The online racing simulator
LFS Drift Edition
(35 posts, started )
Quote from March Hare :What is the limit -for the slipangle of the tire- when racing becomes drifting?

It's not the slip angle, but your goal. If you try to drive as fast as you can, you are racing.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
¿You want drifters to buy more licenses? Remove the XRT form the demo and replace it with the UF1. Keep them drifting the XRG for a couple of months and you'll see how the licenses rise.
Drifting is fun but you kids make it look gay tbh , if only we rally drivers only done it then we would make it cool again
I dont think a drift edition is necesary. In LFS you have a lot of cars with realistic simulation, so you can race, drift, drag, rally or do what you want.

The number of licenses doesn´t matter. LFS is not a game made for money, it is a game made for LOVE, love to racing, love to cars, love to tracks. Perhaps this is the reason that LFS is the better, because is not made for money, it is made by the heart, made bay people that doesn´t want money, made by people who loves racing.
Quote from NitroNitrous :LFS is not a game made for money, it is a game made for LOVE, love to racing, love to cars, love to tracks. Perhaps this is the reason that LFS is the better, because is not made for money, it is made by the heart, made bay people that doesn´t want money, made by people who loves racing.

Good point and yes, it is the passion of the devs and those that played LFS that makes a great race sim, despite of its currently flawed state due to incomplete physics, etc.

But let's face it ,the devs can't finish the project properly without continual monetary support. Last time I checked, Scawen is off his former day job and relying on LFS license income. To deny any customer that wants realistic physics AND wants to drift, drag, oval race, test drive, rally, etc is just plain stupid.

As someone here has already said, if a racing sim has evolved to a point where the physics are REALLY realistic, it effectively becomes a DRIVING SIMULATOR. At this point, one could really use the program to drive any way they want as long as they abide by the laws of physics.

Besides, a little extra motivation for the devs won't hurt.
#31 - JJ72
maybe a coupe years later drifting will become something more serious and accepted as a form of motorspot. cos right now drifting is still mostly a fad...because of the movies and the bling etc etc ten out of nine kids who say they drift are the ones who pull the handbrake going excessively overspeed into roundabouts. It just won't fit into the more professional mindset of sim-racing. Maybe a coupe years later when the fad wears away and kids have other things to get attached to we might seriously think about that.
#32 - Woz
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :Meh a Drifting Edition, i would see how that would make it some what better for drifters as judging and such would be taken care of, from a 3rd party so no biast answer can be given.
But this is LFS, if u want a drift edition, then maybe approaching a diffrent company, that could work hand in hand with Scarwen would be a better idea.

There are already a few drift related mods onliine on some servers and even mods that give scores for drift duration and angle along with a total for the lap etc.

A seperate edition for drifters? What an idiotic idea. Isn't it enough with very easy skinnable cars? It's not like there isn't enough settings to fine tune gearing, suspension and tires for drifting. So why would you want this?
Drifting is essentially a way of racing the car, pushing it to the limits. To make it realistic you'd need realistic physics and that is what LFS offers you.
Drifting edition is just waste of time for kiddies wanting 2fast 2 furious on their pc.
Quote from March Hare :When does driving become drifting?
What is the limit -for the slipangle of the tire- when racing becomes drifting?

I have always wondered about this.

I have driven on servers where there is that counter for drift points. Although I have drifted almost every corner I haven't got any points. Atleast I think I was drifting. I can hear and feel the tail sliding and I come through the corner with my front already facing the direction the track takes after the corner. But every time I loose control I get +xyz points. Go figure

That reminds me I was on a server this weekend and I got points for losing control all the time =P
...... so, that's drifting?
LFS Drift Edition already exists, just go into most demo servers running XRT@BL1R

-1 for a seperate Drift Edition.

+1 for the extra tracks and boost control though

LFS Drift Edition
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG