The online racing simulator
LFSPoints V2.0
(51 posts, started )
Error in latins characters like as "ñ" "ó" "í" and the "tm" etc.

Would be fantastic to solve this error..

Here the xml..

PS. Fantastic app
Attached files
test2.rar - 809 B - 193 views
Thanks for the report. I've noticed similar errors myself, and it's definietly one of the things on the list for the new version, along with loads of other stuff. A lot to do and not a huge amount of time sadly, but I still hope to release a beta by the end of the week.

Just to confirm though, the errors occur in the application which is reading the exported XML, not an error message in LFSPoints itself?
Due to that "?" generated by LFSPoints, the aplication which read the xml don´t know who´s ESPA?A[XTM] because that "?" do that ESPAÑA[XTM] is one racer, and ESPA?A[XTM] other.

Thx
Quote from ESPAÑA[XTM] :Due to that "?" generated by LFSPoints, the aplication which read the xml don´t know who´s ESPA?A[XTM] because that "?" do that ESPAÑA[XTM] is one racer, and ESPA?A[XTM] other.

Thx

you basically mean its not recognising the "Ñ" character?
#30 - ekze
I have a suggestion to make it possible to add penalty points to teams and racers, if they have broke some rules, or for example add option to give 1 penalty point for 1 line in chat...
Giving custom penalties has gone on the list, it's a very good idea, although I cannot give one penalty per line of chat. The new version is going well and it's almost finished (now I see why professional developers never give exact release dates, it's truly impossible to stick to them if you are trying to make a good bug free program). Although as they say, once you've finished the first 90% of a program, you only have the other 90% left to do...
I've almost finished the new version and I must say I'm really pleased with it. I went back to 2.08 earlier and was really struck by how much better the new version is. I do want to make sure it's the best that it can be though, so I'm not quite ready to release the new version yet. It's starting to feel like a proper serious finished application. It's also gradually become the biggest program I've ever written (9189 lines of code and counting!). I'm loving it!

Anyway I'll run off a list of new features for 2.1, in no particular order...

- Completely rewritten code-base (less bugs and more extensible!)
- Window can now be resized and minimised/maximised and it remembers your settings (which was harder to implement than it sounds, and was the catalyst for a completely new version).
- Full support for legacy replays (although no pole or climber awards), tested back as far as patch T.
- Numerous graphical tweaks and improvements.
- More information in the DataGridViews.
- Replays and results have right-click properties dialogs, which give detailed information about player and host settings.
- Can customise the championship results table, adding custom penalties or awards.
- Remembers recently opened files and commonly used folders and paths.
- XML now properly supports Latin characters (all Unicode characters really)
- Export dialog allows you to customise what data is exported.
- Supports exporting into HTML, CSV and UBB, in addition to XML.
- Hugely optimised saving and loading system, which hopefully means new versions won't break the old save files, and means smaller file sizes.
- Colourful icons!
- Plus more!

Once 2.1 is finished I'm thinking of making the program open source, but we'll see how it goes.
Excellent, closely following the progress of this thread, and cant wait for a release 2.8 has helped a great deal in my current series.
Thanks. I'm humbled to have been of service.
Great news!

Keep up the good work!!!
#36 - Gunn
Looking forward to putting this into use.
Thanks.

OK - I got a question. Quite a few people have emailed me to ask that CSV is put back in, and I'm in the proccess of writing the new export methods now. Now I'm wondering what format the CSV files should take? At the moment I'm just doing this...

1,Scawen,20
2,Eric,15
3,Victor,10

But what other info would people like to see, how should it be formated? If you could give me a hand I'd be greatful, I've never really done CSV before.

Incidentally I just wrote the UBB export, it's actually really cool. I was a bit unsure at first, but glad I spent an hour writing it.
OK - I'll just leave it as it is.
#39 - ekze
Wow! Great news!

And i have one more suggestion.... Look at situation: 10 lap race, last lap, one racer is losing 1 lap(or more), and another one is in same lap as leader... and he disconnects (for example because of connection problem). Is it possible somehow to give him not just a dnf with no points, but a place which is higher than any racer lap or more behind?
If they pitted or disconnected they will not be counted in the race results as far as I understand. This is not a limitation imposed by me, but a limitation in the information available to me in the LFS replay files.
I get this error when trying to load any replay (MPR).

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x86 Build 6000

Any idea on what's causing this?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at LFSPoints.LFSPoints.PopulateRacesDataGridView()
at LFSPoints.LFSPoints.addToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LFSPoints
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0
CodeBase: file:///X:/Live%20For%20Speed%20S2%20V/LFSPoints.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Could you add an option that is called "dropped Score" ?
For example in the ESL the two worst results of the season will be dropped at the end of the Season. We have around 14 races but only 12 go into the results. Would be nice to have this option :-)

Thx
Quote from Panda X :I get this error when trying to load any replay (MPR).

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x86 Build 6000

Any idea on what's causing this?

Please download the new LFSPoints V2.1.0 ALPHA from the first post. This should hopefully fix your problem. Hopefully.

I have been very busy recently, so it is taking me a lot longer to finish the program than I had hoped. I have decided to release a special development ALPHA version, which is about 95-96% complete. There are some missing features and some small bugs, but nothing show-stopping that I know of.

I will try and get the beta version out sometime during the week.
Quote from a n d 1 :Could you add an option that is called "dropped Score" ?
For example in the ESL the two worst results of the season will be dropped at the end of the Season. We have around 14 races but only 12 go into the results. Would be nice to have this option :-)

Thx

I'll consider it for a future version, but at the moment I'm trying not to add any new features. I want to get the program finished at some point! Sounds like a decent suggestion though.
Just a question.. please tell me off if ive missed it written somewhere but.. HTML export... is that working in 2.1.0 Alpha? As I can get it to export to all the other formats except the html...

It goes through the motions of saving, and confirms that a file is saved, however, the file doesnt exist in the directory its saved in.. anyone else confirm??
Yes, sorry. As I said in the first post, HTML has not been finished yet. It goes through all the process of saving the file, only the actual file does not get saved and as no errors are caused it presumes that the file exported correctly. I guess I should remove the option for it at the moment.
Hi! I just wanted to say your program is a lifesaver for our current Sweet16 Series. However, I noticed something odd. When combining mpr's from 0.5X and 0.5X10, the racers separate (due to 0.5X10 using S2 license name and 0.5X using in-game names). Is there a minor tweak to make the 0.5X stats compatible with 0.5X10 using just the S2 license names? If not, it's not biggie, there's always notepad and a calculator!
Yeah, it is odd - that's something which needs fixing. It's a slightly complicated problem though, as if I set it to nicknames then people can change their nicknames between races, and if I set it to usernames then pre-patch X replays don't work correctly. I will try to invent a good solution to this problem, but there is a chance that league admins may just have to enforce a naming policy to stop people changing their nicknames race to race. However using usernames to distinguish drivers will become less of a problem over time, as all replays created from here on will allow it to work.

Most likely I will create an option to use username where possible, if not all replays contains a username, then it will just use nicknames.
Excellent little program, will help me greatly.

Just a little Q, can ALL drivers who started be shown, rather than just those that finished?
Nope, unfortunately not, for some reason the replay files header only lists those that finished. Next incompatible patch I'm going to bug Scawen to give the replay format some love.

LFSPoints V2.0
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG