The online racing simulator
24h Le Mans special car for LFS
Hi, I know, there were some ideas about that, but not in one thread I hope

I thing that this type of car is absolutelly beautifull. I can think about racing with that car, fast, nice, elegant and many more....
Think about it

Something like this:

http://www.bmwinfo.com/0538.jpg
http://www.audiplanet.com/euim ... udi_R10_Sebring_front.jpg
http://www.automotoportal.com/ ... ges/vijesti/061002004.jpg
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur. ... 32-mg-le-mans-success.jpg

What do u think ? I can really imagin it in LFS...
It would be cool, but we don't have tracks for it.
Quote from Kid222 :It would be cool, but we don't have tracks for it.

What kind of track do you want?
It would be cool to drive such a car anywhere!

It would be good fun at Aston or Fern Bay, Westhill would be a blast, Kyoto would be good, Blackwood a bit of fun and rather interesting at SO.

Some of aston tracks and westhill would be suitable.

As for an LMP +1000000 from me. Especially now we have 32 slot servers could run proper le mans of lmp and gt class.

I think it isnt a big problem, u mean we need longer tracks or some other type ?

I thing we can use this car like GTR (thats mean same tracks like for GTR class) but littlebit faster etc.
Quote from Spangler_CZE :I thing we can use this car like GTR (thats mean same tracks like for GTR class) but littlebit faster etc.

Nah, it's like a bit faster FO8 with closed wheels.
Oh, you mean something like these

Those were cool cars to see yesterday, and very loud ones too.
Attached images
P4290237 (Medium).JPG
P4290230 (Medium).JPG
P4290229 (Medium).JPG
Quote from duke_toaster :Nah, it's like a bit faster FO8 with closed wheels.

ok, no matter, anyway I think we have tracks for it... we can drive bf1 @ fe club so why not Le Mans cars on some other tracks

Quote from XCNuse :Oh, you mean something like these
Those were cool cars to see yesterday, and very loud ones too.

Yes ! nice babies
Any type of LMP or LMGTP will do xD

I looooove them
Quote from Spangler_CZE :I think it isnt a big problem, u mean we need longer tracks or some other type ?

Exactly, Aston, Westhill or Kyoto isn't just enough. That's imo only disadvantage of LFS, lack of tracks.
Quote from Kid222 :Exactly, Aston, Westhill or Kyoto isn't just enough. That's imo only disadvantage of LFS, lack of tracks.

and what about BL and FE for ex. Black ? We can drive GTRs or BMW Sauber on it, so why not LM cars ?
I think in LfS i must give an PaceCar
Quote from Spangler_CZE :and what about BL and FE for ex. Black ? We can drive GTRs or BMW Sauber on it, so why not LM cars ?

But tell me, who's driving with BF1 on public servers? Noone. Only oval drivers.
Quote from Kid222 :But tell me, who's driving with BF1 on public servers? Noone. Only oval drivers.

yes, but it isnt problem of track or car, but problem of skills I thing... LM cars can be easier than Sauber...
Maybe something like a Radical SR8 would be a good starting place. One step down from an LMP2 car.

http://www.radicalsportscars.co.uk/range/sr8/sr8.php

If Martin Short reckons it's the best handling car he's driven it must be pretty good. Decent amount of power without being beyond the skills the averagely talented driver. I'm sure Radical wouldn't mind cooperating.
Quote from Hammerdown :Maybe something like a Radical SR8 would be a good starting place. One step down from an LMP2 car.

I thought some Radical SR8s WERE LMP2 cars. One came 20th overall in LM24 Last year.

In addition, maybe a VdeV/Britsport type of car ...

[OT]
It's quite frankly stupid that the ACO insist on putting tinyer and tinyer holes in to air restrictors for LMP2s. Just give them bigger holes and merge them with the LMP1s to form a unified LMP class. It will give the smaller teams a chance to go against the bigger guys - for that matter it would make it easier for fans.

VdeV and Britsports type cars as an LMP3 could also be a good idea, bringing prototypes to national championships. If there were to be prototypes (even LMP3) in national championships like British GT it would be good, the name "Le Mans" makes people think it's important.

Merging the FIA GT championship with the LMES would be good as a whole, the GT regulations would need to be sorted out. I personally think that cars that comply with either set of rules should be allowed, going over to the FIA rules eventually. IIRC all ACO cars can do FIA, but the Maserati MC 12 is too big for ACO.
[/ot]
Not very realistic, but what would be fun would be 24hr in a MRT round SO Classic!!

Would be tiring though, even for just 1/2 hour.
Yes yes yes yes!

That 908 is gorgeous I would love to skin it, and taking it for a spin at Aston could be like heaven
+11111.

Great idea, i'd love to drive a car like this. But, maybe wait until they bring in the new rule of having a roof on the cars, is that in 2010 or something?
Only if they come without TC

They need to sound right too, the current LFS sounds wouldn't do justice to such a beautiful machine!
Quote from duke_toaster :

I thought some Radical SR8s WERE LMP2 cars. One came 20th overall in LM24 Last year.[/ot]

That would have been the SR9 LMP2 - full carbon chassis, 3.4-litre 550hp Judd V8, carbon brakes. SR8 is an "LMP3", spaceframe with a 2.6-litre motorcyle-derived V8 (twin Hayabusa blocks and heads on a Protec bottom end).
Quote from Eldanor :Yes yes yes yes!

That 908 is gorgeous I would love to skin it, and taking it for a spin at Aston could be like heaven

Oh God... IMHO the 908 is the ugliest thing to hit sportscar racing since the Chaparral 2J. And at least the 2J was innovative, the 908 is just ugly. hahaha

Major +1 from me (as long as it doesn't look like a 908). I'm quite partial to the Zytek, Lister, Courage LC70, Audi R8, BMW LMR.... well, basically all of them except some of the lolas and the Peugeot. I'd especially like something akin to the 2003 Bentley Speed 8, or the 01-02 EXP Speed 8. Now those were sexy.

I'd say I'd rather have a later 80s-early 90s Group C racer like the Jaguar XJR-9 or the Porsche 962, but I think they'd just be so hard to drive that they'd be rarer than the FZ50, RAC and BF1 sadly. Too bad since they are so beautiful (Group C cars :P).
+1

And yes, would need proper tracks to along with them.

24h Le Mans special car for LFS
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG