The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Beck Rose :@Scawen: Sorry Scawen, but it is reproduceable everytime: Fe Green, full field of AI + me, W10, a no cut layout, 2 laps, watch replay until it finishes and then press escape for menu and then click start race.

I can't seem to reproduce this either. Can you do it with a short replay (quick reproduction method with not many AI would be helpful).
Quote from KOB_CHEESE :Apologies if you know about this already (i did search honest !), but toggling Full Screen Vertical Sync doesnt work for me in W17 - FPS is limited to my screen refresh rate whether the option is on or off. In the official patch W, my FPS will double upon toggling the option.

Another one I can't reproduce, it seems to work fine for me, my FPS can go higher than the screen refresh rate if VSYNC is switched off.
#78 - Jakg
Perhaps it's something in your graphics drivers, KOB_CHEESE?
Quote from Scawen :I've just been trying to reproduce this freeze bug reported by two people, but can't find a way to do it.

I've tried deleting either the skin.jpg and skin.dds, or both, then selecting the colour scheme that refers to it. When the skins weren't available, I got the default white skin, no freeze. I tried this in both skin modes "compressed" and "full".

Is anyone able to reprodce this? Zachary Zoomy and PLAYLIFE, please can you give a description of exactly how you did this, what is in what folder and which buttons you clicked, and if "Car and helmet skins" option is set to compressed or full - and can you reproduce this bug?

How I did this:

Started LFS with new patch. LFS started converting or whatever. Converting stopped. Some red messages came on top left corner that I noticed too late to do anything about them (most probably error messages that conversion failed, because my hard disk was full). Then I went to garage to select FOX and my skin did not appear on the car, so I selected one or two of the default skins (from default selection). The car then appeared so that at some places parts of the car were missing (a la the hood had parts of it cut out, as if the skin was supposed to cover that place but it couldnt). After that - deep freeze.
Quote from Scawen :I can't reproduce this one. Do you still get this bug or has it been fixed somewhere along the way?

Been fixed along the way, retested as posted in W32

Works as it should. Thank you.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Converting stopped. Some red messages came on top left corner that I noticed too late to do anything about them [...]

You could always press H to bring up the message history or open deb.log.
not translatable text
I have not found where I could translate the texts from the Options/Display/Interface screen...
W33 - some more updates to test
Hello again.

Another small update (see first post). I think there will be a test patch every day this week on this final run down to Patch X.

Changes in Test Patch W33

Practice sessions now start from pits (like qualifying)
First lap time of qualifying or practice is not displayed
Removed inset button from escape menu shortcut keys text
Improved connection - less likely to fail to join a host
Can now save MPR from dedicated host (auto or manual)

FIX : /end command in single player did not exit correctly

InSim : ISS_VISIBLE no longer changes due to text entry dialog box
InSim : IS_PEN packets now sent on autox false start or wrong route
InSim : Total time penalty is now included in IS_RES (compatible)
Quote from Chaos :I have not found where I could translate the texts from the Options/Display/Interface screen...

That screen is not translatable.
Hi Scawen. The Saving Replays on Server.

If set on manual how would you go about saving it? would it have to be done via the dedicated server console i assume? or would there be some way for a Server admin to save it via a command or something?
For future reference it's documented a little bit in commands.txt - but I'll describe it here now anyway.

You must have /autosave on 1 or 2 - so the replay is actually being saved.

If autosave is 1 - it will overwrite the temp_mpr replay at each race restart - admin or host must use the /save_mpr command to save the replay.
If autosave is 2 - it will autosave every race that was longer than 30 seconds.

NOTE : you can't have 2 dedicated hosts in the same folder both saving an MPR.
#87 - CSU1
I didnt know where else to post this Scawen but test patch W21 is the last patch that seems to work right with my game pad, all other patches after that see my in game wheel really sensitive as if analogue steer smooth has been reduced? Im very sorry if it has been pointed out in other test patch threads there is just too many post too look through.
Quote from Scawen :NOTE : you can't have 2 dedicated hosts in the same folder both saving an MPR.

Ouch. In my case that's very unfortunate.

Any chance of:

// Name of temporary mpr
/temp_mpr=temp_mpr_host1.mpr

Edit: note to linux admins, you'll have to create /data/mpr manually or else nothing will be written.
Setupchange F12 Bug?
Hello,

My english is not perfect but I think you could understand what I mean

I think there is a bug we noticed while driving the 24h Race of Kyoto Long Rev. In front of a Driverchange I changed the Setup via F12. Afte the Drivechange the Setup was changed correctly.
But the next drive had automatically changes in his F12 menu so that he will got the setup of the driver who had given him the car after his next pit stop.
I think I'm not the first one who noticed that. So i hope you could solve this problem.
#90 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :NOTE : you can't have 2 dedicated hosts in the same folder both saving an MPR.

Is there a plan to change this at a later date, perhaps? We'd happily buy a new HD for our server to save MPRs there but if we have to run separate installs in order to collect MPRs, we can't then use the same ban file to maintain LFS server security. We need to be able to do both in order to achieve the level of licence accountability we're aiming for.

What would be bliss would be either
/autosave 2
/mprdir ctra2a

or even
/autosave mprdir
Quote from SamH :Is there a plan to change this at a later date, perhaps? We'd happily buy a new HD for our server to save MPRs there but if we have to run separate installs in order to collect MPRs, we can't then use the same ban file to maintain LFS server security. We need to be able to do both in order to achieve the level of licence accountability we're aiming for.

/autosave 2
/mprdir ctra2a

or even
/autosave mprdir

meh. read the thread, sam!

Any way, I just tried it and it is working great (on linux)!

Edit: I've also tried streaming the server-side temp.mpr with filurs php version of lfstv and it's working flawlessly.

I hope you all understand the possibilities this brings ...
#92 - SamH
Quote from felplacerad :meh. read the thread, sam!

I thought I did! I missed the last ruddy page. Sorry everyone
Quote from felplacerad :Ouch. In my case that's very unfortunate.

Any chance of:

// Name of temporary mpr
/temp_mpr=temp_mpr_host1.mpr

Edit: note to linux admins, you'll have to create /data/mpr manually or else nothing will be written.

Quote from SamH :Is there a plan to change this at a later date, perhaps? We'd happily buy a new HD for our server to save MPRs there but if we have to run separate installs in order to collect MPRs, we can't then use the same ban file to maintain LFS server security. We need to be able to do both in order to achieve the level of licence accountability we're aiming for.

/autosave 2
/mprdir ctra2a

or even
/autosave mprdir

I see you two have proposed two different solutions to the problem (1) setting the temp mpr name and (2) setting the mpr directory. I'll consider these and welcome any more comments suggesting one way or the other. And I've noted that bug that the mpr folder is not created automatically.

Quote from Pioneer_Pixel :Hello,

My english is not perfect but I think you could understand what I mean

I think there is a bug we noticed while driving the 24h Race of Kyoto Long Rev. In front of a Driverchange I changed the Setup via F12. Afte the Drivechange the Setup was changed correctly.
But the next drive had automatically changes in his F12 menu so that he will got the setup of the driver who had given him the car after his next pit stop.
I think I'm not the first one who noticed that. So i hope you could solve this problem.

OK, I still don't really know what you mean. Could you describe it very simply, maybe with some example numbers, and step by step descriptions of what happens?

The driver B who takes over from driver A, should have the setup that the driver A left there. And that includes any changed that driver A made with the F12 menu. Driver B should not be able to influence this in any way. That is the intended behaviour. So I'm not sure if what you are saying is different from that or not.
Quote from ethan520 :This is the worst thing that happened in LFS

I like your background pics/raws link?

About the patch. Great . just very slow converting to dds (nothing strange 7 year PC no upgrade )

Style buttons and almost no lag(maybe no if powerfull PC) when someone leavs the pist
Quote from CSU1 :I didnt know where else to post this Scawen but test patch W21 is the last patch that seems to work right with my game pad, all other patches after that see my in game wheel really sensitive as if analogue steer smooth has been reduced?

Did you check your controller settings? For me atleast they got changed back to default when updating to W30.
whats with the BHM skin setting for the FXO and FXR? I can only see a white skin.
#98 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :I see you two have proposed two different solutions to the problem (1) setting the temp mpr name and (2) setting the mpr directory. I'll consider these and welcome any more comments suggesting one way or the other. And I've noted that bug that the mpr folder is not created automatically.

With the ability to specify an MPR directory it would make it much easier to go to a specific race on a specific server at a specific time. All round, it's just much simpler than naming conventions etc. Sharing MPRs for download publicly for public servers and withholding them for private servers (i.e. sharing/not sharing the folder) etc.. all bagged and tagged with separate MPR directories.
Hi!

I'll try it to explain, what Pioneer_Pixel means, but my english isn't perfect too ;-)

Driver 1 starts with following settings and the one he like to drive (Car FXR):

Front Camber -2.1°
Pressure 1.95 bar
wing 15°

rear camber -1.9°
pressure 2.00 bar
wing 7°

So, Driver 1 changes the car settings (F12 menu) to that one driver 2 like to drive:

front camber -1.5°
pressure 2.1 bar
wing 10°

rear camber -1.9°
pressure 1.90 bar
wing 7°

driver 1 enters pits, LfS changes the car settings (this settings are the right one which driver 2 like to drive). Driver 1 and 2 changes and driver 2 leaves the Pit. Now driver 2 enters Pit, LfS repairs car / changes tyres and so on - that's correct. At next Lfs changes car-settings again, without any interaction via F12 Menu from driver 2 bevor. So if you now look into F12 menu you can see a totaly changed set like:

front camber -2.0°
pressure 1.90 bar
wing 15°

rear camber -1.9°
pressure 1.95 bar
wing 7°

Now driver 2 changes the set back to the right settings he like to drive and do another pitstop, so LFS changes the settings back. From now on driver 2 can do so many pitstops he want - till the time, the next driver + car setting changes comes.
Quote from Scawen :Can now save MPR from dedicated host (auto or manual)

WAAAAHHH why didnt you release that feature 2 days ago... LOL

Now we are collecting zillions of tiny replay files from the 24 hours race...
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG