The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )
In w32 and w33, I have smoke-bug:

Patch W:

Patch W33:

What is this green smoke?
I have GeForce 7600 GS, my driver 93.71.
Sorry for my English
Attached images
smoge.jpg
smoke.jpg
Quote from DawidNeo :In w32 and w33, I have smoke-bug:
What is this green smoke?
I have GeForce 7600 GS, my driver 93.71.
Sorry for my English

Check if you have 16-bit colors on. If you do, change to 32-bit.
I just had to reactivate my copy of windows, so the problem is probably related... So... after activating windows and restarting, i updated from patch w32 to 33 and i noticed i had to unlock. I'd enter in my username and password and when i clicked to unlock, it said "unknown command" or something along those lines. I then purposely typed in the incorrect password and it told me my password didnt match for that username... So i rolled back to patch w, and i was able to unlock. then i just installed patch w33... things seem okay now. I apologize if this has already been covered.
Quote from BBO@BSR :The 2nd link from the first post doesn't work (for me) anymore...

Thanks, I've fixed the link

Quote from cool_big_andy :whats with the BHM skin setting for the FXO and FXR? I can only see a white skin.

The skins will be supplied in the real patch. I've put the colour configs in already so I don't forget them. There's a lot to think about and I don't want to make any mistakes.

Quote from Gender_Bender :I'll try it to explain, what Pioneer_Pixel means, but my english isn't perfect too ;-)

Now driver 2 changes the set back to the right settings he like to drive and do another pitstop, so LFS changes the settings back. From now on driver 2 can do so many pitstops he want - till the time, the next driver + car setting changes comes.

OK, thanks for the description, I'll try to reproduce this on a two player setup.

Quote from Gabkicks :...and when i clicked to unlock, it said "unknown command" or something along those lines.

My fault, I forgot to put the new exe on the master server. W33 unlocking will work now.
Quote from 510N3D :dont know if this has been mentioned before, theres a bug(?) in the chat where not the hole text will be displayed. In the picture you can see i have typed 3 times a-z and my mate Blaster showed what he can see.

That's because when he pressed T, then UP, your name is displayed in front, wich uses characters as well, so LFS basically cuts off the last characters of your text. To me this is normal as there is a character limit.
I'm almost sure he sees what you typed though, so there's no problem. It just got cut off quoting you.
Replay function from main menu won't work in W33
Hi Scawen,

I just recognized that the replay function in W33 won't work anymore.
I tried to watch a saved hotlap from version W17 and W32 but both could'nt be opened in W33.
So I saved a new one with W33 and it can't be replayed aswell.
Good news is that all of them can still be viewed in W32.

Should be easy to find as it can be easyly reproduced ;-)
Quote from Scawen : Can now save MPR from dedicated host (auto or manual)

scawen thanks for this. and sorry for the 2-10000 e-mails about it ;-)
Quote from Scawen :
Well, AI is next thing to be worked on after patch X is released. It will take some weeks, I can't really do anything very quickly. However, W32 was supposed to make it that any AI who can't reset, do try to drive away without resetting. I'm interested in situations where that is not working.

I don't have any screenshots or replays, but here are the problems I've seen:

a) (especially in South City) AI who can't reset try to drive away into oncoming traffic. This causes an accident, so now two cars are trying to drive away into traffic, 2+2=4 and so on.

b) sometimes they will just sit facing the side burning their tires off

c) sometimes they will just go back and forth, but never manage to actually move more than a few feet.

d) in South City, try and drive down blocked off roads, managing to just get far enough away from traffic to sit there and do nothing. After a race will end, I can drive back through the track and see them sitting there doing nothing. A little friendly "pursuasion" (ramming) to get them facing the right way will only result in them backing up and moving right back into the same spot, putting it in 1st gear and doing nothing again.

Its like the AI have an idea of exactly where they want to go on the map, but dont realize what is in their way.

As to resets in general, it would be nice that if all the cars nearby (ie, stuck AI) are not moving, or moving under 5 mph, to allow reset without the "will cause yellow flag" or "may hit cars". If the cars nearby aren't moving, what harm could a reset do? Besides, if my being stuck is whats preventing the AI from moving, then it would unstick the jam. Just a thought.
Quote from Hutschibutschi :Hi Scawen,

I tried to watch a saved hotlap from version W17 and W32 but both could'nt be opened in W33.
So I saved a new one with W33 and it can't be replayed aswell.
Good news is that all of them can still be viewed in W32.

Should be easy to find as it can be easyly reproduced ;-)

same here!
Quote from Gender_Bender :Hi!

I'll try it to explain, what Pioneer_Pixel means, but my english isn't perfect too ;-)

Thanks for the description. It's now fixed in my version, so the pit instructions are now a copy of the current setup when you take over the car. That means, if player B doesn't make any changes while driving, the settings will stay the same as they are when he originally took over the car from player A, and any changes he does make will be as expected. Previously, the "Pit instructions setup" was not updated to the new settings so some previous settings remained in there, which was confusing.

Quote from Hutschibutschi :Hi Scawen,

Just confirming I've fixed this hotlap replay bug too, so you'll get the fix in today's version.
Quote from Scawen :I don't think I ever knew that hotlaps were saved if you went into the garage. Maybe that was a bug. I guess it would be an ok option though, if replay saving is set to fully auto save - saved under the same conditions as when a replay is saved if you restart race? I guess that's what you mean?

I wonder if the auto saving condition is correct? Maybe it should only auto save replays if at least one lap is completed, or maybe if a race is completed (if it's a race) or one hot lap is completed (if it's a hotlap).

I'm just trying to think how to prevent every quick restart being saved as a replay. Though I say this without even looking at the existing conditions for auto save - it's a long time since I've thought about that.

Thanks for getting back Scawen.

Yes since I've been playing LFS I haven't really bothered to press 1 or 2 to save as auto save always kicked in when I went to garage or left the server, this is now not working still on latest patch and autosave enabled on both single and multi (although I've only tested this on hotlaps at the moment).

I think pherhaps, what would be good, is if you are leaving the server (multi) or track (single) then a box would come up saying "The current replay is not saved, would you like to save it YES or NO"? This box could be turned on by default but turned off in the menus for the guys who will obviously complain about a box popping up when they are leaving.

Or of course the auto save system just auto saving whenever a 'event' occurs. By event I mean, Garage, Leave Server, Lag Out etc would be good also.
Quote from hackerx :Here's a little toy to test the new button interface.

Put this exe into main LFS directory, then type into LFS commands:
/insim 29999
/exec names
or
/exec names localhost 29999 <password>
if you have admin password set.

Now when switching view to other cars with TAB key, player name is shown on top of screen.

If you don't mind, am I able to put this zip file on a forum I belong to? Proper credit will be given of course. Just thought I'd ask you before posting it. I for 1 like it coz when going through the cars it's nice to see who you're watching.
I guess you can do whatever you want with this little demo. If all goes well this show names thing will be one of functions of InSim helper program I'm currently working on.
Quote from russraine :Yes since I've been playing LFS I haven't really bothered to press 1 or 2 to save as auto save always kicked in when I went to garage or left the server, this is now not working still on latest patch and autosave enabled on both single and multi (although I've only tested this on hotlaps at the moment).

I've been trying to understand what could have changed.

I cannot find any reference at all in the old code, that a replay was saved when you went to the garage.

I've also loaded the old patch W and driven around a bit, then gone to the garage... as expected, no replay was auto saved. So I'm confused, I can't reproduce what you said it used to do. I've only tried in patch W.

What I've thought it always did (if auto save is on) is : save the replay if you restart or exit. I've never heard of it saving when you went to the pits or garage, until you told me that's what it used to do. Which version can you reproduce that in, and what method did you use to go to the pits?
Quote from SamH :What would be bliss would be either
/autosave 2
/mprdir ctra2a

or even
/autosave mprdir

I do like the second one you suggested.

It does take away that /autosave=1 ability to have a replay recording but not saved in the end unless someone types /save_mpr replay_name

But how many people would really want it recording replays but not saving them? If everyone would really want /autosave=2 anyway then I might as well make it less confusing and simply /autosave=mpr_folder
Please do not remove the ability to save 'some' replays manually (autosave=1). I do not have enough free space to save everything but i'd still like to be able to save 'some' replays without having to remember to turn the autosaving on (and off).

I don't think having 3 options for the remote saving of mprs is more confusing than for example the /start= setting.
all right i've just added to /mprdir=x command (command line + command file only).

going to upload the new version soon. it's incompatible so hosts will need to upgrade.
Quote from Scawen :I've been trying to understand what could have changed.

I cannot find any reference at all in the old code, that a replay was saved when you went to the garage.

I've also loaded the old patch W and driven around a bit, then gone to the garage... as expected, no replay was auto saved. So I'm confused, I can't reproduce what you said it used to do. I've only tried in patch W.

What I've thought it always did (if auto save is on) is : save the replay if you restart or exit. I've never heard of it saving when you went to the pits or garage, until you told me that's what it used to do. Which version can you reproduce that in, and what method did you use to go to the pits?

Hi.

Well it was on all LFS versions up to now basically, after doing some hotlapping I'd pull over, press the escape button and click to go to garage and it would auto save (with the message at the top). I don't think I imagined it for all this time, but you're making me worried now, I do hotlapping all the time for OLFSL and am sure I haven't been pressing 1 all this time

If anyone else is running older LFS versions can you test this.

I guess having autosave to be able to do this on garage would be helpful too, if, I am imaginging it all this time.
OK everyone, thanks for the W33 feedback. I've uploaded the incompatible W34 update :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25054

Changes in TEST PATCH W34 :

Qualifying outlap is no longer added to qualifying table
MPR file format : result times now saved in milliseconds
Removed "unknown finisher" and its stats / insim issues
Command /mprdir to specify mpr folder on dedicated host

FIX : Pit instructions were wrong when taking over a car
FIX : Long messages could sometimes get cut short
FIX : W33 bug - could not play hotlap replays
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )