The online racing simulator
Ones and for all about drifting
(68 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ZzeCoOl :
And something more why after the end of a wrc rally the winner most of the times making donats? ot the 8 figure?

what?
he forgot to mention the part where the British would hold the hill survival event in irish ( this is also where British racing green was invented ) where they would slide down the hills in there cars .

the Japanese copied this style in the 60's and many people became very rich and famous because of it

also because of that thr e are many famous places for driftracing such as zao aso nikko etc ( mainly snowy /ice covered area's )

my last thing is its funny how drifting is taking over europe and rally is taking over japan ( i think it is )
Quote from tristancliffe :Racers don't keep moaning about drifters. Drifters moan because they feel threatened by their 'skills', and post nonsense like this thread.

Was this thread started by a drifter or a racer? I rest my case.

Im Both even in game as in my real life a racer and now a drifter

Im not saying that one is better than the other im just saying that sliding is a car efect where you take advandage in drifting races
Quote from tristancliffe :Racers don't keep moaning about drifters. Drifters moan because they feel threatened by their 'skills', and post nonsense like this thread.

Agreed Tristan, I REALLY don't know why drifters keep banging on about this, why they don't just accept that their choosen motorsport is more akin to ballet than anything else and leave the racers to race.
Quote from RedQuad :Don't call F1 cars limited. Call drift setups limited.

software controled car are limited there are many years before that f1 was real f1
#31 - CSU1
I think maybe sometimes ZZzcool it may be slightly faster to drift around a corner(answering this as its the only point I can see you're making) but its not the way to race, its dangerous to other drivers in close proximity and your tyres will not last past the first half dozen laps.

Plain and simple, if you want to do it no one is stopping you NO ONE REALLY CARES!!! its just that drifting is not racing and LFS is a racing simulator

check out how many drift threads get hijacked by ian for the hell of it
theres a reason the drifters left rsc a long time ago
so yes some racers moan a lot for the attention
We already had very many interesting debates about whether drifting is faster than "gripping" and why "everybody hates drifters" - just one click on the search button away. You might want to read up on them to make yourself look less stupid.

Mentioning rally driving really shows that you have no idea, because the circumstances are vastly different than on a race track. On a loose surface, the reason of going sideways is that the profile of the tyre only really works in the longitudinal direction, by digging through the loose stuff (aided by heavy wheel spin) down to the hard ground. By that, you have vastly more longitudinal than lateral grip, so you actually go sideways to make the forward pull of the tyres drag you through the corner. This technique is obviously pointless on clean surfaces, like you find 99% on a race track. The only other reasons to not "grip" on tarmac is to navigate extremely tight hairpins where the wheelbase of the car already poses a problem, or where the benefit of keeping the revs and boost up overcome the slight loss in grip. And at last, in case of street cars (or badly tuned race cars) to overcome the built in understeering tendency, which is the reason for the often quoted advantage of drifting on mountain tracks.

Even if you chose to ignore the obvious and firmly believe that drifting is faster on the track (slight(!) four wheel drifting is indeed faster in certain circumstances, but not the show drifting you think of), over the length of a race, even if it is just one of the ridiculous 5 lappers, drifting is not faster because your tyres will be overheated after one lap.
MOST lfs tracks are tarmac, and if you can simply prove to me in any LFS car that drifting is faster than gripping.. or simply get a WR with your drifting or sliding techiques, then I will learn how to drift.

Cmon, not only you're real-life racer, I am also one. The drifting technique you said you used in karting is not so called drifting, it's just power-sliding.
#35 - axus
Quote from ZzeCoOl :The answer is simply because of those stupid 13 years old kids and FnF

You know, Ian.H isn't known for his political correctness. He doesn't care much about offending people. I also tend to speak my mind but I try to stay within certain bounds when I know that some people might get offended - by pointing out that what I say is my opinion etc. even though it obviously is by virtue of the fact that I said it. On the other hand, people like Ian.H don't even go that far, and people who get offended too easily go off about how disrespectful the whole community is (as if Ian.H speaks for the everyone on the forum, for example) towards whatever (drifting in this case).

If you enjoy drifting (yes, it is fun, from time to time) go ahead an do it! What other people think of it shouldn't matter, which is the point most of the racers in this thread are making.

You know, some racers moan about drifters. Some drifters moan about racers that moan about drifting, which is inherently hypocritical. The remaining 90% of people just don't care and do the thing that they enjoy.
Quote from AndroidXP :We already had very many interesting debates about whether drifting is faster than "gripping" and why "everybody hates drifters" - just one click on the search button away. You might want to read up on them to make yourself look less stupid.

Mentioning rally driving really shows that you have no idea, because the circumstances are vastly different than on a race track. On a loose surface, the reason of going sideways is that the profile of the tyre only really works in the longitudinal direction, by digging through the loose stuff (aided by heavy wheel spin) down to the hard ground. By that, you have vastly more longitudinal than lateral grip, so you actually go sideways to make the forward pull of the tyres drag you through the corner. This technique is obviously pointless on clean surfaces, like you find 99% on a race track. The only other reasons to not "grip" on tarmac is to navigate extremely tight hairpins where the wheelbase of the car already poses a problem, or where the benefit of keeping the revs and boost up overcome the slight loss in grip. And at last, in case of street cars (or badly tuned race cars) to overcome the built in understeering tendency, which is the reason for the often quoted advantage of drifting on mountain tracks.

Even if you chose to ignore the obvious and firmly believe that drifting is faster on the track (slight(!) four wheel drifting is indeed faster in certain circumstances, but not the show drifting you think of), over the length of a race, even if it is just one of the ridiculous 5 lappers, drifting is not faster because your tyres will be overheated after one lap.

We are saying exacly the same thing
Quote from keithano :MOST lfs tracks are tarmac, and if you can simply prove to me in any LFS car that drifting is faster than gripping.. or simply get a WR with your drifting or sliding techiques, then I will learn how to drift.

Cmon, not only you're real-life racer, I am also one. The drifting technique you said you used in karting is not so called drifting, it's just power-sliding.

karts dont count cause only 7-12 year olds drive them Also this is a Game so Drifting dont really benefit you but when racing on aston gp with fox i tend to "drift " quiet a bit when i use throttle but in the wise words of Jackie steward

" never use the throttle when turning a rear wheel drive car , only put your foot on if your gonna keep it on "

which is what i ( and most racers ) should live by
#38 - axus
Quote from ZzeCoOl :We are saying exacly the same thing

Nah, you're not saying it, even if you are maybe thinking it.

EDIT:
Quote from theirishnoob :" never use the throttle when turning a rear wheel drive car , only put your foot on if your gonna keep it on "

If you can't put your foot down and keep it down by 3/4 of the way through the corner, in a RWD car included, then your setup is rubbish or you can't handle the car. Jackie Stewart (it's Stewart) was referring to is people literally pumping the throttle out of the corner because they can't put it down smoothly. By the time you apex, you should already be using a bit of power, even if it's just enough to keep the car at constant speed.
Quote from keithano :MOST lfs tracks are tarmac, and if you can simply prove to me in any LFS car that drifting is faster than gripping.. or simply get a WR with your drifting or sliding techiques, then I will learn how to drift.

You are right and the evolution of the powersliding is drifting

ps :i never said that if you drift all the track you are faster
Quote from axus :Nah, you're not saying it, even if you are maybe thinking it.

Read more carefully

Take as a point that i like "racing" in your terms the same like drifting
Quote from theirishnoob :karts dont count cause only 7-12 year olds drive them Also this is a Game so Drifting dont really benefit you but when racing on aston gp with fox i tend to "drift " quiet a bit when i use throttle but in the wise words of Jackie steward

" never use the throttle when turning a rear wheel drive car , only put your foot on if your gonna keep it on "

Like the Great Ari Vatenen did in pikes pike colorado? Or are you saying that racing is only on tarmac?

International A kart isnt for 7-12 years old + kart is the greatest driving school for your lovely racers Nascar - F1 - Daytona - GTR (Grippers)
Man, someone delete this pointless and trolling thread.

Seems like someone has just joined the forum (maybe under an alias) to stir up the flaming hornets nest again
#43 - Tomi
Quote from ZzeCoOl :
Another example is WRC rally where they drift Every single one tight corner because its the fastest way to take the corner

Most of the time, they don't do it because it is the fastest way to take the corner, they mostly do it to have the car oriented toward the exit of the corner earlier and being able to floor it sooner.

If you look carefully, hillclimb drivers slide much less than rally driver. But hillclimb races are often done in the very same roads as the rally events and with the very same cars. So why do they slide less ? Because the hillclimb racers can learn the 5 minutes race course, have a few test runs before the actual race + a full bunch of marshalls to warn them if there is an unpredicted grip problem, so they prefer carrying more speed in the corners. The Rally drivers can't learn the whole 30 km of an SS and nobody will warn them if the stupid crowd throwed water or ice on the road. Rally deals a lot with having to predicate the road surface, so they put the car in a slightly slower controlled slide because it is safer than being catched by a sudden understeer when a tire find a damp patch.
Quote from andybarsblade :why do drifters keep making pointless post's about drifting and why its harder to do than just race. look at all the wr replays show me one (not rally) thats done buy drifting! fact is you drift because you cant drive fast.

Yes, true, I can't drive really fast, but on the other hand, I can't drift good too. So.. maybe I should quit playing S2?:P
#46 - Jakg
Quote from theirishnoob :karts dont count cause only 7-12 year olds drive them

look - this is TWICE you've shown you have NO knowledge of karting, so PLEASE just stfu about it.

I Kart, and yet i'm 15, and several members (Leifde springs to mind) have their own karts and their not in the 7-12 range.
Quote from Tomi :Most of the time, they don't do it because it is the fastest way to take the corner, they mostly do it to have the car oriented toward the exit of the corner earlier and being able to floor it sooner.

Isnt this faster? Sry but dont play the fool

What a moron
Quote from mixer13134 :Yes, true, I can't drive really fast, but on the other hand, I can't drift good too. So.. maybe I should quit playing S2?:P

Theres only one place for people like you... Cruise servers

Quote :
Point me where exacly do i sound as an idiot?

Quote :You are right and the evolution of the powersliding is drifting

*points*

Evolution? Powesliding is similar to the "power over" style of drifting yes, but they are not related.
Quote from VTiRoj :Theres only one place for people like you... Cruise servers

*points*

Evolution? Powesliding is similar to the "power over" style of drifting yes, but they are not related.

This isnt stupid friend we are messing with "techniques" and "dynamic force efects" try to find the difference

Hint : Drifting is a set of techniques to overboost the efect of powersliding

Who sounds idiot now?
Quote from VTiRoj :Theres only one place for people like you... Cruise servers

Naah, cruise servers are boring. I like to race but I'm not fast, I like to drift, but I'm not good. So I still do them both.:P
This thread is closed

Ones and for all about drifting
(68 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG