The online racing simulator
Ones and for all about drifting
(68 posts, closed, started )
Quote : Originally Posted by Ian.H
Because it's nothing but a senseless noise? In relative terms, then I guess yes (I'm not old but don't like rock music either).

I don't know how many times it needs to be spelt out, as I was told endlessly when I complained about the lack of 'I' in the AI, it's an "online racing sim".. nowhere in that title to I see the word "drift".. and mentioning a cartoon and FnF (in the OP's case) is hardly something to be taken seriously is it?

"Drifting" IMO is something kids do in car parks when they first get their licenses because it's "cool" and "rebellious". Sure, I threw a few of my cars sideways when I was 17 / 18.. but I grew up

Regards,

Ian

"
As rumor has it, Keiichi Tsuchiya was in a car race, and was dead last. He decided to swing the car around the corners, shocking and amazing the crowd. When accessed later for comment, Tsuchiya called it "drifting." While this is not the origin, it is probably where it obtained its name and introduction. In 1977 Keiichi began his racing career driving many different cars in amateur racing series events. Racing these underpowered cars was difficult but again a great learning experience. Later Keiichi was picked up to drive the ADVAN sponsored Toyota AE86/Sprinter Trueno (JDM Corolla GT-S). During many races on a downhill corner he would drift the car and carry a better corner speed than his competitors. This technique is what made him the Drift King, not, as most believe, that he was first in the drift scene.
Many of the techniques used today in drifting were developed by rally drivers competing on dirt, gravel and snow. On such surfaces, the fastest way to take a corner is generally by sliding."

This one make feel like a totaly moron right? Drifting is a racing technique

Imagine a downhill section of a rally with tight corners ,now imagine 2 drivers one "racer-grip" and a "racer-drifter" there is now way for the "grip" one to win the race (we dont take in to consideration that they lose a corner and fall down the hill :P )

Another example is WRC rally where they drift Every single one tight corner because its the fastest way to take the corner

Ty my 2 cents plz :P

In the other hand in nascar or F1 drifting make you slow cause of the style of the race and and limitations of the car setup and tyres setup + Computers software assistance witch prevent you from oversteering (traction control) moslty for the health ensurance of the driver

You can also try to find and watch <<The pikes pike "Climb Dance" Avec Ari Vatanen>> And learn about what drifting is and if faster to stay on grip under those circumstances

I understand why you speaking like that for drifting ,i dont like either to see little mama boys to say i want a skyline with neon and 2 bar boost to drift like mad among the crowd and after that pressing and posing my nitro and every other stupid thing that Fast and Furious taught em, But this doesnt make drifting stupid

Drifters only want to push the car in to going sideways where "racers" (in your term) cant escape from this and they have to do it

After all i think it need more skill to have a car going sideways with 160 kh/h than just pass the same corner with 160 kh/h

As example lets take the average common driver he can easily take a corner with 60 kh/h than take this corner sideways with 60 kh/h (prolly hiting the brakes and going off the road) This is cause of the skill that is needed to balance the car sideways

enough said

Sry for my english im not a native speaker ty
Yeah, thanks for that
#3 - Ian.H
Awwww... ain't that cute Did you type that all by yourself? :clapclap:

I'm sorry, did you have a point to make?

Regards,

Ian

PS: WTF is it with "drifters" and constantly creating new threads trying to defend their favourite waste of time? I've added to many of the "drift" related threads, but don't start them just to criticise, but the "drifters" seem hell bent on starting new threads and profusely defending their reasons for doing it.. weird

Nice trolling from the OP anyway :rolleyes:
Yeah, cool, but what's the point? If people want to drift in LFS on driftservers, let them.
i'll race ya, bf1's you can drift and i'll race we'll see who wins lol
Quote from ZzeCoOl :"
Imagine a downhill section of a rally with tight corners ,now imagine 2 drivers one "racer-grip" and a "racer-drifter" there is now way for the "grip" one to win the race (we dont take in to consideration that they lose a corner and fall down the hill :P )

not true s.loeb you know wrc champion hardly gets the car sideways at all.

dont confuse drifting with rally driving on loose ground, theres a big difference in going sideways to show off and make smoke, and oversteering round a loose surfaced corner
Quote from ZzeCoOl :i think it need more skill to have a car going sideways with 160 kh/h than just pass the same corner with 160 kh/h

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha.
i still can't seem to find the point on this thread,anyone else
Quote from Ian.H :Awwww... ain't that cute Did you type that all by yourself? :clapclap:

I'm sorry, did you have a point to make?

Regards,

Ian

PS: WTF is it with "drifters" and constantly creating new threads trying to defend their favourite waste of time? I've added to many of the "drift" related threads, but don't start them just to criticise, but the "drifters" seem hell bent on starting new threads and profusely defending their reasons for doing it.. weird

Nice trolling from the OP anyway :rolleyes:

Just answer this question is sliding (aka drifting) a racing tecnique or not?
Quote from ZzeCoOl :Just answer this question is sliding (aka drifting) a racing tecnique or not?

No of course not.Well in Rallying its used but I wouldn't refer to it as an racing technique.
Quote from andybarsblade :not true s.loeb you know wrc champion hardly gets the car sideways at all.

dont confuse drifting with rally driving on loose ground, theres a big difference in going sideways to show off and make smoke, and oversteering round a loose surfaced corner

He does every single tight corner not to make smoke or amuse the crowd but because its faster
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :No of course not.Well in Rallying its used but I wouldn't refer to it as an racing technique.

WRC Rally or Rally = Racing sport <=> sliding = racing technique
Quote from ZzeCoOl :WRC Rally or Rally = Racing sport <=> sliding = racing technique

your confusing drifting with oversteering. cant you tell the difference?
I was a 6 years kart racer where you "car" has 100%locked diff so you cant escape the sliding efect ,thruth is that in open corners if you slide your kart you will lose time and got owned but in tight corners and even better in tight S type corners sliding - drifting is the only way to take em fast . Lets say you are facing an S type set of corner the first is left and then goes right when you facing the left corner part you making the "car" sliding to the left and in the apex of the corner your are allready turned you car to the opposite direction (This is done when you cant just take the S straight over the curbs )

Now im sliding for fun with my 200sx cause i dont have much time :P
Quote from andybarsblade :your confusing drifting with oversteering. cant you tell the difference?

Yes drifting is to oversteer and keep your car this way as long as you thing you have to even to pass a corner like that for fun because you like it or even better because some times its the faster way to take the corner

Plus that oversteering is a dynamic force efect and not a technique drifting is a technique that have to do with counterattack the oversteering :P

There is also a technique that counterattacks understeering by hitting the wheel many times to eliminate the understeer efect ( basicly you are trying to oversteer To balance the understeer efect )

So im not confused
ZzeCoOl, stop. Theres no point defending drifting in a forum (mostly) full of racing fans who are tired of drifters asking for FnF mods or window banners on all cars.

Hell, its people like you who make drifters seem like idiots
Quote from ZzeCoOl :

In the other hand in nascar or F1 drifting make you slow cause of the style of the race and and limitations of the car setup and tyres setup + Computers software assistance witch prevent you from oversteering (traction control) moslty for the health ensurance of the driver

Quote from frokki :

Of course drifting is faster if you haven't got enough lateral grip (obviously drift setups are made to reduce grip) and have to compensate it with longitudal traction to get around corners. That's exactly why pre-war GP cars and today's rally cars drift.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ht=drifting+lateral+drift
I don't understand the thing, why racers hate drifters. Because they think that many of the drifters are 13 yr old kids who just had watched FnF? I think drifting is equal to racing. Some people want to race, some want to drift.
LFS has many servers. Servers for racing, and for drifting. That means, drifters won't disturb racers. But why do always racers keep whining about drifting?
Quote from VTiRoj :ZzeCoOl, stop. Theres no point defending drifting in a forum (mostly) full of racing fans who are tired of drifters asking for FnF mods or window banners on all cars.

Hell, its people like you who make drifters seem like idiots

Im not asking for a mod or fancy windows shit im just speaking about the sliding efect

Point me where exacly do i sound as an idiot?
Quote from mixer13134 : But why do always racers keep whining about drifting?

why do drifters keep making pointless post's about drifting and why its harder to do than just race. look at all the wr replays show me one (not rally) thats done buy drifting! fact is you drift because you cant drive fast.
Racers don't keep moaning about drifters. Drifters moan because they feel threatened by their 'skills', and post nonsense like this thread.

Was this thread started by a drifter or a racer? I rest my case.
Quote from mixer13134 :I don't understand the thing, why racers hate drifters. Because they think that many of the drifters are 13 yr old kids who just had watched FnF? I think drifting is equal to racing. Some people want to race, some want to drift.
LFS has many servers. Servers for racing, and for drifting. That means, drifters won't disturb racers. But why do always racers keep whining about drifting?

The answer is simply because of those stupid 13 years old kids and FnF

And something more why after the end of a wrc rally the winner most of the times making donats? ot the 8 figure?
Quote from ZzeCoOl :
Point me where exacly do i sound as an idiot?

Don't call F1 cars limited. Call drift setups limited.
Totally pointless thread.

If you want to drift then drift, I don’t know what you think this thread will do/change or even what the point is you're trying to make.

Plus who are you to say this is a definitive answer to end all arguments about drifting?

This thread is closed

(68 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG