The online racing simulator
STCC closed 2 [CTRA opens]
I understand why the thread was closed but many people will have come home from work / school / whatever and found the STCC closed and the only thread discussing the closure closed also. STCC is a huge deal to many in the LFS community and I think those who were involved at least deserve somewhere to write a final comment. So providing that this thread does not involve the 'issue', please can it be kept open?
Well i did not see this coming. Man was looking forward to "progressing" to silver.

I like the career mode stcc provided. Not everybody wants to drive the BIG cars all the time. Especially not to learn. I sincerely hope there is a way to get the stcc back on track in some form. For me its not the league perse, more the "career mode" and the proper driving and sense of community.
#3 - SamH
Sure.. but please, I'm asking nicely, no finger-pointing or anything.
STCC was all S1 licensed racers had to look forward to. With all honesty the STCC is the one thing I liked most about this game. This has confirmed that I will not be purchasing S2 and instead, I'll be moving on to rFactor.

Take care all. I'm sorry to the STCC team for it not working out, you put a lot of hard work in and it payed off, yet the LFS community and developement team decided to ignore that. I think this will be the number one reason why I'm leaving.
why wouldnt you purchase s2? There is much more to the game than just STCC, sure it was a great part of the game but it has taken too much of Becky's time up and she can't keep doing this as she has personal issues going on in her life. Good luck Becky and i hope you come back one day

anyway, you will never regret buying s2 and it costs much cheper than a normal ps2 game why leave?
The STCC was the only thing keeping me here for the past month. It was some of the most fun and clean racing I have ever experienced online. If the STCC were to ever return, I would finish my license to Gold and then purchase S2 exactly like I had planned before.

As long as there is an STCC server running, this game is worth playing to me.
Quote from SKaREO :Take care all. I'm sorry to the STCC team for it not working out, you put a lot of hard work in and it payed off, yet the LFS community and developement team decided to ignore that. I think this will be the number one reason why I'm leaving.

excuse me ? becky never implied that scawens insim changes were in any way responsible other than coming with unfortunate timing
also if i understood him correctly there still is a legacy mode that can be used to port apps with relative ease
i couldn't believe my eyes today when i first saw that there weren't no STCC servers online and then when i saw this thread....
believe my....i just can't race in other servers than STCC...

STCC is my life at LFS...

Im really really sad at this point.
Let's hope everything is solved and we can...again....race in THE BEST LFS SERVERS i know!!
#9 - SamH
SKaREO, doood!...

The LFS developers, Becky, and all the other programmers have been putting their heads together to develop LFS. Becky's made, I'm absolutely sure, many requests which are being implemented into the InSim function - the thing that Becky uses to connect her software to LFS.

95% of the problems for Becky, right now, revolve around her REAL life, NOT the STCC, or the way that LFS is coded.

You're a really good guy, SKaREO, who's embraced LFS and responsible driving to the max.. you're exactly the kind of person that we WOULD MISS, on ALL of LFS.

There is SO much more to LFS than the STCC. What you've seen with the STCC is just an EXAMPLE of something that happens on MANY other servers. With S2, you could come on the ConeDodgers server (which, when I get a break from the other stuff I do, is probably my fave LFS server).. rFactor doesn't deserve you.. Choose LFS S2, buddy. You would NEVER regret it!

I bet you 20p!!
This is sad, really.

The STCC servers were very good for LFS, they actually made people race the road cars and not only the fast cars, which dosen't really invite to close racing.

Good luck Becky and to the rest of the team. Hope you can get the servers up again to the winter when everyone is ready again
#11 - dave
I've recently come back after some away time and discovered the STCC servers, and they have been the only place I've joined since coming back, the racing is usually clean and fair and alot of great races are had and generally all the people are nice. I do like the fact that you start in UF1 and I was begining to get quite good at it, and figured if I progress through each license driving each car type I would eventually be decent at alot of the cars of lfs and a better racer. I also enjoyed watching the STCC broadcasts alot and will miss them.

Really sad to see you go and gl with your rl stuff :weeping:
I'd just like to make the point that you can drive any of these cars and circuits on any server that offers them. Prior to the STCC thing happening many of us were spending most of our time racing the slower road cars online, so it's not like that's just going to disappear.

It might be harder to find full servers, but ultimately all these drivers have got to go somewhere. If they disappear offline instead of finding somewhere else to race then we'd have to assume the points were what attracted them, not the racing.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from SKaREO :I'll be moving on to rFactor.

Nooooooo!

Becky, look what you've driven him to!
Quote from SKaREO :
Take care all. I'm sorry to the STCC team for it not working out, you put a lot of hard work in and it payed off, yet the LFS community and developement team decided to ignore that. I think this will be the number one reason why I'm leaving.

With this I just can´t agree... Neither did the LFS community or developement team decided do ignore STCC. It is a great work form a group of people, wich I respect, but STCC is not LFS online racing! There are a lot of leagues that were here before STCC and that will still be here despite STCC closing. If you people think that because racing 10 min races on the slower cars of LFS and earning a silver license means you're a good driver, you better think again. Beeing a top driver in leagues like OLFSL, LOTA, MOE, OWRL, just to name a few, represents as much, if not more, than any STCC license, and I really think we should respect that...
That said, I sincerely hope that STCC can carry on and keep growing for the good of LFS and all licensed drivers!!
#15 - Jakg
what about LEAGUES like the STCC? thats gone as well, too

(Just as i was about to win, typical! )
#16 - SamH
Quote from Jakg :(Just as i was about to win, typical! )

In yer dreams, buddy! You're a UKCT driver.. we don't win things, on principle! We have a 2year losing streak to protect
#17 - dave
The pickup and play was a big attraction for me rather than signing up for a league then turning up at specific date and time. I don't believe getting a certain license makes you a uber driver, but progressing up the licenses and learning new cars and tracks definately helps, especially when you get nice clean racing and friendly banter.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from SamH :In yer dreams, buddy! You're a UKCT driver.. we don't win things, on principle! We have a 2year losing streak to protect

noes!
thanks to everyone who made stcc what it was

but onwards and upwards, i enjoy racing on many other severs as well as stcc, and for one will enjoy the ability to drive some cars other than the FXO, UF1 and XFG in a decent and clean race
We will just have to hope that there are still racers who want to drive the TBO cars. There really wasn't any TBO servers before STCC so let's hope that will be from now on. Especially from now on because the TBOs are finally getting balanced :/
@SamH - I appreciate your comment actually, I'm a jerk most of the time. You're right though, rFactor isn't really that great anyway. Hey I was jumping a bit far to conclusions earlier, damn I was upset to see nowhere to race this afternoon. I'll buy S2 still, I need to clear off my credit card this week.
Quote from chunkyracer : Beeing a top driver in leagues like OLFSL, LOTA, MOE, OWRL, just to name a few, represents as much, if not more, than any STCC license, and I really think we should respect that...

Whilst i respect any good drivers, not everyone has the time to run in a league. so the thing for me was to find the best possible public servers, and with STCC, that's what i got. The drivers may not be the fastest and best in the whole of LFS, but most of the top license holders were all good clean racers with the right attitude,and that's what i respect in a racer.

It really wasn't about the licences and points, it was about the whole idea behind it. Promoting clean fair racing.

I have to say I'm pretty gutted about the situation. NO other public servers currently provide what STCC did..great,clean racing,plenty of track rotation,nearly always full severs.(im not saying other server don't provide some of that, but very few that i've seen can tick all of the boxes)
With no disrespect intended the other nearly always full servers (conedodgers, redline etc), they just don't provide the variety that STCC did, and with the plans to introduce single seater servers as well it seemed like a one stop shop for high quality public server racing.

I'd like to thank Becky,Sam and all the others involved for providing the best three months of sim racing fun i've had. All your hard work is certainly appreciated by a lot of people.

I hope the STCC servers will make a comeback in the not to distant future. Life's a little bit emptier without them.

I cant see myself playing a lot of LFS now, but when i do i hope i will come across drivers such as Sparky Dave, Swiss Tony, Lord Blaster, Bravus, Viper(RUS) and all the others i enjoyed such close,clean racing with over these last three months. It's been a pleasure.

Best of luck to Becky with sorting your real life shit out. Always remember the vast majority here are right behind you. f**k all the haters.
All the best for the future.
Becky, if you read this, I just wanted to add my thanks. You have obviously put a hell of a lot of work into the STCC and 99% of people enjoyed it - a lot.

Obviously there was some serious sh*t going on behind the scenes. The YouTube videos were vicious but I'm not going to say any more because it'll start an argument again.

Thank you for your efforts.
Quote from The Moose :
I cant see myself playing a lot of LFS now, but when i do i hope i will come across drivers such as Sparky Dave, Swiss Tony, Lord Blaster, Bravus, Viper(RUS) and all the others i enjoyed such close,clean racing with over these last three months. It's been a pleasure.

I hope you do keep playing. With LFS there tends to be the "server of the moment" and that can change quite often (recently and for quite a while it has been the STCC servers, for the road cars at least, because of the longevity the points system offered). But rest assured, there will be another, or several others, particularly if people run them in a similar way (albeit without the points system), as they hopefully will. They'll attract the regulars like you and I and countless others, and the racing will be just as good. I never visited the STCC servers for the points anyway (half the time I was in a car that couldn't even score points ), I visited them because I knew what I was going to get. So whether it's a Conedodgers server, a dSRC server or the new OLT pro racing one (lots of others worthy of mention I'm sure), the good servers are still going to be out there, they just need as many of the good guys like you to keep them populated
Sad sad very sad.

I too only raced STCC servers because those were drivers wanting to race. Yes, there was some carnage but thats to be expected as new drivers join and some are just jerks.

I hope the closing is temporary and that it was not decided by one person; one person cannot run a league this big on their own. When you have the level of interest the STCC has, you need an organization. If Becky wanted to step down for a bit, thats understandable. I wish her a speedy return but I dont see why someone else directly involved with the STCC couldnt have stepped up to keep things going. If Becky is done with sim racing as she has expressed, then pass the torch, dont kill the runner. What you lose is credibility for if it starts again...will people respond or turn away because they dont want to get burned again, especially sponsors and racers.

When your in the public eye in any community, there are going to be people that simply loath you and theres nothing you can do about it. My solution, stay out of the public eye. Use forums for announcements only, not open league discussions. If the STCC has rules set in place then those rules need to be followed, not discussed with the public on a forum.

I hope to see those servers up and running and a new broadcasts of STCC races. Form a committee, get with the program and back to the racing!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG