The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
Obscure/hide/protect Host password field
My second simple suggestion of the day. Those of us who are server admins and/or drive on private servers that require passwords will have an entry in the "Host password" field when connecting to most servers. If you're showing LFS off to a group of friends or family it can be quite annoying to have to either remove the password or have the chance of them seeing it. As we're probably all familiar with, most password fields on the Internet do not show the actual password, they merely display asterisks in place of each character.
Would make sense. Or at least allow it be toggleable. It is useful to know if you've misspelt the password.
#3 - Davo
+1 for hidden password
+1 My friends at school try stealing the admin password by lookin over my shoulder when we play LAN in school.
Damn, that school sounds like fun!
Do I dare to bump this?

I remember watching some stream where the commentator had to switch servers during broadcast. I guess it does not really matter if he entered the user or admin password, point is everyone could see the password via the stream.

:shhh:

I believe it was stream covering a MOE or ESL race.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :it is, although its a wreckers paradise

how u know? lol

anyway, i support this one
#9 - Jakg
because i used to run LFS at School, thats how!
Invisible server passwords...
I think we need a "******" instead of visible letters for server passwords, there's no reason for that to be visible, some friend of mine can see my admin pass, or i may be using the same pass for LFS admining, forum login, etc.. it should be confidential..
Ah, OK, sorry, i searched...
Merged.
If it's really important to you to hide the password you should be able to do so by changing the interface colours. I suppose the idea is to match the background colour with the text colour. I'm not sure exactly which sliders you have to modify, but I know it can be done.

Mika did this in the 24h event held recently.
+1 for hidden password.
Yes, very logical suggestion.
Star Out Password on Join Host Screen
Noticed this last night again when the TDRT races were streamed.

Every time the broadcaster disconnected, the server pass was there for all to see in the stream. This has happened before on a few other streamed races.

With more and more races being streamed, I think that starring out the password box (or at least having the option to) would be a valid improvement.
+1
Quote from Bean0 :Noticed this last night again when the TDRT races were streamed.

Every time the broadcaster disconnected, the server pass was there for all to see in the stream. This has happened before on a few other streamed races.

With more and more races being streamed, I think that starring out the password box (or at least having the option to) would be a valid improvement.

Im with you on this one
so +1 from me.
I think a tick box/"hide password" option at the side of the box would be the best option.
It's done in the LFS Username password entry box, so it should be done for the server password box too. Maybe it could show up in plain text if you click to edit it then?

+1 anyway
I did search, I promise
+1
Quote from Bean0 :I did search, I promise

I probably should have used the word "star" in my original thread (I thought I had so it took me a couple of searches to find my own thread!). It's just disappointing to look at the date on my original thread (~2 and a half years ago now) and to see the problem still exists. It would literally take Scawen a minute or two to fix this issue and it could be included in the next patch (or test patch).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG