The online racing simulator
For those planning on buying Forza 2
(50 posts, started )

Hey, take your eyes off the screen shots for a second!!

Thought I'd get a thread going so we can share GamerTags!

Obviously () it's not gonna be as good as LFS but it'll still be a laugh and it'll be good to get some LFSers racing together with our shiney machines!

Anyway mine is rob230 feel free to add me for a race (or a game of Pro Evo, TDU, RB6 Vegas, GOW or VT3)

List away!
My tag is Thorvertonian, again feel free to add me...

Most definetly pre-ordering this....
#3 - AndyC
Andy Campbell << that's mine

really looking forward to this, isn't the demo out soon?
Slight delay on the game, end of May they're saying now... as for the Demo they're being crafty and not letting on.

I suspect a few weeks max... or at least I HOPE!
Is that "teh ring" ?

After ps 2 wasnt going to get another console but the 360 is looking more appealing with games like forza and assassin's creed coming out.
Yep that's THE ring, there's also the GP track too, but the Nordschleife track is gonna be the daddy!
I believe they had "teh ring" on the first Forza.
Damnit why can't the G25 work with the 360, I'd go out and buy one today if it could be done. Thoroughly enjoyed the 1st Forza except the fuzzy graphics, which is clearly sorted.

Yes 'the Ring' was in the 1st Forza, but it looked & drove pretty terrible compared to GT4's version, and more so compared to rF's version these days.
I know the feeling I sit playing on the 360 with my G25 in sight and it's maddening!!!! hehe

They're said to have reworked 'Teh Ring' so should be a bit better. It's meant to have mapped all the little bumps that cause so many problems too
Apparently GT4s version of 'teh ring' is accurate to a few inches (possibly millimeters, possibly even a lie).
Quote from DTrott :possibly even a lie

Probably right there.

I'll be getting Forza 2. But my Gold membership with XBLive has run out xD and I'd rather get Forza than XBLive first.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :Probably right there.

I'll be getting Forza 2. But my Gold membership with XBLive has run out xD and I'd rather get Forza than XBLive first.

It might come with a month free or there might even be bundles out there you never know
Quote from Robster230 :It might come with a month free or there might even be bundles out there you never know

And at HOW much for XBLive subscription??

I wonder why they never release it on PC, after all, there is NO TECHNICAL REASON WHATSOEVER why they couldn't code a port to the PC, in any case the game was CODED on a PC!!!

The thought of shelling out cash for a game, and then MORE cash just to play it sickens me.
Just a cool way to rip people off big-time. Take a WoW freak for example, and work out how much he spends per annum, just to play.

Thank Scavier for LFS, £24 for YEARS of enjoyment!
Lol, well either way im going to be getting this, annying that they pushed this back to accommadate Mass Effect, then theyve gone and delayed that til september . Next game i shall get is C&C3, yeah i could get it for the PC, but rather the Xbox.

Add me if ya wish, although playing more LFS recently!

Gamertag: Lucasinio
Quote from Robster230 :It might come with a month free or there might even be bundles out there you never know

But that means getting a new gamertag for a month. Not really my cup of tea. (if i didnt care about me gamertag, i could just sign up on the xbox and get a free gold for a month again, just make a new hotmail everytime.)
Quote from Bladerunner :
I wonder why they never release it on PC, after all, there is NO TECHNICAL REASON WHATSOEVER why they couldn't code a port to the PC, in any case the game was CODED on a PC!!!

If it works on one Xbox, it will run the same with the rest. You can have millions of different kind of computers you should get the game run on, and that would of course mean lots of testing=time=more money spent. And I'm sure the wide spread internet sharing of games doesn't get the game houses that interested either. On a console, illegal copying is fairly minimal and people don't really bother as it can be complicated and includes opening up your machine and such. With PC, it's almost too easy crack a game and every cracked copy is loss for the makers.
Obviously they don't port it because it's most likely be one of the most popular games on Xbox 360. Why would you want it for PC anyway? It's just another dumbed down toy sim.

And Logitech G25 of course is definately not working on the Xbox because Microsoft has made their own brand wheel (which looks like a toy).

What's the drooling for the screenshots? Those shots that has motion blur are taken from the "photomode". You might as well as call them photoshopped.
Quote from deggis :Obviously they don't port it because it's most likely be one of the most popular games on Xbox 360. Why would you want it for PC anyway? It's just another dumbed down toy sim.

And Logitech G25 of course is definately not working on the Xbox because Microsoft has made their own brand wheel (which looks like a toy).

What's the drooling for the screenshots? Those shots that has motion blur are taken from the "photomode". You might as well as call them photoshopped.

Doesn't really look that different in game tbh, there's a full replay released now in 720p
Quote from chanoman315 :I tag Formula 1 Championship Edition ... for ps3

obviously with all driving aids off

Maybe its just the noob reviewer, but that looks pretty bloody awful to me.

Forza 2 does look impressive though, and for me consoles and realism never go together. The reason I play console games is to sit down with a bunch of mates and have a laugh, not take anything too seriously... thats what the PC is for hehe.
Quote from deggis :http://screenshots.teamxbox.co ... /58843/Forza-Motorsport-2

I'M NOT saying that looks crap but for "next gen" game not so spectacular either. I like clean graphics. It's good that they didn't go that "NEXT GEN motion blur bloom crap" way.

That doesn't look AA'd to me. I think everything can look a little blocky on a pc monitor, but once flowing at 60FPS on a nice big HD tv it'll look much better.

Remember next gen only refers to the previous gen... not next gen PC wise, or next century... the egg box has been out quite a while. I think it's gonna be a hoot online though for some less serious racing and the usual excellent Xbox Live banter!
Quote from chanoman315 :I tag Formula 1 Championship Edition ... for ps3

obviously with all driving aids off

Good grief, i've just had a look at quite a few vids of that GAME, and it looks like another steaming pile of turds dressed up in shiny graphics. What a dog.
My gamertag is Glanzarog. Add me if you want..

(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG