The online racing simulator

Poll : What other race games do you drive? (multiple choices)

RBR
no other
other
RFactor
GTR
GPL
NetKar
nascar
NFS
Forza
EA's F1 + mods
Colin McRae
Rally Trophy
Driver
Quote from X-Ter :And what about Nascar Heat, and especially mods for it. That sim keeps me just as busy as LFS does. And it's a heck of a lot better than anything coming from EA

haha! funny that you mentioned that

i actually worked/played with heat up until 04, IRF was the shit
now only rFactor, allot of mods im testing atm, and tracks so that'll keep me busy for a while =----)
here's the nkp screenie, where's the sunglasses?
Attached images
nkpc.jpg
Quote from al heeley :here's the nkp screenie, where's the sunglasses?

I think the problem lies in the fact there is no variance, its the same level of brightness everywhere, makes everything look like its in 2d

also the texture repetition and skewing in areas are atrocious, from a track makers perspective lol
I voted other: BUS DRIVER! XD

reminds me of the building madman lives in ... it must be made from plutonium or something

Fair enough, it does look kind of bright compared to this. Guess I'm just used to it It never bothered me until you mentioned it The add-on tracks ain't all that bad.
Attached images
nks2007040603103768sy9.jpg
nksBus Stop.jpg
Interesting that lots of people are using RBR.

Devs really should work on the "spoken" rally pack...
Quote from DodgeRacer :i actually worked/played with heat up until 04, IRF was the shit

IRF was your baby? I never got it to work, but many in the oval community praised it a lot, and I can understand why. Heat needs another tool like that to connect racers these days.
I've been playing a fair bit of Test Drive Unlimited recently, it's very arcade like in the cars handling, but its a fun game to play. Its kinda like the need for speed games but without the full on ricer / neons crap which is what turned me off nfs games along time ago.

Car handling physics are pathetic, but its fun to race around a massive island with 700km or so of open roads and traffic
Quote from DodgeRacer :also the texture repetition and skewing in areas are atrocious, from a track makers perspective lol

you can blame Geoff Crammond for that
I race nothing ? Else than LFS
Quote from The Moose :you can blame Geoff Crammond for that

Aaaah, Geoff is my hero, he came up with Revs when i first bought a PC (A BBC micro) Revs rocked big time - max throttle and the rest of the team. I played it for hours, then he came up with GP, which was so far ahead of its time, and then stunt car racer I love geoff
Yup, GP was the start of my serious addiction with racing Sims. The man is a god
does GP4 work on hamachi? that would be sooooooo cool
I tried a bit of RBR and ..... i .... was ... dissapointed, in how the physics were ... :sadbanana:

Graphics weren't that good too, i ran it all on high ..

I think Rfactor is good...

I just love the sounds on it, I only play it for the historical rally cars

Other than that LFS ALL THE WAY!!! FTW!!
Quote from X-Ter :IRF was your baby? I never got it to work, but many in the oval community praised it a lot, and I can understand why. Heat needs another tool like that to connect racers these days.

I was an admin on there, we had a really tight community on there of racers, those were neat days, now these communities are so large it seems a little less..personal I suppose
Quote from squad_e :I tried a bit of RBR and ..... i .... was ...dissapointed,in how the physics were ... Graphics weren't that good too, i ran it all on high .

I think Rfactor is good...

Just you sit down and don't move....the men in white coats will be there soon
#69 - JTbo
Quote from The Moose :Just you sit down and don't move....the men in white coats will be there soon

RBR and rFactor are almost as good in physics, RBR sure has better gravel physics and much better tracks that give you great immersion and illusion of rally driving, but physics lack, anyway great rally game, lot of fun
Quote from JTbo :RBR and rFactor are almost as good in physics, RBR sure has better gravel physics and much better tracks that give you great immersion and illusion of rally driving, but physics lack, anyway great rally game, lot of fun

Yup, i was only pulling his leg.
I must say the physics may not be perfect in RBR, but there a whole lot better than rTractor, by a country mile.
RBR does indeed give a great immersion and a fantastic illusion of driving, where as rTractor lacks both of those key elements. imho of course
#71 - JTbo
Quote from The Moose :Yup, i was only pulling his leg.
I must say the physics may not be perfect in RBR, but there a whole lot better than rTractor, by a country mile.
RBR does indeed give a great immersion and a fantastic illusion of driving, where as rTractor lacks both of those key elements. imho of course

I think those are as good/bad really, good immersion and illusion of rallying does not come from physics, but from track design in RBR, imo.

For me RBR feels like game that does not actually simulate anything, but more like how old car games were, when certain action caused certain behaviour, however it is very well done so it does not trouble too much.

I'm very sure most mix good rallying feeling it gives to simulation, how come car is so different on different surface, surely not only tires are affecting that, but how car act in overall, specially when you drive slowly cruising or some other way what is not meant?

Again I must say it does not make it bad rally game, I greatly enjoy from it.

But it is like fighting against windmills as 99.9999% thinks total opposite
I still wish that somebody would "hack" the physics in RBR so the modding could show potential for some other cars too (read: Group B) than only relatively boring Group N or S1600 FWD cars. Until that happens it's so limited what the modders can do. I'm hopeful because RBR has already 3rd party multiplayer mode and just recently it got the first full size special stage made from scratch
I've only purchased LFS, rF and recently GTL. Was playing rF quite a bit after I got it and tried many mods, but have recently been playing this a lot less as I saw GTL in the bargan bucket for £8.

The feel on GTL imo is better than rF so far, but it also suffers from that "point of no return" when you spin out. Also, watching the car from TV view is terrible, the car doesn't move realisticlly like it does in LFS, there seems too much shake. In the cockpit it's pretty good though.

Still gone back to LFS though and it's the one sim I've played more than any other PC game I've picked up.
#74 - Woz
I normally play LFS only.

Every now and again I will dig out RBR for a rally session and on those rare time I dig out the NKP demo using the replay hack so the AIM works.

I want to like NKP but the lack of people online, no real demo and NO TINTOPS kills it for me. I end up doing a few laps then think... "nice but pointless untill they sort the issues"
Quote from al heeley : Aaaah, Geoff is my hero, he came up with Revs when i first bought a PC (A BBC micro) Revs rocked big time - max throttle and the rest of the team.

Gloria Slap FTW!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG