The online racing simulator
LFSPoints V2.0
(51 posts, started )
LFSPoints V2.1.0
LFSPoints is a small program designed to aid league managers in calculating the championship point results for races in the racing simulator Live for Speed. It works by parsing the Multiplayer Replay files (.mpr) created by the game and comparing the results against a user-defined points table. It then gives a display of the results which can either be copied and pasted, or exported as an XML, HTML, CSV or UBB file.

WARNING:

This current version is still in alpha, which is a state before beta. That means it contains missing or incomplete features and some known bugs. That said on the whole it is more feature packed and stable than previous versions. The main problems you would encounter are that the Customise Points feature contains some weird bugs (nothing fatal) and the option for HTML export is not active, despite what it tells you . Also there might be a rare bug with removing replays for the list view. As soon as I have the time and energy, I will set to finishing it.

Note:

Previous championship files are no longer compatible with this new version.

Requirements:

You must have at least the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to use this program, as well as either Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista.

History:

2.1.0 ALPHA - Pre-release alpha version.

Attached images
LFSPoints_V2_Replays.gif
LFSPoints_V2_Champ.gif
Attached files
LFSPoints_2.1.0_ALPHA.zip - 66.9 KB - 291 views
#2 - ekze
Thanks! Very good program.
But I have few suggestions:
1. How about making it work not with nicknames, but with lfs usernames? sometimes people change their names, so the points cannot be summed.
2. How about making Team Standings in Championship? For our championship we use results of the best team racers (ex. RRT.x finished 1st, RRT.y 4th and RRT.z 7th - the 1st and 4th will bring points to Team Standings). This may be realised by allowing creating team files, so user of your app can add racers to a team. Or team may be recognised by nick tag.
3. How about exporting data to *.html ?
Thanks!

Those are all good suggestions, thank you for sharing them.

I can make it export to HTML without a problem. I wonder if it would be good to export as a whole page, or maybe just a HTML table you can include in your own site. Or maybe have an option for both. In fact I can make a little export window with options for what information you'd like to export, as I plan to include more race info in the exported files... In truth the export stuff was written last and I just wanted to finish the damn program!

The nickname/username is a valid point, although the reason I omitted usernames before as it would brake the program for demo users. I guess I can work something out, as I'd not thought about people changing their display names.

Again the teams thing is a good idea, but something like that will take me a little while to complete. I'll look into it.
#4 - ekze
About usernames/nicknames stuff: you can make 2 modes, one for demo mode with nicknames, and second for S1/S2 with usernames ^_^
Nah, it will (in-future) auto-detect the version and use the best available name.

EDit: Now updated to include this. In future it will allow you to view both username and (nickname), as it can be confusing to only see usernames, and visa-versa. HTML export will be in tomorrow, teams maybe the day after...
Very nice program!
Looks VERY nice, and might be just the thing I am looking for...
Is there any chance of a verys small, (but in my case EXTREMELY Important ) addition? I would love to see the possibility of filtering/displaying by users COUNTRY (ie, flag) as entered in LFSW.

If this is possible, could you let me know please?
Sorry, that's not possible.
EXACTLY what was needed.. Will await HTML export excitedly
Hey DT! Good to see you're still around.

Nice work, BTW.

Serp.
#12 - ekze
Quote from DarkTimes :Sorry, that's not possible.

Well, why not... Your program may just look for the flag which is displayed in racer's profile at the LFSWorld... I dont think that its too hard
The data is not included in the MPR header, nor is it included within LFSWorld pubstat. I of course could attempt to parse the HTML file for a players LFSWorld page, but that would be both extremely complicated and going against the wishes of the LFS devs, who don't like it when you do that sort of thing. Plus it sort of goes beyond what LFSPoints is, it's really just designed to ease the normal things most league managers do, very specific things are beyond its scope.
I was wondering if it would be possible in the results area to add in Starting Position and Finishing Position of the race. Showing how many positions a person lost or gained.
Nice program , very handy indeed i lost my old parser that mazco made , may i ask is it possible for when MPR is exported, to have the option in championship to select additional data output ie fastest lap or total time and car etc ?
that would be pretty groovy
I've uploaded a new version with a vastly improved XML export function. I've started work on HTML export, but it's currently quite messy code and I want to clean it up and improve it before I release it.

Here is an example of the XML output: Example.xml
just some thoughts for the xml-output:
why don't you use attributes for xml-tags? in my eyes u can shorten the output by reorganize the xml-scheme, like
<Result position="1" name="DarkTimes" points="23" />

for a single <Result>-entity.
the same with the name of a championship, which better could be an attrib of tag <Championship> ??

but don't understand me wrong: GREAT TOOL
Wow, what a great tool! Very user friendly and the ability to save championships... fantastic.. Thanks a whole lot for sharing!

Requests? UBB code output...
Quote from haelje :just some thoughts for the xml-output:
why don't you use attributes for xml-tags? in my eyes u can shorten the output by reorganize the xml-scheme, like
<Result position="1" name="DarkTimes" points="23" />

for a single <Result>-entity.
the same with the name of a championship, which better could be an attrib of tag <Championship> ??

but don't understand me wrong: GREAT TOOL

Yeah, a fair point. I tweaked the XML output a bit, any more changes don't hesitate to suggest them.

Quote : Requests? UBB code output...

Hehe, you'll need to educate me, what is UBB? I did a quick Google, somehow I don't think you're referring to the United Bulgarian Bank.
Quote from DarkTimes :Hehe, you'll need to educate me, what is UBB? I did a quick Google, somehow I don't think you're referring to the United Bulgarian Bank.

UBB == Ultimate Bulletin Board (IIRC.. was an old forum written in Perl).. now pretty much the standard forum codes used for markup, [ QUOTE ], [ CODE ] etc

Regards,

Ian
Quote from DarkTimes :Hehe, you'll need to educate me, what is UBB? I did a quick Google, somehow I don't think you're referring to the United Bulgarian Bank.

Hehe, pretty much what Ian said.. and here's a link:
http://www.canandaigua.com/ubb/ubbcode.html

Would be useful for posting results and standings on our forum
OK - I'll have a look at it. Just to say as well that you can copy & paste replay and championship info out of the data grids, if you want to put them in a forum post or something.
Error
some replays are not working lfs W , LFS X
Attached files
Log.txt - 60 B - 217 views
Thanks for the report... Although I think I'm going to need to make that kind of error have more info lol.

Can I ask for some info about the replays you are loading, such as what track/car/laps etc.. Or ideally a copy of a file which causes the problem. I'd be glad for any help you could give me.

Edit: Scratch that, I think I found a couple of bugs with patch W replays, but patch X should work...
Hmm... OK. I'm going to disable support for replays from before patch X, as I would have to make some heavy code revisions to fix that bug. I have been working on a brand new version of the program with lots more features, which will include full support for old pre-X replays.

In light of the fact that I'm working on a new much improved version of the program, I don't see any point in taking time out of its development to fix a bug in the old LFSPoints that will be obsolete in a week. Sorry about that.

If you really want to use patch W replays you can track down the original version of LFSPoints V1, which does support patch W. Although it's a bit ropey and doesn't have anywhere as many features.

I will upload V2.07 tonight and I hope to have LFSPoints V2.1 (the brand-new version) out by this time next week.

Edit: Uploaded V2.07. I figured Scawen would upload a test patch, so I wanted to wait to check it worked OK first.

LFSPoints V2.0
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG