The online racing simulator
Quote from amp88 :I probably should have used the word "star" in my original thread (I thought I had so it took me a couple of searches to find my own thread!). It's just disappointing to look at the date on my original thread (~2 and a half years ago now) and to see the problem still exists. It would literally take Scawen a minute or two to fix this issue and it could be included in the next patch (or test patch).

I wonder how many problems there are that would take "just a minute" to fix. Probably hundreds. Clearly all he needs is 3 hours to fix all our problems.
Quote from pik_d :I wonder how many problems there are that would take "just a minute" to fix. Probably hundreds. Clearly all he needs is 3 hours to fix all our problems.

I would rather have 50 bug fixes than the Scirocco but that's another discussion

When you're programming sometimes you have to spend time thinking about a solution to a problem. While you're thinking about it you can do other things that don't need as much concentration or brain power. As has been mentioned there is already an obscured field for the "GAME password" when unlocking, so it's not as though Scawen is going to have to create new code and debug it. That code could be reused in the host password field and it's done. One bug off the list in a few minutes work.
I think I have to add my +1 to the debate.
Doesn't bother me, as nobody sees my screen but me and the gf. And I'm pretty sure that anyone worried about password security would edit the password entry out of the video. But I guess it would make some kind of sense from a "we must hide everything from the people around us" security perspective
Quote from Dajmin :I think I have to add my +1 to the debate.
Doesn't bother me, as nobody sees my screen but me and the gf. And I'm pretty sure that anyone worried about password security would edit the password entry out of the video. But I guess it would make some kind of sense from a "we must hide everything from the people around us" security perspective

Can't really be done when the thing is being broadcasted live.
Sure it can. Start the broadcast once you're on the server.
We don't see the drivers parking their cars and hiding their number plates before an F1 race
In the heat of battle (server disconnection/technical issue (like a problem with the VNC client/server)) or just sheer lateness can expose the password on air. It's happened before during MoE because of the above.
Quote from Dajmin :Sure it can. Start the broadcast once you're on the server.
We don't see the drivers parking their cars and hiding their number plates before an F1 race

Re-read my OP

When the broadcaster disconnects, all he wants to do is bash the reconnect button as quick as he can. The pass is exposed.
Quote from amp88 :I would rather have 50 bug fixes than the Scirocco but that's another discussion

When you're programming sometimes you have to spend time thinking about a solution to a problem. While you're thinking about it you can do other things that don't need as much concentration or brain power. As has been mentioned there is already an obscured field for the "GAME password" when unlocking, so it's not as though Scawen is going to have to create new code and debug it. That code could be reused in the host password field and it's done. One bug off the list in a few minutes work.

I was poking a bit of fun at you and all the other people who have "few minute bugfixes", simply because there are so many of them. It's a good idea and probably wouldn't take long to do this one thing, but the mindset of "oh, if Scawen would just take 3 minutes to fix this bug I care about" is a bit humorous given how many times over it happens.

Quote from Dajmin :Sure it can. Start the broadcast once you're on the server.

It actually happened with the final race of the Danish TRDT Race League where the person streaming disconnected a few times. We could all see the password box as LFS took its sweet time to reconnect.
Quote from pik_d :I was poking a bit of fun at you and all the other people who have "few minute bugfixes", simply because there are so many of them. It's a good idea and probably wouldn't take long to do this one thing, but the mindset of "oh, if Scawen would just take 3 minutes to fix this bug I care about" is a bit humorous given how many times over it happens.

It's true though. This issue was reported about 2 and a half years ago. I'm not saying every single 'little' problem should be fixed right this minute, but they should be added to a list and ticked off periodically.
sorry to bumb but +1 as i stream every other day

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG