The online racing simulator
Vcom tool and rotator
(131 posts, started )
Vcom tool and rotator
Hi

Vcom is a nice server side tool but one function seems to not work

The rotator (track rotating isn't working on my server.

If someone has more success, please tell me how to get it work.

Thx
Could someone post Vcom please - LFS Database is down.
Damn odd, because I cannot make it not working for me

I was in belief nobody uses the track/car rotator (me including). So there haven't been much bug reports about it. Because LFS doesn't force car changes I haven't been very optimistic if anybody uses it. So I haven't put much effort on the rotator lately.

Maybe I need to take a look at it again
it would be cool if u have enough time .
I use racemanager but less options for track changing scpecially weather and wind.
What does it say? I noticed that for patch V and the default delay of 3 secs it can complain that "cannot change track during race". That can be fixed with setting like (I tried it so far with only non dedi server)...
wait=6000;
...or even higher if that's not enough (10000 is max).

Also if it has randomize=1; it can choose the same rotator entry again and then there is of course no change (unless possibly if you have used random ranges in some values). To make it change something always set it
randomize=2;
(and make sure there are at least 2 entries to choose from)

Also make sure the "track" entries you want to use have bias of 1 or higher (with 0 they are not used). (i.e. bias=1; )
YES it works thx!

But the rotatator works if we only vote restart.

Does it be possible to rotate automatically after the last racer finsihed the race like with racemanager in a delay of 30 secones for example

I know i take ur time but ur tool is excellent and makes me enthousiastic
Good that you made it work.

It's not currently possible to make it auto restart, but I might add it if it is really wanted.

And no, you are not taking my time. If you have bug reports you can send them via private mail (this forum) too. (I know this wasn't really a bug report)

(and maybe this thread should have been on the insim programs sub forum )

EDIT: insim programs sub forum = unofficial addons
oh yes if u could make auto restart after 30 sec or 1 minute (with a message) i'll be the happiest admin

"// track rotator
rotate{
races_per_track=1; // races before changing track
//races_per_track=2-5; // min 2 and max 5
randomize=2; // 0=in order, 1=randomize, 2=randomize, not same track(entry) twice
wait=10000; // millisecs (1000..10000) - how long to wait track changes etc"

WHat's the sense of the red numbers?

Thx for your support.
The comment lines are like in C++ and start with // so currently it does nothing (from // to the line end).

If if is uncommented (generally many of the rotator values can be given this way), it gives a random range. So 2-5 simply means at least 2, but at most 5 (the rotator changes the settings somewhere between 2 and 5 races). In the default setup there are similar examples for wind and weather (wind=1-3; and weather=1-3; ). The idea was to remove the need to make several entries for just different weather conditions. If you want to bias certain conditions, then you need to make several entries (and give different biases).
ok thx for explanation
Is it possible to run vcom via lfs by entering a command or running a script?

i have no access to my remote Lfs server (only console command via lfs)
In the commands.txt file (LFS files) I found these

Useful commands for scripts and controller buttons :
/run X :run the script X (data\script\X.lfs)
/hrun X :run script X on host (admins only)
/exec E C :run program E (with command line C)

I thought that if I make a script (vcom.lfs) which has /exec (something...)/vcom.exe (something...) and run it with /hrun vcom, but it keeps complaining that exec has a bad parameter. I cannot run it even with straight typing /exec (something ...). I don't know if it would help because you must run vcom from it's own directory not some other like lfs directory. Of course I could implement some restart command in vcom, but it would be nice if the script thing worked.
another problem in the rotator i put 2 races per lap but when the rotator is on AS3 or BL1 after 2 races , the rotator changes for as3 or bl1 again.
I don't know why. here is what i've put in setup.dat :

// track rotator
rotate{
races_per_track=2; // races before changing track
randomize=0; // 0=in order, 1=randomize, 2=randomize, not same track(entry) twice
wait=10000; // millisecs (1000..10000) - how long to wait track changes etc

track{
id=FE2; //
qual=15; // minutes before the first race
laps=6; // race laps
bias=2; // bias used in randomizing new track (0=not used)
wind=0-1; // 0=no wind, 1=light wind, 2=strong wind
weather=1-3; // 1=day/brigh clear, 2=evening/cloudy, 3=dusk (usually)
cars=GTR;
mustpit=1;
}
track{
id=WE1; //
laps=6; // race laps
weather=1-2; // 1=day/brigh clear, 2=evening/cloudy, 3=dusk (usually)
cars=GTR;
mustpit=1;
}
track{
id=KY2; //
laps=6; // race laps
cars=GTR;
mustpit=1;
}
track{
id=AS3; //
laps=6; // race laps
cars=GTR;
mustpit=1;
}
track{
id=BL1; //
laps=6; // race laps
weather=1-3; // 1=day/brigh clear, 2=evening/cloudy, 3=dusk (usually)
cars=GTR;
mustpit=1;
}
Does it do that always? Because I cannot reproduce it myself. I tryed with a shorter list of 1 lap races and it always goes back to first.

The only error I could find from your setup is that it doesn't close the rotate section (} missing), but I guess it is just missing from this paste.

Anyway I look more to it (and try to reproduce it) later.
yes always !

i saw something else , vcom shows me for every track loading this:

did you plan to make an idle fonction like in llfslapper?
Ok, now I start to get an idea what's wrong.

It clearly misses at least the track data BL1, so most probably it has an error between the rotate and the first track data section (BL1). Check again that it has that closing } for the rotate section. That means after the closing } for the last rotate/track section there must be closing } for the rotate too before the track data sections. ...

rotate{
track{ //...
}
track{ //...
}
} //<---- You have this missing!!!!

//-- all tracks (and their variations)
track{
}
//...

This same thing might be causing the rotator goes nuts. I guess it goes on and thinks the first track data section (BL1) is part of the rotator entries.

Argh... I knew this C looking format can cause trouble (but it is very good for making nested sections). I guess I have to make it fail to start if braces are missing or do not match otherwise

EDIT: Idle function?
oh thx not noticied the { it works now

Idle means when the racer stay on the track and do nothing, he's automatically kicked in spectate mod for not disturbing other racers
Yeah, was thinking, but...

the idea itself is good, but making it 100% proof is another thing. Damn annoying when spin out of track and be forced to spectate on the last lap. If it would be able to spot true idlers from those who are just waiting for a gap in traffic to enter the race.
no i'm think about a delay of 30 seconds or 45 seconds of non activity
i wonder if it's possible to run vcom+lfs lapper without racemanager coded in python.

i can't run python programs on my server hosting.

i saw a thread insim relay but it's in java and it doesn't work on my pc.
It is python? I think I tried it year ago, but cannot remember if I downloaded anything else. I think they cannot stop you running it if you have the interpreter which runs the script. Just run the exe it has. Otherwise check if there are some other relay (sometimes called gateway) apps.

Just be warned that there might be some dual printings if some of the commands (!<something> style commands) collide with lfslapper. Also I don't know what those relay things do if some of the programs require mismatching settings in init (InSimInit) (one of the reasons I haven't finished relay in vcom).
Does it be possible to generate a daily and a weekly results?

I can't generate sb.xml files

Does it be possible to upload on another ftp site where vcom isn't running?(my webspace isn't on the same ftp than dedicated lfs server)

It would be cool if daily and weekly results could be in .html

What's the future of vcom? Do you still work on the project.
quick answers...

"Does it be possible to generate a daily and a weekly results? "

For best laps? Well I made this for the lastest version, but the release is still held back by "something" I'm still working on.

"can't generate sb.xml files"

You need to type it on the server console unfortunately. The new version would help greatly (see above).

"Does it be possible to upload on another ftp site where vcom isn't running?(my webspace isn't on the same ftp than dedicated lfs server)"

You can give the output directory where it is generated. If you cannot refer to this public web space (it can be on other computer too) from the computer where the vcom is running (i.e by paths like "~/public_html/lfs/results/" or "Z:/lfs/results", etc - in those 'public_html' and 'Z' would refer to directories over network), you need to do it manually (by transfering the output files via ftp etc) or by generating some auto run script.

"It would be cool if daily and weekly results could be in .html"

All web browsers can show XML/XSL without (much) problems. Today many programs save the data into XML. If you are not happy how the data is shown be free to make your own XSL files and changes and make your own graphics.

"What's the future of vcom? Do you still work on the project."

I think this is partly answered above. I have coded or will code the things I've been personally interested to try (past or future). I try to fix bugs if people report.

I personally use it to play music or see changes in setups (offline).
"can't generate sb.xml files

You need to type it on the server console unfortunately. The new version would help greatly (see above)."

What's the command line please?

i can't see it in the readme file

Vcom tool and rotator
(131 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG