The online racing simulator
MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ATHome :By the way: Some of you might have the missing dll already in their windows\system32 folder, its just not registered...

To do so:

Start
Run

and then type in (or copy from my reply)

regsvr32 %systemroot%\System32\MSSTDFMT.dll

I owe you man! Thank you! Fixed out all versions for me... (i think)
And thank you Fonny. Great work.
0.4 - apply button does not work.
0.5 - no car found.
0.1,0.2 - works fine just cant save presets.
Had a clean install for LFS, P02 and P05 working, P04 not (apply button). LFS in demo (don't want to use unlock as the things are improving all the time, maybe a P12 when it's officially released) LFS version is that 0.5P.

Also if you set redline too high, LFS will crash. Are there some limits for these? Also putting a letter (my mistake ) crashes mecanik.

I'll doubledouble check these...

EDIT. nothing...
P05 working here, but only with the original LFS version 0.5P. Any other LFS version (also the one supplied in the package) isn't working (car not found).
Quote from Hyperactive :(don't want to use unlock as the things are improving all the time, maybe a P12 when it's officially released)

OT: updating does not lock your copy of LFS... I have unlocked S2 the day it came out and never again...
Quote from Chaos :OT: updating does not lock your copy of LFS... I have unlocked S2 the day it came out and never again...

I just want to have two separate LFS directories. One for mods and stuff like mecanik and slickmod. The other one is just pure racing simulatah! So if I want to use all S2 cars in both I have to unlock both

And too high redline will crash LFS, tested
I can't see why you wouldn't unlock both of them? I have two LFS directories, fresh install with Mecanik, and the one I use online (P10 patch). Both S2 activated. Can't see what's the big issue about it.
Hi i tried this app on my pc and i get this error, but i tried it on a friends pc and it was perfect, i loved it. Can annybody help me out of this problem. I have tried the run commands and did not help me.

Run-time error '339': Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Quote from Letin-Klanen :Hi i tried this app on my pc and i get this error, but i tried it on a friends pc and it was perfect, i loved it. Can annybody healp me out of this problem. I have tried the run commands and did not healp me.

Run-time error '339': Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Bare å laste ned comdlg32.ocx og slenge den i \windows\system32
Thanks for the help Lautsprecher, now i can tweak the cars and have more fun. Tusen takk

PS: it was my bro =P
Lol!
Quote from Matrixi :I can't see why you wouldn't unlock both of them? I have two LFS directories, fresh install with Mecanik, and the one I use online (P10 patch). Both S2 activated. Can't see what's the big issue about it.

Well, I got bored tuning the demo cars so I unlocked it too. But if I recall right I need to unlock LFS every time it gets an update, not sure, my memory is not the best one. So if we get that P12 or something officially, I need to unlock my racing S2 and if mecanik gets a P12 compatible version, I need to update and unlock my tweaking S2 too. And I now have only 1 unlock left. What worries me is that my PBs will be ruined if I use this online
Quote from Hyperactive :But if I recall right I need to unlock LFS every time it gets an update, not sure, my memory is not the best one.

Bad memory! illepall

You dont have to unlock it every new patch. Soo.... No worries!
Pretty cool, got it working.

Anyone try to take the formula V8 around a turn at 300 MPH? The suspension gives and the wheels bend in.
Quote from Hyperactive :I just want to have two separate LFS directories. One for mods and stuff like mecanik and slickmod. The other one is just pure racing simulatah! So if I want to use all S2 cars in both I have to unlock both

just unlock one of them and copy the whole lfs folder ... itll stay unlocked
Hey guys

A little update..

I'm taking a few days to let things settle and let the REAL bugs come
through. I've started changing major things these past few days and
again, kinda went to big...i'll have to redo a few things completely,
simplifying the more i can. I'm redoing the LFS/CAR checks again,
also, i'm trying to limit the ressources it uses. I'm not the best programmer
out there, far from it, so my apps are far from optimized

To be honest, i'm wishing for an official patch now because all these
test patches are confusing the heck out of me. Funny how this used
to be the opposite, mods can make it hard for the devs to know if
it was trully and LFS bug, or some mod messing things up. Now it's
my turn to experience it

Gimme a few days and i'll post an update then.
Quote from Hyperactive :Well, I got bored tuning the demo cars so I unlocked it too. But if I recall right I need to unlock LFS every time it gets an update, not sure, my memory is not the best one. So if we get that P12 or something officially, I need to unlock my racing S2 and if mecanik gets a P12 compatible version, I need to update and unlock my tweaking S2 too. And I now have only 1 unlock left. What worries me is that my PBs will be ruined if I use this online

Nope, you don't have to unlock every time you update LFS. And that wouldn't really matter either since you get new unlock keys every month I think?
After change of drive type (fwd => rwd ), it does not sustain diff.

sorry my bad english
actual bug list ( that i found )

1.like piotrek said after changing transmission type, u cant change ur differential.(u can , but it has no effect )

2.the gear option is nice, but u cant get more gears as the car actually have. example u set for the XFG in the gear option 8 = 6 gears. but it still haves 5.

3.dunno how it is for the other versions, cause they wont work for me , but at least in P0.1 and 02 i cant save presets.

4.this is maybe not a bug, but lets see u can make ur car weight alot higher but even when u set weight to all 0 u only lose bout 60 KG (german unit :P ) thats about 1/10 of the car.

thats all what i found so far.
let u know when i see more.
Can't seem to get a car recognised myself, keep the status never changes from 'car not found'. Anybody else geting this with the latest version?
Quote from ATHome :By the way: Some of you might have the missing dll already in their windows\system32 folder, its just not registered...

To do so:

Start
Run

and then type in (or copy from my reply)

regsvr32 %systemroot%\System32\MSSTDFMT.dll

It's not working for me and I don't have the file...could anyone point out where I could find the .dll....?
That's odd. I now have the files but still cannot run MecaniK S2. I placed the program into my LFS folder but I can't get it to run.
To Fonnybone:
This is just a little wish from someone out there, but if you're planning to make a full LFStweak later on when the world is ready for it, could you please add a possibility to modify the values allowed for tire pressures? This is the one important feature I've been longing for since those first releases of LFStweakS1 ;_; (about 15 bars of max pressure would be enough.)
A mod for changing the range of suspension components and other similar would be nice too.
This thread is closed

MecaniK S2 - v0.5P
(494 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG