The online racing simulator
Bronze statue fight escalating in Estonia
(78 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :Your parallel isn't quite right.

I know. I tried to keep it simple.

Basically it was, first USSR occupied Estonia, then Germany occupied Estonia, then USSR kicked out Germany and called themselves "liberators" while staying for 50 years.
Quote from Becky Rose :Your parallel isn't quite right. It would be like the Nazi's invading, and America then invading to kick out the Nazi's, then America staying on afterward and putting up airbases and taking tribute from the government, probably under the guise of some more politically acceptable term like 'lend lease' or something like that.... They'd send us off to right in two distant wars at the same time

Hmm, sounds familiar... You're talking about the Netherlands??
Quote from Kalev EST :Basically it was, first USSR occupied Estonia, then Germany occupied Estonia, then USSR kicked out Germany and called themselves "liberators" while staying for 50 years.

So you've been liberated 3 times in 5 years. Lucky guys!
It's got to be tough living right next door to a bully. Slap an ASBO on 'em that'll sort 'em out.
Ok, now things are looking quite bad, this morning on Russian news, the Russian government announced that all transit going through Estonia will be cut off, and all diplomatic affairs will be stopped. And they claim to have enough reasons to announce war on Estonia.
Yeah, I just Can't belive it, I just can't.

Russia is nothing. They are trying to look for problems and they are way overreacting. Estonia's population isn't the highest, you know.
Crickey, sounds like you guys have been harbouring statues of mass destruction . I hope those grasping at power and wealth come to their senses before pitching the people of your two countries in to war.

An announcement like that makes me wonder if the old Soviet Union is going to play count the missiles with the West in the not too distant future.
Hmmm... no way Russia has the balls to declare war on NATO country, no way they would be so insensible with their thinking. Although they have been saying all kind of worrying stuff lately, about that anti missile base which is about to be placed to Poland for example. They obviously are falling back to the Soviet times. And Mr Putin is trying to become the ultimate ruler and dictator. Can you remember how the previous crazy dictator with own dedicated youth organization ended up messing up the world?
Quote from Blackout :Hmmm... no way Russia has the balls to declare war on NATO country, no way they would be so insensible with their thinking. Although they have been saying all kind of worrying stuff lately, about that anti missile base which is about to be placed to Poland for example. They obviously are falling back to the Soviet times. And Mr Putin is trying to become the ultimate ruler and dictator. Can you remember how the previous crazy dictator with own dedicated youth organization ended up messing up the world?

This kind of thing has already happened once in Estonia, in 1939 when Estonia had been independent for 20 years and was internationally recognized, we got occupied and no one did nothing about it. We're kinda "disposable" just to satisfy Russia.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :This kind of thing has already happened once in Estonia, in 1939 when Estonia had been independent for 20 years and was internationally recognized, we got occupied and no one did nothing about it.

The Estonian people did something about it - during the war Estonians fought in the uniforms of the Red Army, in the uniforms of the Waffen SS, and in the uniforms of the Finnish Army.

That history needs to be dealt with. It is clear that the 'independence' of Estonia was fractured in a terrible way by WW2, but in these late capitalist, multinational days, the independence of all nations is nothing but an illusion. Estonia must deal with this fact, in the same way we all have to. Its just a shame that you have to do it whilst having a nation run by gangsters as your nearest and largest neighbour.
#35 - Ziil
If I remember correctly this thing started a few years ago when drinking in public was banned and the people who were mourning there were asked to stop drinking.
Quote from Blackout :Hmmm... no way Russia has the balls to declare war on NATO country, no way they would be so insensible with their thinking.

They don't have to wage war. They only need to bully their neighbours into submission. Stop delivering oil and gas. Take a small incident, blow it up to a diplomatic row and threaten with economic sanctions. Put up a display of military power. Befriend other, bigger countries (e.g. Germany), so the small countries realise that they're alone.
Quote :And Mr Putin is trying to become the ultimate ruler and dictator. Can you remember how the previous crazy dictator with own dedicated youth organization ended up messing up the world?

He's not crazy. He just knows how to play the power game. (And he likes to.)
If things get really shit*y I'm out of this country for good.
New pictures..
Attached images
IMG_5153.JPG
IMG_5339.JPG
IMG_5352.JPG
Perhaps the biggest problem with those russians is, that they think this is still a soviet union country. They don't want to agree with the fact that we have been independent for 16 years. Even at the live reports, russians were yelling "FREE ESTONIA" (in russian ofc). I can't understand wth he wants? Estonia is free, just not for rioting russians. It was even sad to watch them breaking Tallinn. But oh it was good to watch them getting pounded on the ground.
at this page you will vote for estonians

Go to this page http://www.eesti.portal.ee/index.php

scroll down ,

eesnimi - surname
perenimi - lastname
and select mees or naine ( man or owman )
and click on the left box "Olen eesti poolt!" - vote for estonia

Please vote people , thankyou
Got my vote. Er.. Putin wont send someone round to my house with a polonium shot will he?
I personally think that Russians still think post-USSR countires should still be dependant on Moscow.
They stopped the development in our (Poland) country for over 40 years. They commited genocide on tens of thousand of our scientists, lawyers, soldiers and officers, teachers and aristocracy shortly after beggining of war in Katyn (Borus Jelcyn confessed to this crime as well if anyone does think its not true). Thus terminated most of higher class of society, who would have to rebuild our detroyed country and form goverment. they wanted our country dependant on them, and we actually were when pro-russian government was ruling our country. They bacame furious after declarations of democracy of ours and numerous other post-USSR countries who were fed up with russian "liberation".
It actually isn't about the bronze solider, it's the wish to vandalize and demonstrate russian power. What is going on at the moment is pretty much the war between estonia and russia, with out the russian soldiers...
Personally, I don't believe that those nightly vandalists are russians, who have been living here for the past few years
More likely provocators sent by Moscow, who are paid to do what they are doing at the moment, in order to prove that they have been there..

:irked:
Also, what i really dislike, is those 13-14 year old russian kids who call us facists, Im 99% sure that they don't know sh*t about Estonian history.
The problem is that Russia still think they are an international "tour de force" - they aren't.

Estonia has my vote, and Mr Polonium 210 can't track me down because it thinks I am the wrong nationality

Putin's running out of time if he wants to do anything stupid, his term ends in '08.
Abaut 200 busses came from russia to estonia to vandalizm here...
and russia pay theim...

:chairs:
Just like Latvia, screaming to be free not knowing how to live free...
I wish it was still USSR...

Edit - before you start calling me a comunist and such I will explain

Latvia had a lot of factories, a lot of investments were made by the USSR goverments, LATVIA EVEN HAD OWN CAR MAKER
RAF 2203 1987

now that the USSR has been destroyed Latvia got happily free.
all the factories got closed (RAF cars, a good share of Radiotehnika (radio technics) factories, RRR and many more), only the RVR remains half dead (the Riga's Train Coach Factory), it's 16 years of freedom and they even made ONE NEW TRAIN, which is a facelift of the old one
that's the old one, we still got a lot of theese

and when that happened a lot of people lost jobs, but nowadays, the only people who can get decent jobs are either GENIUSES or NATIVE LATVIANS
(I was up for a job interview, I got 4 years of experience, and great recomendations from 2 previous bosses, and I lost the place to a yesterdays schoolboy with no experience at all just because he's a native Latvian)

and that's not all, somehow all the Native Latvians feel free to come up to you and start pushing beef like "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING RUSSIAN IN OUR PROUD AND FREE LATVIA"

but the main thing is, which I like , Latvians got so proud and so careless that when they understood that they cant make it on their own, they joined another Union, the EU!
got some money (even though they still didnt manage to meet all the requirements of the EU), and guess what? I'll tell you a story
a year back I was working in Mercedes Benz car center.
one day I heard that EU has invested some large amount of money in to Latvia, and that this money will be spent on something useful, a week later we got a brand new Mercedes Benz w221 s500 lang with all the extras with goverment number plates, and a pass to Riga's (the word is excaping me, in latvian it's Rigas Dome, and it's the building where all the politicians work), it came to install the security alarm.
When EU finaly will be tired of it, and ask for some money back Latvia will scream for freedom and call EU occupants.
just like they call me, the guy who was born in Riga, around 40 years after the WW2

that's my point of view
Quote from squidhead :Just like Latvia, screaming to be free not knowing how to live free...
I wish it was still USSR...

Then go to russia
Quote from squidhead :I wish it was still USSR...

You wouldn't be posting to internet forums then...

But obviously you have no respect for country you live in! In your post you just repeat what Russian propaganda is telling you, i.e. (Soviet) Russia liberated Baltic states and also brought culture etc. All lies...
Nations: A geographic division which defines who you pay your taxes to. Also used in sport.

Let me tell you a wee lil' story... Back in the Dark Ages there was a tiny little land mass with lots of little thiefdomes on it who all paid tithes to a Kingdom in London run by some guy called Henry. Henry paid tithes to the Vatican, but he didn't like that so he kicked out the Vaticans and formed his own church and printed a bible in the dialect of his Kingdom. The rest of the 'country' was then taught 'English', via the bible. Years later the whole of the little land mass would be called Great Britain.

Now, years on, a little hilly bit has it's own 'national' language, and a different flag. They pay their taxes to London still, and London builds sports stadiums for them and a big office where they tax motorists and stuff. They call this place Wales.

A little South of Wales is a place called Cornwall, 7 people in Cornwall also want 'independence'. They want to officially adopt the Cornish language again just like the Welsh. They want this because those 7 people identify as being 'Cornish' (I dont know the difference, maybe they tell 'corny' jokes ).

Nobody knows how to speak Cornish, and because it is such an old language even if they did there would not be words for anything (This happened in Welsh too, when it was reintroduced they had to make up a load of new words).

National identities are nothing but bad news. The sooner this world is one nation with one flag the better.

Unfortunately nobody wants to live in 'one nation, one flag' unless it is their nation, and their flag.

This is because people are proud of who they pay their taxes to.

In any reasonable society such people would be called wierdo's. Unfortunately, the world is not reasonable. National interests are little more than the power games of an elite few, the rest of us for some reason blindly follow them.

If you want a cause to fight for, I saw we make a flag called 'Common Sense' and salute that instead. It's geographic boundary is planet Earth. The idea falls over when we have to figure out who we pay our taxes to...

Bronze statue fight escalating in Estonia
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG