The online racing simulator
I would say around 5:45 for a current F1 car on Nurby.
"A camera car took shots of the 29-year-old on some sections of all three laps and Heidfeld slowed down for the photo calls."

They were not trying to reach a decent time at all... it was just for the show...
#53 - MR_B
-1 kudos to them then.

They had the chance to really enjoy the day and do something a little special, but from what I'm reading I bet even Nick would rather have been at home.

What a waste of fuel and time.
i would say if they really pushed it and had the car setup perfict and had a good driver low 5mins maybe 4's would be do able but i dont think their is a person on earth that has enough skill combinding with a death wish to attempt it
I don't think anyone really expected them to go full chat... did they?

Nick would have probably easily gone significantly faster but that's not what the team were there to do, nor did they want him to with the risk that something might break and put him out for the season.
It's a shame, but I expected nothing more. It would be a real PR stunt if Super Aguri went and did it properly, broke the outright record and everything. That would be a headline worth publishing, rather than "F1 car drives around the 'ring".
#57 - JJ72
if eddie jordon is still around, he would have done it properly.
I'm disappointed as well. However, now that BMW have done, who's to say that some other team might give it a try Red Bull are always up for a stunt or two, but their current drivers of Mr 'exciting' Coulthard and Mr 'moaning' Webber are far too boring to do it :P
Toyota should do it.

They "weren't trying" at Laguna Seca and they still managed to break the record, they'd stand a chance at the 'Ring.
Quote from spookthehamster :Toyota should do it.

They "weren't trying" at Laguna Seca and they still managed to break the record

Which is getting beaten by the Fanboymobiles (Champcars).
Quote from mrbogeyman :I'm disappointed as well. However, now that BMW have done, who's to say that some other team might give it a try

BMW will have a say
Quote from keiran :BMW will have a say

ah yes, there is that point. do they part-own at least the modern GP track?

surely they couldn't stop any other teams trying?
Quote from MR_B :So if they're taking the BF1 (or would that be a BF2 now?) around the ring, then why can't we?

Before you all sigh, it was a rhetorical question. I'm not going to be the one to start up that old topic.

Isnt it BF1.06 and BF1.07? (relating to the years obviously), F2 is a different class!

They should get Sabine in the M5 Ring Taxi to race Nick Heidfeld in the BF1, just see who wins then
Hi,
every1 should have known "its only pr".
#65 - J.B.
Just made a quick part lap split-screen video of Heidfeld vs Derek Bell's 6:41. Looks like he wasn't going that slow.

Sorry for the appalling quality but since youtube has become so popular it's almost impossible to find even low quality videos.

EDIT: links removed, higher quality version 5 posts further down.
Quote from J.B. :Just made a quick part lap split-screen video of Heidfeld vs Derek Bell's 6:41. Looks like he wasn't going that slow.

http://rapidshare.com/files/28 ... bell_splitscreen.avi.html

http://img77.imageshack.us/img ... eldbellsplitscreenuw9.jpg

Sorry for the appalling quality but since youtube has become so popular it's almost impossible to find even low quality videos.

Argh, rapidshare :/

Any chance of anyone uploading it to another place? Check my sig for sources, I'll put one here soon too:

EDIT: http://www.mooload.com/new/
Wait wait wait wait..

If BMW has a deal with the Nurburgring and LFS got a deal with BMW.... Nahhh..
Quote from Darkone55 :If BMW has a deal with the Nurburgring and LFS got a deal with Intel....

I took the liberty of editing the quote so that it resembles more to reality...
BMW didn't want Heidfeld to go flat out because of safety etc. And he had to run on extremely hard bridgestone tires. (over 6 sec. slower on a normal track). Also the gearing ratio was adjusted (his topspeed was 275 km/h) and the ride height had to be adjusted, because of the bumps (+4 cm at the front, +8 cm at the rear). And ofcourse, he had to slow down for the cameras. If all those things weren't the case, he would've easily broken the lap record. Anyways, I think it's very cool
#70 - J.B.
ny one got any video of it or onbored footage of it ?
#73 - DeKo
Quote from 60iano60 :ny one got any video of it or onbored footage of it ?

just whap heidfeld nordschleife into youtube, plenty there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG