The online racing simulator
Confidence question
(47 posts, started )
Just get in a drive the bloody thing, it's only a game at the end of the day.
Go to an carparkserver... and Crash for your life...till your feeling about crashing is over
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Go to an carparkserver... and Crash for your life...till your feeling about crashing is over

it is a game. no matter if you are good or not, just have fun. if you don't have fun, play something else ...
Yep...But anyways..have fun with crashing :P
suggestion
Hi, here is something to try that I have done recently. It helped me see where I can stand to get a lot better at racing.

Try 20 laps of fern bay green reverse XFG in solo mode. The goal is to finish in less than 30 minutes. There is a good set at team inferno site: http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

In theory this is not a very hard challenge. In practise, staying that focused for 30 minutes straight was very hard for me and showed me that I try way too hard to go fast. Being quick is more about not screwing up I think!

My times went like this:
30:16.77
30:06.61
30:01.97 doh!
29:52.95

That's it for my idea! Hope it helps you and good luck in LFS. Hope to meet you online soon
I get nervous for league races before they start as the mean something (points for myself/team) but pick up and play racing i have no problem with. The only real way to get over it is to go and race. As suggested join the back of the grid, until you feel confident about getting round the track without crashing at every corner then get into racing people.
Racing side by side with someone you dont know is difficult at times as you dont know how they will react or cope but usually it works out
There very few things you need to know for pick up and play racing, major ones i can think of are - If you get a blue flag do move out the way, try not to cause any accidents but if you do - apologise for causing the accident and finally forgive those who cause accidents (except wreckers who deserve to be banned)
Quote from IceMan31x :Look m8 NO ONE.... and i mean NO one puts there pants on in a special way, we ALL get nervous, we are all the same. What you are afraid of is the unknown, the only way to get used to the racing is race.. If you worry about the crashes or your afraid to crash someone out, your going to crash them out. All of your concentration will be applied to the fact that you dont want to crash. Relax, Chill out, and just race with only the thought of racing, youll do just fine i promise. If you want help with sets or just some encouragement then come search me (iceman31x) Good LUCK

i agree everyones nervous weather thy show it or not but at the end of the day you gota race , im eazly the slowest racer here bu atlast i try
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I want to get back racing, but don't feel confident. Is there a way I can feel more confident?

DK

Having confidence is nothing more than having a strong recollection of your previous successes. So:

Get onto the grid
The longer you prevaricate, the harder it will become

Know that you are there because you can drive
You have a right to be on the grid no matter how others may percieve your skill level. You may have to renogotiate your own expectations: you're not there to break records, you're not there to win, but you are there to race to the best of your potential. With this in mind, starting at the back and finishing a few places up is going to reinforce your feeling of having succeeded, and therefore your confidence.

Turn off the chat
There is never anything worthwhile said on the chat channel in any case. Its a distraction, but at worst it can sap your confidence if some kid from Nowheresville is telling you that "You're in my way, dude". Screw him. If he can't get past without shouting or tooting his horn, he's not a racer. You are.

Go when the lights turn green
I have only recently become slightly more comfortable "not" being at the back of the pack. I'm a fairly new racer and if I found myself with someone faster behind me I would normally push to hard and fly off the track :P

Getting more confident now though, unlike you never had the problem of getting into races just fighting for a position cleanly.
i say drive at your own pace , f*** who's behind ya ( mainly niko ) let em bitch all day ( once its not a blue flag )
Good advice from most people
Get out there and just do it being the best.
Know your limits, I quite often pull to the side at the start if I know theres loads of guys faster than me. Sometimes I just get a feeling that I need to be at the back of the pack come t1.
If you find yourself on a server full of racers much, much faster than you, find another server, what you are after is people just a bit faster than you.
Its no fun lapping on your own.
Good luck! Just do it!
Quote from originalau :I have only recently become slightly more comfortable "not" being at the back of the pack. I'm a fairly new racer and if I found myself with someone faster behind me I would normally push to hard and fly off the track :P

Getting more confident now though, unlike you never had the problem of getting into races just fighting for a position cleanly.

I used to find myself doing that, when people were behind me, looking too much in my mirrors instead of in front of me, and incidentally go off the track. I think the time when I finally lost that trait and started to drive my own race was in STCC Round 2 when I passed Hannu for the lead, I realized that I just needed to drive my own race and things would work out for me. That's the advice I've really carried from that point onwards, and it's done tons for me.
I do know how you feel Recently i made a few drastic changes to some view options and now seem to be alot slower even thou it suits me more . So today I was racing on the silver ctra (spelling :P) server and after a accidental wreck (no idea where he came from :P ) i was advised by some racer to get it back together as ppl are noticing that lately my driving wasnt to great (no offence to You ,and thank you for the info :P) . So now I lost my confidence cause of the fear that i'll wreck somebody and loose my license :/ So now i tend to start last and just follow the pack arround and somehow cant force myself to start overtaking ppl :/
The thing I still get a bit cautious of now days is when your doing 140 down a straight and your less than a meter from the car infront. You dont know when that person is going to brake. You know were you are but not them, they could brake much earlier. Other than that (for me) it was just a case of getting onto the servers, and just going for it. I've learnt you cant (And wont) win a race at T1, usualy I would try and brake late, take a awkward angle and get in a position, now I just take it as it is, if im next to people, there we go, just coast it around at a safe speed.

Its just a case of experimenting dude. The more you try stuff, the more confidence you will have.
i know how you feel aswell. i had a short break from LFS then when i decided to start racing again i joined a server and got plowed into on T1 now i just don't feel comfortable starting from anywhere but the back and making my way through the field, and i just don't know how to get my confidence back
Im clad i found thread as my confidence has completely gone with driving, i use to enjoy racing the fast guys and was always eager to learn, Since i moved into my new flat about 6months ago i just have not bean able to enjoy lfs and when i do race i end up getting taken out or out braking my self and crashing which knocks my confidence even more, and i seem reel nervous and tense i cant lighten up and enjoy it. Having a thew drinks usually leads to getting drunk so that don't work for me. I try and leave lfs alone but am addicted to it. Any suggestions

P.S THE SEARCH BAR WORKS WELL
#43 - CSU1
Quote from jjones : Having a thew drinks usually leads to getting drunk so that don't work for me. I try and leave lfs alone but am addicted to it. Any suggestions

P.S THE SEARCH BAR WORKS WELL

O know how ya feel ...take a few months off away from it...you'll enjoy it more after a rest. tis what im doing for a while(after two years/two jobs non.stop )
Quote from CSU1 :O know how ya feel ...take a few months off away from it...you'll enjoy it more after a rest. tis what im doing for a while(after two years/two jobs non.stop )

Ill try m8, cheers.

Being a unemployed bum don't help matters, i need to get of my ars and get a job. DAMM
I always help myself with telling the server "it's been a while". It has been a while, and I should stop saying it now. But now I raced a few nights in a row and I'm all back really. I think..
#46 - Gunn
"Why is one driver quicker than another? He's got more confidence. Sometimes he gets it by over-riding certain fears and getting away with it. That lures you on."
-Mario Andretti
#47 - CSU1
Quote from Gunn :"Why is one driver quicker than another? He's got more confidence. Sometimes he gets it by over-riding certain fears and getting away with it. That lures you on."
-Mario Andretti

"/or, he's just got a better rig"
-csu1-

Confidence question
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG