The online racing simulator
LFS InGame with new Button System
(44 posts, started )
Here is a InGame Tool with new Button System for Patch X.

In the File config.xml (must be in the same Folder as InGame.exe) you can change some parameters.

To start.

In LFS type in /insim 29999 (or the Port specified in config.xml) or start LFS with command line /insim=29999.
UDP use one port above. So 29999 and 30000 f.e.

The ip given in the config.xml have to be the PC LFS is running.

Net Framework 2.0 have to be installed.

Update:
-------

New Version 1.0.0.5

- Bugs fixed
- Add information if you are laped by leader
- Add display the time the leader is "behind" you. Time to be laped. After first Lap.
- Shift+B now allows the user to bring up buttons or hide

Version 1.0.0.4

- Bugs fixed
- Added Number of laps possible with fuel (works fine after 2 laps)
- Change size of Shift- and Pitlimiter Button

Version 1.0.0.1

- The position of each information can be set in config.xml
Attached images
InGame1.jpg
InGame2.jpg
InGame3.jpg
Attached files
InGame.zip - 18.2 KB - 521 views
InGame 1-0-0-1.zip - 19.4 KB - 401 views
InGame 1-0-0-4.zip - 19.7 KB - 360 views
InGame 1-0-0-5.zip - 20.7 KB - 562 views
cool app waited for sumthin like thizz, thx
.NET :thumbsdow
ohh, what is so bad about.net framework... nice app redrum
What does this app do?
It displays some Information in LFS with Buttons.
See screenshots ....
Quote from germanpio :ohh, what is so bad about.net framework... nice app redrum

The bloated 200MB framework you have to install to run a 20kB program. It's helpful for the programmer though and 20kB programs are nice
Quote from geeman1 :The bloated 200MB framework you have to install to run a 20kB program. It's helpful for the programmer though and 20kB programs are nice

You can run more than ONE 20kB program with framework.
And i guess most of the drivers here allready have installed it.

UPDATE: see first post.
never seen the pit "button", when does it appear?

suggestion: add colors (lfs style) light green and red/brown for example rpm or split times, low fuel.
Quote from geeman1 :The bloated 200MB framework you have to install to run a 20kB program. It's helpful for the programmer though and 20kB programs are nice

Paint.NET is .NET and it saves me much bucks for buying adobe photoshop, just an example. (prefering c++ programming anyway)
when i change track, and then drive, the app doesnt give me information,
no speed or anything
I love the fuel thingie and the gap in seconds, and the laptimes of the ones ahead and behind me.

I don't want to be too bold... but how hard would it be to make some sort of g-meter only for the lateral forces?
Edit: something visual, not in numbers like the F9 display
Quote from MoonForce :never seen the pit "button", when does it appear?

hmmm....the name is not very good chosen I think. It appears when pitlimiter is active. The little green light wasn´t big enough for me.

Quote from MoonForce :
suggestion: add colors (lfs style) light green and red/brown for example rpm or split times, low fuel.

Good Idea. The only thing, when it is colored you have to choose your color for yourself. And that´s a lot writing. But note it.

Quote from kiss me :when i change track, and then drive, the app doesnt give me information, no speed or anything

Know that. But i don´t have an Idea of why. Try to press the "v" Button. Working on it.

Quote from tDiesel : I don't want to be too bold... but how hard would it be to make some sort of g-meter only for the lateral forces?
Edit: something visual, not in numbers like the F9 display

Sorry, no graphics. This system is included in LFS. Any graphic needs a different d3d8.dll.
an update idea:
make the "S" for shift and pits text smaller.. its very huge
the split times become garbled some times and the gap times don't always show the driver name (mind you, i was racing the AI this time but it happened with real players too)

This is a great product so far anyway
Attached images
ingame.JPG
#16 - FL!P
Very useful program, thank you!

A few bugs I noticed:
  • The names in the Gap display disappear after some time.

• The times in the Gap display aren't working during replays (not sure if it's intended or not, but it be cool if they worked).

• As already mentioned, the split times get garbled.

• Fuel isn't displayed during replays. Fine. But if it was displayed before, it's not cleared.

• If you've ever hosted a game and defined an admin password, entering this password into InGame's config file doesn't work. I got alerts saying the passwords didn't match, and I had to remove the password completely to get it to work.

• It says something in german each time a new session starts (no idea what it means).
And a couple of feature request:
  • It'd be great to have a hotkey to hide/display all InGame's buttons (for screenshots, etc).

• The fuel is displayed in percentage. Could we also have the number of laps of fuel, like in the single seaters?
Can't wait for those bugs to be fixed! Keep up the good work!
#17 - FL!P
Another bug: InGame leads lots of LFS buttons not to be displayed in the Lobby.

Repro:

Launch LFS with InGame and go to single player
From the lobby, add AI cars (first screenshot)
Go on track, and end the race to go back to the lobby: the cars list is gone (second screenshot). It reproduces every time.
Attached images
lfs_00000019.jpg
lfs_00000020.jpg
Quote from FL!P :
It'd be great to have a hotkey to hide/display all InGame's buttons (for screenshots, etc).

SHIFT+B

Thx for Bug Report.
Quote from FL!P :The names in the Gap display disappear after some time.

fixed
Quote from FL!P :The times in the Gap display aren't working during replays (not sure if it's intended or not, but it be cool if they worked).

fixed (hope so )
Quote from FL!P :As already mentioned, the split times get garbled.

fixed
Quote from FL!P :If you've ever hosted a game and defined an admin password, entering this password into InGame's config file doesn't work. I got alerts saying the passwords didn't match, and I had to remove the password completely to get it to work.

fixed (hope so )
Quote from FL!P :It says something in german each time a new session starts (no idea what it means).

Nice language. Screenshot ??

Quote from FL!P : It'd be great to have a hotkey to hide/display all InGame's buttons (for screenshots, etc).

shift+B
Quote from FL!P : The fuel is displayed in percentage. Could we also have the number of laps of fuel, like in the single seaters?Added

Update, see first post.
#20 - FL!P
Great, thanks for the quick update!

Quote from riskredruM :
Quote from FL!P :
The names in the Gap display disappear after some time.

fixed

Well, yes and no. It seems to work fine in replays, but online, after one race both names are replaced with "Not possible", and stay like that. The gap times work, though.
Quote from riskredruM :
Quote from FL!P :
The times in the Gap display aren't working during replays (not sure if it's intended or not, but it be cool if they worked).

fixed (hope so )

Nope, sorry, they still stay at 0:00.000.
Quote from riskredruM :
Quote from FL!P : As already mentioned, the split times get garbled.

fixed

Indeed, they work perfecty, now (including in replays).
Quote from riskredruM :
Quote from FL!P :
If you've ever hosted a game and defined an admin password, entering this password into InGame's config file doesn't work. I got alerts saying the passwords didn't match, and I had to remove the password completely to get it to work.

fixed (hope so )

Sorry, but I'm getting the same error (InSim: password doesn't not match your multiplayer admin password). Had to keep the password blank as workaround.
Quote from riskredruM :
Quote from FL!P :
It says something in german each time a new session starts (no idea what it means).

Nice language. Screenshot ??

It says "Du bist auf" when I go on track from the lobby. Maybe not each time, though.
Quote from riskredruM :
Quote from FL!P :
It'd be great to have a hotkey to hide/display all InGame's buttons (for screenshots, etc).

shift+B

That's LFS' hotkey to hide every third party buttons, right? It doesn't work quite as expected (except in the lobby): on track, pressing it hides the split times, but only until you pass the split again. Other info, like gap or lap just blink and get displayed immediately again.
Quote from riskredruM :
Quote from FL!P :
The fuel is displayed in percentage. Could we also have the number of laps of fuel, like in the single seaters?

Update, see first post.

Great, thanks!

Also, the first time I launched it, I got an alert from the firewall asking if I wanted to keep blocking "test". I would have expected its real name, there.
Quote from FL!P :
Also, the first time I launched it, I got an alert from the firewall asking if I wanted to keep blocking "test". I would have expected its real name, there.

That´s ok. Cause it try to send and receive Data. And the .exe have changed......
#22 - FL!P
I know it's ok, but why does it say "test" instead of the program's name?
My fault. Have to change this.
#24 - FL!P
Yes, that was my point.

Helpful programming tools translates into better programs.

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG