The online racing simulator
Quote from Burnzoire :my vision of a new car class

That simple screen looks better than LFS's menu...

NNooooooo nevermind, I said nothing
btw the graphic was ripped off the lfs website, I just added some cars...

Quote from spanks :you forgot the lxgtr 8 thing :]

this topic is about a prototype car/class

I will eventually expand the car list as my own personal wishlist :P I already have an F06 there, but that's OT
i wonder how soon we could see that happening..
#80 - joen
it is a saleen :P just used as an example... the lfs version would look like a fat, sleek fzr I suppose.
Well, LFS would need to go with it
  • A FZ5 Turbo
  • FZ5 Turbo GTR
  • 2 new cars to be part of the new GTR1 class - like a Mazza MC12 and a Lister Storm
  • Three prototypes - an Audi R10 type one (and a closed proto) and a LMP2 type car.
That way there would be

P1 - The Audi R10 type car and the closed proto
P2 - The LMP2 type car
GTR1 - FTR and new car
GTR2 - FZR, FXR, XRR
GTR3 - UFR, XFR

5 class racing in LFS
pretty close to my proposal... but 3 protos is asking a bit much (even tho I agree on R10's). It's certainly a perfect addition to LFS, in one form or another.
Quote from Burnzoire :but 3 protos is asking a bit much (even tho I agree on R10's). It's certainly a perfect addition to LFS, in one form or another.

Maybe only 2, scrap one of the P1 cars - I'd like an open car and a closed car myself though
Quote from duke_toaster :

P1 - The Audi R10 type car and the closed proto
P2 - The LMP2 type car
GTR1 - FTR and new car
GTR2 - FZR, FXR, XRR
GTR3 - UFR, XFR

5 class racing in LFS

+1

it may just be me, but it seems like there is a lot of interest in multi-class racing lately, even though the current classes aren't really close enough to do it smoothly. there have been suggestions to try to create closer matched classes by using voluntary power restrictions on the big GTR's (300 vs 500 bhp), but even that would be less than ideal, because the other attributes (weight, downforce, braking, etc) should also be scaled to suit the car.

so i'd expect that having classes that are actually meant to be on track together would be great fun.
No, please, no! Not the Audi R10. I don't like diesel truck racing! Shouldn't be too much of a strain for the LFS sound engine though!!!!! How about the Peugeot, at least it sounds like a proper car and would satisfy the roof fans.

Mind you, having a closed proto would only be really worth it with rain, darkness and useless wipers!

Still vote for the Radical SR8 myself.
Closed proto = Air Conditioning! It gets hot when i drive so that's a plus!

Yeah, R10 = bad for sim racing, the drivers can't hear the engine over wind noise above 3rd gear (shift only based off of shift lights)... its far too quiet, esp in sims where noise is a part that adds to the realism.
OK then, replace the R10 with an R8
Ferrari 333sp sound is unmatched imo. Plus, i believe, its a little more balanced sports car, whereas the bmw lmr was solely designed for the Long straitaways of le mans.
Saying the 333sp sound is unmatched is a flawed statement; various teams ran many different engines in it. Which one are you talking about? lol

I'd like to see the 05 Mazda rotary Courage. That thing was so loud it hurt (and we were a good 100 yards away, about 2 stories up the hill!). Now THAT would be cool

In all seriousness, though, I'd like a late 90s GT1 (Toyota GT-One, Porsche 911 GT1, and if Scawen can make cars take flight for no apparent reason, the Mercedes CLR ). I'd also like some ol' Group C cars (Nissan P35, Jaguar XJR-9, Porsche 962, etc etc etc) and a modern LMP, post 2006 (Zytek, Audi R8, BMW LMR, PANOZ!!!) and then a modern GTP car (2003 Bentley Speed 8. Not the Peugeot, though. It's hideous! :P )

I'd like to see all of those classes represented. If I had to pick one I'd say modern LMP since they just look like pure sex. Although, so did GT1s, GTPs and the ol Group C GTPs.... Now I don't know which I'd want.
Guys why are you being so specific? I totally expect any implementation, should we be so lucky, would be a fictional car. I understand that some people would prefer roof over open pit, but at the end of the day any prototype car would fill the void in LFS at the moment. Diesel, roof, lmp1, lmp2, r10, r8, radical, toyota, porsche, it doesn't matter! Anything eric would build would be a complete hybrid anyway, and tweaked to suit the sim, not a real-life counterpart.
If they could just make something that sounds like the 787b and blows my speakers out i'd be quite happy.

lol... had no idea people were running anything other than the V12 ferrari motor
Quote from Burnzoire :Guys why are you being so specific? I totally expect any implementation, should we be so lucky, would be a fictional car. I understand that some people would prefer roof over open pit, but at the end of the day any prototype car would fill the void in LFS at the moment. Diesel, roof, lmp1, lmp2, r10, r8, radical, toyota, porsche, it doesn't matter! Anything eric would build would be a complete hybrid anyway, and tweaked to suit the sim, not a real-life counterpart.

What he said.
Quote from srdsprinter :Closed proto = Air Conditioning! It gets hot when i drive so that's a plus!

Yeah, R10 = bad for sim racing, the drivers can't hear the engine over wind noise above 3rd gear (shift only based off of shift lights)... its far too quiet, esp in sims where noise is a part that adds to the realism.

yeah but its with all diesel prototypes.... i have heard that the new peugeot is less noisy than the r10....
If you look for videos on youtube or google, it actually seems noisier. Most comments I've read on racing forums would also support this. But hey, we're talking about a virtual world, so we can make it sound how we like. Did I mention a V12 non-turbo petrol?
hmm... that's the opposite of what i've heard as well. interesting, i thought it was a much louder version, and that it rev'd to something unheard of for a diesel. :/
The Pug is indeed louder than the R10, it actually makes noise louder than the sound of the tires rolling. I'm not sure how it compares to other Protos as I've not heard it myself (not having to see it on track is a privelage us North Americans have. LOL.. i kid i kid...).

I gotta think that it has to be one of the most uncomfortable cars to drive. Your shoulder is under the top of the sidepod. Literally there is an overlap there. That has to be so awkward. Not to mention getting in and out must be a royal PIA.
And from the on-board shots the view out the front is like looking out of a long dark tunnel! Wouldn't fancy it on South City!

24h Le Mans special car for LFS
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG