The online racing simulator
Quote :If you want reality then just go racing in reality! If you want a sim then you are avoiding many of the problems of reality, and cutting it down to the actual racing

Some race on sims just because real racing is waaaay too expensive for some. For professional karting, I would have to spend at least 2x my monthly income just for karting in order to be competitive. So it's completely out of question for me.

While I do agree that some things don't need to go extreme in LFS, I think that warming up the tyres are part of the hotlapping, and it puts some restrictions for the setups (since the driver would have to take care about overheating the tyres). And somehow I think that it could be an option to start from the pits, since some purists will like this option (except on AS GT with UF1.... )
From my point of view the best would be to make the hotlapping start selectable (pit or last split) or let it be as it is.

Hotlapping from the pits is no option for me. Maybe others have more time than me, but I'm 43 of age and I also have a real life and only a limited amount of time for LFS and hotlapping from the pits is waste of time for me.

Maybe it's more realistic. But what is the benefit for hotlapping from the pits? Warming up the tires? Look at the hotlapping replays of the best drivers in the OLFSL Leage and you see how they warm up the tires.

If you speek of realism then a super pole mode for qualification could be interesting (Only one warum lap and a qualification lap). There the purists will need the skill of warming up the tires in time and get a good result in only one lap.

Hotlapping is no racing. If you fail you can start again. So I think that the realism should be kept in racing not in an offline mode where you want to make many laps in short time and not wasting time for no benefit.
starting from pits is the most realistic thing.Everybody bashing LFSwhy its not realistic here and there so why to include hte hotlaping as well.Eveybody would have again same conditions so I dont see a problem with that.

If hotlaping is not part of the racing so its what then?Hmm...maybe the F1 qualifying is not racing as well.Sorry I didnt know that.
Quote from Scawen :Just in case anyone is concerned about this and which way it will go, I am quite convinced that hotlappers should be able to set the start position and the tyre temperatures. It would stop this messing around doing donuts and whatever before doing the hotlap. This decision is based on the opinions of the actual hotlappers, those guys who really do a lot of this, they want it that way, so it's more convenient to do the hot lap. They want to spend more time lapping and less time warming up the tyres. This is different from reality, that's true, but then LFS differs from reality in many ways, for convenience. For example we just appear on the grid, we don't have to drive to the race track - you know what I mean. If you want reality then just go racing in reality! If you want a sim then you are avoiding many of the problems of reality, and cutting it down to the actual racing. That's the purpose of a racing sim. Get in and RACE. Similarly the purpose of hotlapping is to get in and LAP!

Why do you continue to discuss if you don´t have to write a new point?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG