The online racing simulator
Bronze statue fight escalating in Estonia
(78 posts, started )
Quote from Albieg :Hence, I stay out, since you like attributing me characteristics I can't recognise while changing (to my eyes) the original denotational notion of Nation, resorting only to connotation. This is far from being a correct use of the term.

Since you prefer to judge what is and isn't correct without actually bothering to explain either the 'correct' denotation of the word, nor its primacy over the connotation, its perhaps best to leave it.

EDIT: I'm not even sure, now i reread it, how you came to the conclusion that I am "resorting" to connotation... I thought I was clear... however you define nation (figuratively or literally), there has to be an associated economy, whether its cultural or otherwise...
Reply to Albieg

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

---
Nice thoughts really but I'd be trillions of times more interested to get peace around earth, get some food on the table for everyone and make life worth living for more people

[/OT]
Quote from squidhead :Yes, I do, fluently.

Quote from squidhead :but on topic - WHY CAN'T I DEMAND SAME RIGHTS?
now tell me one thing
Youre born in Estonia and have parents who lived there all their life and you live there still
and somebody is born right next to you, on the same day, by other people, who lived next door to your parents and their child lives there still
WHY cant HE have same rights as you do?
because his parents arent Estonians, and his grandfather fought in a war he didnt want to participate in?

Well it's simple really... Why? Cause the law says so. If citizenship goes by jus sanguinis, then there are reasons for that. Citizenship is not one of human rights.

I'm quite sure it's not much different than here in Estonia, and you can ASK for citizenship and get it proving you can speak language, know something about laws and culture and are loyal to Latvia. Have you problem with any of that?

Anyway, your position as second generation immigrant is of course unfortunate, but you cannot blame latvians for that...

(All this assuming you don't have citizenship - as what other rights you can be demanding?)
-
(RudolfR) DELETED by RudolfR

Bronze statue fight escalating in Estonia
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG