The online racing simulator
For those planning on buying Forza 2
(50 posts, started )
If by teh ring you mean the nurburg ring , you'll notice in the tight sections forxa 1 has a slightly wisder road which ( if you drive as hard as i do ) you need every extra inch , other then that gt4's one is better
Meh...

so I was on the crapper reading my free gaming magazine, and came across this Forza 2 insert/page ad... basically just read about it here:

http://www.tweak3d.net/forums/ ... za-2-very-stinky-ad-24294

Put it this way. Once I opened the fold of that "perfume" page, the bathroom wreaked more than you know what Started making me dizzy sniffing it... probably some nasty chemicals, haha. Great advertisements on their part. I'll be waiting to play this game, because I did enjoy the first one .
Demo should be out on MP tomorrow (10th) with any luck
can't wait. pre-ordered mine the other day. i'm not expecting this to be a LFS killer ( ), but should be fun. i love driving real-world tracks. only thing that sucks is no limited edition in the US
demo was supposed to have been out 5 hours ago, anyone play it? how are the physics and how's the force feedback?
Apparently it is out now but I am stuck in work..... :sleep2:
yup. came out this morning. its going to be a long day until i get home and can download it (roughly 9 hours to go)
the demo is plain ***impressive***, the only racing simulator I could say it can be superior to LFS.

But... useless without G25 support, playing this with Microsoft Toy Wheel is just a disaster, however, I just heard they'll implement that (crossing fingers).
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Can someone post a pic from cockpit view pls....and how are the physics?
There is no cockpit view Moose. But if someone would elaborate on the physics and feeling of the game that would be great!
Quote from AndyC :There is no cockpit view Moose.

Ha..Just as i suspected. Sim.. my arse.
Their claim was they couldn't model 300+ cockpits and then model a futher 300+ for when weight reduction is used. I see what they are getting at but it would have been a nice feature.
Quote from AndyC :Their claim was they couldn't model 300+ cockpits and then model a futher 300+ for when weight reduction is used. I see what they are getting at but it would have been a nice feature.

aye exactly... tis a shame but can totally understand
That's just retarted and pointless excuse. If they already do 300+ car exteriors, making the interiors is not a big deal. Why weight reduction would absolutely need to change the cockpit look? Not even PC sims do that...
because people would bitch about the interiors not changing when they made weight reduction changes. or they'd bitch about how they did it wrong. or they'd bitch about how they didn't do the interiors at all.
Yup, bitching is common but they should had included a cockpit view anyway
don't get me wrong. i would have loved for them to put a cockpit view in (my preferred view in racing games).
Yes I understand.

As a matter of fact I also think that the cockpit view is a must to all racing games.
And if we are talking about a racing sim it's almost like a mandatory prerequisite.

They almost handicaped the whole experience imho.
In this aspect LFS with it's fully customizable cameras is ages ahead.
customization of PC games will likely always be ages ahead of console games. PC games just have so much more accessability to its components.

i have to say before the demo was released, i was actually pretty disappointed at the lack of cockpit views. but once i started playing it, i completely forgot about it and it no longer mattered that it wasn't there. but thats just my opinion
I think they ran out of room on the DVD, rather than couldn't be bothered... I know they struggled to get it to fit...

...lazy coders or lots of high res textures who knows.

Plays well though

Obviously LFS is better but as a pick up and play with 300 real cars it'll be a hoot.
#47 - JJ72
lol they have went backwards with the car reflection and put super polish on every car again....
Had a few goes on this, its ok, as ssaid before to pick up and play, but i dont think its anything special. Been waiting a while for it too come out.

Just another case of an over hyped 360 game
played it a few times
its pretty good as far as console racers go, but i suspect that useing the gamepad is not the best thing to do, i wont be buying the M$ wheel either, so i`m unsure if i will get the full game

shame the logitech g25/dfp wheels dont work
the developers must have put a few fresh coats of zaino car polish on their cars before using them as references.

For those planning on buying Forza 2
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG