The online racing simulator
#76 - SamH
Quote from Vain :Thanks Becky for taking the courage to give away your project.

I'd like to echo that.. it takes a lot of courage to give away your code. It's a really difficult thing to do, to relinquish your "baby", so Becky totally rocks for having the strength to do it.
May I suggest SMA? Simulation Motorsport Authority. Or, you can do the same thing that they did with UTC by combining english and french word order to make it SAM :P

It's supposed to sound big and grandiose, it's an authority.
#78 - Jakg
i suggest "UKCT - Simulation & Management", but they didn't like the acronym
So Sam, is this forum going to change its title too?
Quote from Vain :Thanks Becky for taking the courage to give away your project.
Thanks Sam and all of UKCT for taking over.

Vain

+1 defenately

All the best for Becky and all the best for the UKCT team as well
wooo thank u so much for gettin it back online, althought i just went in a server and i was able to drive the Rb4 with a bronze license? is the license system not in effect yet?
Wow, great news
Thanks so much to Becky for enabling this to happen. It's a move that is appreciated by a huge amount of people.
And thanks a lot to Sam and the UKCT guys for taking this on. Best of luck moving this onwards and upwards. We're right behind you (apart from on the track, where i intend to be right in front of you:razz

Now if only the TBO's weren't on a bloody RallyX track at the moment my night would be complete
Wooo good job UKCT for keeping it running and thank you Becky
#84 - SamH
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :wooo thank u so much for gettin it back online, althought i just went in a server and i was able to drive the Rb4 with a bronze license? is the license system not in effect yet?

Bugger! LOL! No, you're not supposed to be able to drive that. We'll be doing some testing properly over the next day or so, so enjoy it while you can
great job all for getting this up and running. I just got 19 pts for a win
:clapclap:

Great to see something good can come out of all this.

As everyone has said, a big THANK YOU to Becky for letting the UKCT keep her "baby" going.

And also a just as big THANK YOU to UKCT for taking up the challenge of keeping this going for all us STCC addicts.

I've only had 1 or 2 races since STCC closed, LFS just didn't feel the same, for me anyway.

Well, I'll see you lads on these servers soon, I have my first OLFSL race tomorrow in the RAC(Pool 5:shy, I'm still practicing.

Thanks again Becky and UKCT, very much appreciated.
Very good news for every racers.

Good luck to Becky and thanks again for your intelligence to accept to give your project.

You have made in one shot 10.000 racers happy......
good to hear its going on! FRIENDSHIP!
#89 - SamH
Quote from keithano :So Sam, is this forum going to change its title too?

The STCC league still exists. Becky's confirmed that, at least for this season, it will continue to its conclusion. This is really good news for us racers, although the bad news is that there won't be any broadcasts.

I'll talk to Becky about it. I think she'll probably ask for this section to close, especially since there's an LFS league forum on the STCC's own server.

As for a new one opening for the UKCTRA (if that's going to be its name), I'm not sure if it'll be necessary. We don't plan to have much of a forum presence. The UKCT coders are not active forumers (apart from me, and I'm not going to be involved in the project, particularly) and another UKCT member (tbd) will be assuming the role of forum liason.

So.. in short.. dunno!
#90 - Mykl
In the spirit of positive reinforcement...

I want to say that I sincerely appreciate the STCC team's hard work. I've been gaming online for years and to be perfectly honest, this is quite possibly the very best experience I've ever had with any game. The game is good, the competition is great, the people are friendly (mostly), and the admins have set sensible policies.

In the future please remember that just because people complain and moan on the forums, and that you may get some nasty reports it doesn't mean that there aren't many more who really appreciate this service. It's just that when the going is good, the happy people tend to keep to themselves and may not vocalize their good feelings regarding the situation as often as they should.
great move of you to pass the project on
more power to those who lay their sources open
I can't thank Becky enough your a diamond all the best in your new project and I will look forward to bumping bumpers again sometime

All the best to Sam and the UKCT team if you need help just ask as if anything good has come of this it's been a wake up call to the community and has brought people closer together.

Edit : Came up with a name....... IRSLA.........International Race Sim Licence Authority

What do you think
Ahh, That's better Familiar faces, good racing, track rotation,a few more points added to the licence, up far too late again, all is good in the (sim)world again...happy racers all round

Night all
Simon, will this mean that the Userbars will be re-designed? (and make all UKCT morons administrators?)?
#95 - SamH
Dusty, I need to talk to Victor about it first. If it's okay with him to continue the userbars, I'll redesign.

@CELTIC.. I'm not sure about IRSLA.. I dunno if I'd ever get it in the right order but it's an option! Because we plan to extend the licencing option to participating servers other than our own, I'm beginning to think that "SRA" or "SMRA" (Sim Motor Racing Authority/Association) is not an unreasonable name for it. (Yes, yes Tokartta.. I'm hearing you! LOL!)

Perhaps when I've had a sleep, I'll be able to think clearer.. cos I'm thinking clear as mud right now!
#96 - UsuL
Sunday, 7:20 in the morning ... and all I was thinking was "Let's read about STCC!" ... I got to be really addicted, hardly nerd and completly gone .

By the way, let me add my thanks to Becky and her decision to give the code away, now we can be back on line with the public server with point system again and have a lot of fun!

Yesterday I've met Becky on a FM server, but I avoided to directly say something or just say "Hi Becky", 'couse I thought she only needed to have fun and not think about STCC and so on ... I wasn't noticed already about the new UKCT servers based on the STCC codes, otherwise at least I would say thanks directly.

It's sad that today I have to go to a real track to follow our racers that compete in the Desmo Challenge: so i can't nerderize my self on the new servers!

Wish a good luck to SamH and all the UKCT team for the servers, wish a good luck to Becky for the new projects she's developing, hope to get you all again on line soon!

Let's get this thump-up from me!

Thank you.
Sam, lets just call it the DSLA (Dustin and Sam Licence Assosiation :P)
Thanks for bringing back the servers! That's great news. :thumbsup3
:balloons:
what her?

i have just heard now that stcc is closed
what happended was there any warning
ok so is going to be something simalar ukctra is it going to be like stcc

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG