The online racing simulator
LFS Drift Edition
(35 posts, started )
LFS Drift Edition
After being with LFS for a little while I've found out that LFS is probably the best Drifting game ever, however LFS is not a drifting game, it is a pure racing simulator (driving/racing how ever you will put it), So my Idea for Improvement is a new edition of LFS.
A new license called LFS Drift Edition, where you are able to do some minor or larger engine modification like turbo pressure and adjustments within the core of the engine or changing parts eventually buy parts with money that you make from drifting in single player or mp.
Should fetures: Drift courses, Drift game mode and a set of well known drift cars eventually cars that resembles "real" drift cars, doesn't need to be so many.

I Think this idea would bring more people into LFS, And you would be able to make more money of it.
I would also like to give a thank to LFS.
I just love that it doesn't require a high-end computer to run it, oh and just the driving feeling with the g25 or without is just incredible, I love it.

Please note. This is just my opinion, And there has probably been threads like this one before, however I felt that making a new one would make it easier to set a perspective.

Cheers Zin.
#2 - joen
This would only raise the workload for the devs which is high enough as it is developing one version. So it would slown down development of LFS in general.
Besides, no seperate edition is needed for drifters as drifting does not require special features.
Also, I think it would attract...the wrong kind of crowd.
So that would be a no.
pointless thread. LFS is for everyone who has pair of hands feet and brain to drive or in your case drift. its as real as you could get
#4 - Ian.H
Quote from anik360 :pointless thread. LFS is for everyone who has pair of hands feet and brain to drive or in your case drift. its as real as you could get

LFS is progressing about 1/500th of the pace of just about every other game out there.. if anything, they need more people to work on the current LFS so that we can have S2 final before hell freezes over let alone start working on another game.

Regards,

Ian
#5 - psdf
What the... :elefant:
Quote from anik360 :pointless thread. LFS is for everyone who has pair of hands feet and brain to drive or in your case drift. its as real as you could get

Oh, yes but you'll have to think that instead of just being what it is.
It would get more gamers to the community as well as giving the game two perspective.
Not really, it would just cause more people to argue and MORE people to stereotype drifters as idiots. Keep the game how it is, but just add more cars/tracks/options.
I wouldn't like that. We'd have so many noobs complaining about everything. Like: "omglol why doesn't this shitty game have spoilers and spinners". ATM it's quite lovely to drive in online, if someone crashes into you, he will most probably say sorry orsmth if it was his fault. And that's good. I don't think that NFS noobies would have the same attitude. They would just be bossy and stuff.

Ofcourse it would raise the number of S2 license holders I think, but that's not the point. LFS is as it is. No need to change it into another game. Only minor ingame addons like new cars, tracks, physic changes etc.
+1, if the drift edition license holders would also get a new forum
Quote from frokki :+1, if the drift edition license holders would also get a new forum

Hosted somewhere in LACNIC / APNIC IP space so I don't accidentally reach the site :banana:

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Mr-Zin :It would get more gamers to the community

What makes you think we want gamers in LFS? I much prefer serious racers.
Quote from frokki :+1, if the drift edition license holders would also get a new forum

The drifters should get their own forum - called a "hall of shame - threads that failed premoderation".
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :What makes you think we want gamers in LFS? I much prefer serious racers.

LFS becoming 'popular' is the worst thing that can happen! LFS becoming popular in the serious sim racing world to serious sim racers (or drifters, or draggers, just as long as they aren't the 1337 type), however, is positive!
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :What makes you think we want gamers in LFS? I much prefer serious racers.

I'm afraid LFS already have too many "gamers", and it's getting more and more of them every day..
Lately, browsing for some good combos, i found too many Oval servers, i found 4 or 5 servers with KY Oval and LX4 for god's sake.. and more and more people tend to crash in the middle of the straight, and not using left/right looks..
We need more of the realism features, like the false starts, etc, and we need them now!

Gamers/Serious Racers it's all the same.

You're gaming when you're racing within this game, so there.
#16 - joen
Quote from Mr-Zin :Gamers/Serious Racers it's all the same.

You're gaming when you're racing within this game, so there.

There IS a big difference. Sim racers may be considered gamers, but gamers aren't necessarily sim racers. Most people who play LFS definitely have different preferences, priorities and mentality than people who mostly play games like NFS.

I agree the typical gamer doesn't really fit in LFS. LFS isn't the type of game that needs millions of players as it is a niche product.
#17 - Woz
If drifting is about skill they why do you need all the pointless fast and furious "fluff" like engine tweaking, stupid bolt on plastic and neons.

LFS is a sim, NOT a game. These are different things.

If the cars ar the same the drift battle becomes a battle of skill as everything else is even. If you want a more powerful car have a battle with a more powerful car and if you are both using the same car again its a true battle of skill again.

BIG BIG -1.

I want LFS finished in its pure form without pointless "fluff" being added to slow down dev work. The FIRST thing you hear in the drift bible if that you DONT need to do overhaul you car to drift. Its actually skill, not the car, that makes a drifter.

Go figure.
#18 - Woz
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm afraid LFS already have too many "gamers", and it's getting more and more of them every day..
Lately, browsing for some good combos, i found too many Oval servers, i found 4 or 5 servers with KY Oval and LX4 for god's sake.. and more and more people tend to crash in the middle of the straight, and not using left/right looks..
We need more of the realism features, like the false starts, etc, and we need them now!

Current test patch brings false starts (Great fun) and also NO car reset
Quote from Woz :Current test patch brings false starts (Great fun) and also NO car reset

I know, i follow the test patch section but i didn't know that NO car reset is there, i see people saying that now with reset, cars gets repaired and you are given new tires? If no car reset will be in the Patch X, than big to Scawen..
IF reset is on the car does get repaired but its an option for the server admins now.

I guess most serious admins wont allow resetting anymore.
#21 - Woz
Quote from zeugnimod :IF reset is on the car does get repaired but its an option for the server admins now.

I guess most serious admins wont allow resetting anymore.

I think no reset is the default and you have to enable for what Scawen calls a more Arcade mode where the car is repaired.
I don't have anything against a specialized drift edition of LFS as long as it is done in the LFS spirit of things (i.e. physics and realism gets priority) for drifters seeking excellent car physics.

The only problem is that LFS remains a very unfinished project ATM and many important physics remain unimplemented, from proper turbo modeling and powerbands to 3D suspension geometry (i.e. dynamic toe aka bump steer). I just don't see the point of overworking the devs when they are still working on the current (unfinished) product. But when the physics are close to finalization, then this would be a great idea for serious drifters seeking realistic drift simulators.
#23 - JJ72
Again, what in physics and realism should we tweak for a specilized drift edition? This world has one universal physics for both racers and drifters, and the nanny on the way to supermarket. As long as we are given higher power rear wheel drive cars the drifters will have their toys to play with (hell they even drift mustangs and vipers so I guess the notion of drift specific machine is hardly a problem).

All other thing about drifting is cosmetic in my opinion, coloured smoke, flashly rims and vinyls etc etc
-1,000,000,000,000 because drifting is crap and i can't drift.
When does driving become drifting?
What is the limit -for the slipangle of the tire- when racing becomes drifting?

I have always wondered about this.

I have driven on servers where there is that counter for drift points. Although I have drifted almost every corner I haven't got any points. Atleast I think I was drifting. I can hear and feel the tail sliding and I come through the corner with my front already facing the direction the track takes after the corner. But every time I loose control I get +xyz points. Go figure

LFS Drift Edition
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG