The online racing simulator
Kyoto ring is real, isn't it?
(17 posts, started )
Kyoto ring looks so real. I am Russian scientist and I lived in Kyoto for three years working on scientific project. I used to go outside Kyoto by bicycle. During three years I visited many places around Kyoto. When I've bought LFS I was so surprised when I found Kyoto ring. I was absolutely sure that it IS real Kyoto ring because the environments of Kyoto ring looks real in any sense. I am sure devs was in Kyoto or in Japan at least. That fog and hills (Kyoto is surrounded by six hills) are so realistic that I fill the same hot weather as before in Kyoto when I drive that track. In summer it is very humid and almost 40 degree C.

And the point is I don't need real tracks. The Kyoto ring is more realistic then other real tracks when I've never been.
#2 - Dumpy
Completely subjective question. Define real?
#3 - DrDNA
Real as in a track that exists in the real world, which it doesn't. Still interesting to know that it captures the environment properly .
#4 - evans
Quote from DrDNA :Real as in a track that exists in the real world, which it doesn't. Still interesting to know that it captures the environment properly .

He just said that the Kyoto Ring exists in reality.
#5 - DeKo
Quote from evans :He just said that the Kyoto Ring exists in reality.

No he didnt, he said kyoto exists, not the track.

Glad to know the environment is spot on though, Just shows how much thought is put in when creating a track.
the n00b already startes a thread about this, well it was partialy on the same line
I dont think our Kyoto Ring is real, but I have to say, I wouldnt be suprised to see some Japanese track designers asking for permission to use the track in Kyoto for real. Its one of the nicest tracks in LFS IMO. Fern Bay comes close, but Kyoto take the cake (or tofu? I prefer pizza myself but you know ).
Quote from VTiRoj :I dont think our Kyoto Ring is real, but I have to say, I wouldnt be suprised to see some Japanese track designers asking for permission to use the track in Kyoto for real. Its one of the nicest tracks in LFS IMO. Fern Bay comes close, but Kyoto take the cake (or tofu? I prefer pizza myself but you know ).

PIZZA over CAKE?? Nutter
-
(GeForz) DELETED by GeForz
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
Quote from GeForz :Looks like something for horses! ^^

Nice call.
Quote from VTiRoj :I dont think our Kyoto Ring is real, but I have to say, I wouldnt be suprised to see some Japanese track designers asking for permission to use the track in Kyoto for real.

or Japanese and German lawyers saying it's a rip-off from Suzuka/Lausitzring

KY Nat is still best track though.
Quote from MyBoss :PIZZA over CAKE?? Nutter

Quote :or Japanese and German lawyers saying it's a rip-off from Suzuka/Lausitzring

Or any other roval's lawyers.
obviously, This track is modeled after the Twin Ring Motegi Race track in japan, which also has an oval style course, and some different layouts that you can race. Now, I'm not saying that it's modeled as in "GPS- modeled"
but rather a non real track loosely based on a simmilar real one in the same region.

PS: Motegi isn't all that great btw.

EDIT: Zdorovo, kak vashi dela? Menya zovut Maks, ne xotelos bi pouchastvovat v gonke protiv?

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG