The online racing simulator
ty! ty! ty!

:throwrose

Cool logo
Lookin good
thank you all guys.
your effort is precious and makes lfs even better.
i just had my first race on UK-CTRA silver and gold server some minutes ago.. it was exciting

thanks a lot and keep on your great job please.

oh.. btw: pretty cool logo..

respect
bragi
Quote from SamH :We thrashed out the name that the licencing system will carry into the future, last night. The servers will very soon carry the new racing licence authority name..

Hey guys, I really like the logo. STCC or CTRA, they both mean fun to me. I'll have to join as soon as I get some free time. Thanks a lot to Becky for making all this possible in the first place, and thanks to the UKCT team for all your hard work.

Cheers!
cool logo!

and I was on a server 1a XFg and XRG and I was driving really well. the car felt fast and everything. I was wizzing my other XRGs in my XFG! have you guys done something to the cars or somthing? or is it my leather gloves? (or god pushing my car)

this new system rocks!
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :cool logo!

and I was on a server 1a XFg and XRG and I was driving really well. the car felt fast and everything. I was wizzing my other XRGs in my XFG! have you guys done something to the cars or somthing? or is it my leather gloves? (or god pushing my car)

this new system rocks!

Its still the same system as before except the name change for now... as i understand, so it must be you
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :cool logo!

this new system rocks!

depends on the track - on tighter tracks (such as SO3) the XRG looses out and on long tracks is engine makes it own
whats this? no STCC server anymore? lol.
Quote from Bontemps :whats this? no STCC server anymore? lol.

No more STCC servers, but the UKCT/CTRA has taken them over. lol.
Becky, have you ever asked for donations to help offset the cost of the servers and such? I'm sure you wouldnt get all your money back, but I'm also sure there are many people who would be willing to give at least a few bucks (and now to the CTRA), and every little bit helps.
We'd offered to help Becky finance the installation of the server in the past, but Becky refused the offer of help. Some things, you just want to do off your own back, and this is one of those things that Becky wants to do. I know how that feels, and fully support Becky's decision to refuse UKCT's "hand-outs".

When Becky's working situation is better, I thoroughly expect to see the server installed in the datacentre, and busy doing *some*thing. What, I don't know, but you can bet Becky will make it work hard and do some seriously cool things!
Curious on when the forum userbars will reflect the new logo?

Not that big a deal, but I use my userbar in other places and would like it to reflect the CTRA instead of STCC, since STCC is dead now
Probably very late but I'll make the naming suggestion nonetheless.

ULTRA : UKCT License Tiering Race Authority

(Tiering/tiered, race/racing, authority/administration?)

Kept looking at UKCTRA and thought that's so close to ULTRA
Quote from Slopi :Curious on when the forum userbars will reflect the new logo?

Not that big a deal, but I use my userbar in other places and would like it to reflect the CTRA instead of STCC, since STCC is dead now

To make the change fully, I need to talk to Victor about changing the BB code on the forum from [stcc]UserName[/stcc] to [ctra]Username[/ctra]. Because the STCC league is continuing at least until the end of the season, it's not entirely dead. Some people will, therefore, want to keep their spectator and league userbars.. a few people (out of over a million video downloaders) don't know anything about the LFS public servers, and I don't want to break the images on the forums where they use them.

To ease the migration, if you want to use a CTRA minibar, just add "ctra/" before your username, eg: [stcc]ctra/Slopi[/stcc]
EDIT: You can now also have CTRA minibars by adding the switch "mini/", for example [stcc]ctra/mini/Slopi[/stcc]
Quote from i30i3i3y :Probably very late but I'll make the naming suggestion nonetheless.

ULTRA : UKCT License Tiering Race Authority

(Tiering/tiered, race/racing, authority/administration?)

Kept looking at UKCTRA and thought that's so close to ULTRA

Argh! I wish you'd suggested that before now! LOL! Nobody else suggested anything like that, and I reckon they would have gone for it.

I can't change it now, sadly.. we've set CTRA in stone. Maybe in the future, if we relaunch CTRA with significantly different features, we'll be able to take advantage of that acronym!!
@SamH and the other guy who will be looking at the code (can't remember who you are, LOL).

Saw a bug that I'm not sure if it's ever come up. Last night an "internet" friend of mine who didn't know anything about the licensing joined the Silver and Gold server. I believe he joined in the race in the XRT during the grid setup on a race restart (not positive when he joined). He was able to join the race and started. Normal T1 mayheim caused him to pit and rejoin, which then he recieved the "you don't have a license for this car". He was confused as he didn't know about the licensing. He has no points, so I don't think he was ever on the Copper/Bronze servers. We pointed him to license.ukct.net and gave him a brief explaination of the licensing and the other servers. So, he left to hunt the copper/bronze server down.

So, the bug is, if you time it right, you can join the race (silver/gold server) if you don't have any licensing yet. Like I said, I don't know when he joined. I have a replay, but I'm at work right now, er, working, yeah, I'm working..... I'll upload the replay when I get a chance at home this evening (if I remember in my old age....)
Either a dropped packet (can happen with Insim 3, the new insim is more reliable) or it's a packet crossover because of timing in which case there really isn't much we can do at that instant - but he would be spectated at race end (EDIT: Actually I think he might get spectated at a split sector, not 100% sure). Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Also it's possible Sam setup the config file wrong on the new servers.... *wrong config file Sam!*
Grrr.. hehe! I'll check the config again Although since he caused a T1 banger, and didn't make it to the first split, pitted and THEN got refused, I'm guessing it's a dropped packet. If my stunning config skills were at fault, he'd have been able to rejoin

RIGHT config! (for once).. but I'll double-check
Quote from mrodgers :@SamH and the other guy who will be looking at the code (can't remember who you are, LOL).

Not to worry, i get the feeling that once the CTRA is in full swing, me being the one no-one can remember is going to be a blessing

hehehe
#170 - Dru
Quote from mkserve :Not to worry, i get the feeling that once the CTRA is in full swing, me being the one no-one can remember is going to be a blessing

hehehe

The 'silent partner' is always the best one to be imo

Kudos to what you guys have done over the past week to get this back up and running and filling the LFS void that otherwise would now be in place.
yes, and once our "silent partner" Mike opens his mouth, you'll know he's not the best one :P
Quote from SamH :Grrr.. hehe! I'll check the config again Although since he caused a T1 banger, and didn't make it to the first split, pitted and THEN got refused, I'm guessing it's a dropped packet. If my stunning config skills were at fault, he'd have been able to rejoin

RIGHT config! (for once).. but I'll double-check

Involved, or swept up shall we say, in a T1 banger, not caused

Yeah, he shift-S'ed out before the split, so didn't get a chance to get kicked by the system. Then he couldn't rejoin.

mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, burned to memory.
Quote from mrodgers :mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, burned to memory.

maybe it's time to change my name? anyone got £24 for a new S2 licence?

lmao!
Quote from mrodgers :mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve, mkserve,

Who? Never heard of him...

^^ Mikey

How's that for anonymity?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG