The online racing simulator
Heidfeld to challenge old old Nurburgring circuit
It has been over three decades since the greatest racing cars on the planet came face-to-face with the world's most challenging circuit. On 28th April the BMW Sauber F1.07 will become the first Formula One car for 31 years to grace the Nürburgring's legendary Nordschleife track. Nick Heidfeld's journey into history will be the highlight of a full day in the Eifel mountains with the BMW Motorsport racing arsenal.

As BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen points out: "This day is our way of saying thank-you to the fans for their support. The same weekend, the Nürburgring Nordschleife will also play host to the VLN Endurance Championship. Around a third of the drivers in the race will line up in BMW models, which helps explain why BMW Motorsport is one of the partners in the VLN. An average of 25,000 spectators will follow the action at the world's most thrilling circuit. BMW is a longstanding partner of the Nürburgring."

"With BMW Driver Training, BMW Adventure World, our "Ring Taxi" rides and the Performance Center all based at the circuit, this is a kind of second home for us - as well as the scene of victories in all disciplines of racing. The Formula One car's laps of the Nordschleife will be the highlight of a day devoted to BMW Motorsport. Nick's demonstration will not be about setting records, but a tribute to a unique race track - one which is inextricably linked to the heritage of BMW Motorsport."

-----------
Source: http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news ... _old_nurburgring_circuit/
#2 - Vain
They need to release the onboard-footage from that lap.

Vain
That will certainly be great to see a modern F1 car on the old track. I hope thought that he will be given the oppertunity to really go for it on the track and not puppet around. I know it says their aim is not to break any records but I woudl love to see the F1 go round fast.

It will be a few races into the F1 season so i guess he wont have that much time to learn most of the track but certainly It will be interested to see what time he will lap the awesomenest (that a word?) track in the world.

It will certainly be a great day for Nordschleife.
I wonder if they can set the ride height high enough so the car will not fall apart after the first few corners
If he is going to try and go fast at all i'll put a tenner on that he'll stuff it!
Quote from AndroidXP :I wonder if they can set the ride height high enough so the car will not fall apart after the first few corners

Well they ran the BMW F1 on ice and snow (vid somewhere on this forum) where they had to seriously raise the ride height so I dont think that will be a big problem for them to race it on The Ring!
Quote :I hope thought that he will be given the oppertunity to really go for it on the track and not puppet around.

"No doughnuts" was the instruction from Ron Dennis to his two pilots for this years McLaren launch in Spain. The camera then cut to pictures of them doing doughnuts.

The bigger question is does Heidfeld experience fear anywhere near mortal levels, if not, then we might get a new lap record for the ring .
The 'old old Nordschleife' is actually called the Sudschleife. Most of it is overgrown now but you can still find it if you go looking
So now they are taking the BF1 around the Ring.....hmm
Quote from Becky Rose :....

The bigger question is does Heidfeld experience fear anywhere near mortal levels, if not, then we might get a new lap record for the ring .

naah, don't think so,

the REAL records on the track were always owned by REAL men in REAL cars ;-), not by beatniks in ridiculous carbon rides

*runningawayduckingbeforegettinghitbyF1fanboysandgirls*

greetz

der group c butz
butz find if u have time come and join me and dennis on the nordschleife on that day
When will it take place dude? I'll come and watch the noob bending his suspension and finally getting out of the car on Brünnle swearing like hell ;-)

greetz

der butz
28th April 2007

thats saturdays...
by the looks of it Dennis and me are going to drive down there and watch it
either from the brünnchen section or Schwedenkreuz
#14 - Vain
Quote from Belain :28th April 2007

thats saturdays...
by the looks of it Dennis and me are going to drive down there and watch it
either from the brünnchen section or Schwedenkreuz

Better go to Schwedenkreuz. He might not make it to Brünnchen.

Vain
yea but me and my buddy have created some Conspirency Theories about the Brünnchen...which would be one of the reason we should stand there with a "Kombizange" coz he will crash in brünnchen anyways...otherwise it wouldnt be the brünnchen
Quote from Vain :Better go to Schwedenkreuz. He might not make it to Brünnchen.

Vain

By that logic Hatzenbach is probably the place lol
Quote from Belain :yea but me and my buddy have created some Conspirency Theories about the Brünnchen...which would be one of the reason we should stand there with a "Kombizange" coz he will crash in brünnchen anyways...otherwise it wouldnt be the brünnchen

At least there's a massive sand trap for him to bury himself in
Quote from Gentlefoot :By that logic Hatzenbach is probably the place lol

Nah T13 lol.

Anyway..I think Adenauer Forst would be a very nice place to be then.
I'll be there and I'll take my camera with me
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Nah T13 lol.

Anyway..I think Adenauer Forst would be a very nice place to be then.
I'll be there and I'll take my camera with me

I can't go to Adenau any more. I might run into my ex's family or friends or worse still the gorgon herself lol
Quote from Gentlefoot :The 'old old Nordschleife' is actually called the Sudschleife. Most of it is overgrown now but you can still find it if you go looking

The Sudschleife - IMO - should have been redeveloped and slightly widened rather than that current useless excuse for a race track GPstrecke. Like Nordschleife, but shorter and a bit safer - also easier to redevelop for the former
Quote from duke_toaster :The Sudschleife - IMO - should have been redeveloped and slightly widened rather than that current useless excuse for a race track GPstrecke. Like Nordschleife, but shorter and a bit safer - also easier to redevelop for the former

Excellent! Someone who knows of the Sudschleife. Most people seem to think it's some kind of myth.
Quote from Gentlefoot :The 'old old Nordschleife' is actually called the Sudschleife. Most of it is overgrown now but you can still find it if you go looking

This is wrong. The old old Nurburgring(~28Km) was Nordschleife+Südschleife. But the Nordschleife itself has never been called Südschleife.

http://www.pro-steilstrecke.de <- Best Ring History site
Quote from M.Mos :This is wrong. The old old Nurburgring(~28Km) was Nordschleife+Südschleife. But the Nordschleife itself has never been called Südschleife.

http://www.pro-steilstrecke.de <- Best Ring History site

I didn't mean it literally and it was a light hearted comment. I was just picking up on the phrase in the title of the thread i.e. "old old Nordschleife". I didn't mean it was a predecessor of the Nordschleife.

You Germans have such a good eye for detail
The two olds in the title are a typo

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG