The online racing simulator

Poll : What other race games do you drive? (multiple choices)

RBR
no other
other
RFactor
GTR
GPL
NetKar
nascar
NFS
Forza
EA's F1 + mods
Colin McRae
Rally Trophy
Driver
what other race sims do you play (regularly)?
Interested to see what else the LFS community takes for a drive....
How often is "regularly"?

I've barely touched LFS more than once a week for the last month, there are a couple of others I like to spend time with but I don't have time to do it "regularly".

Sod it, I've voted anyway.
#3 - CSU1
GTR and will only play the first CMR on the PS1! great game
Other: NONE!!! The rest just plain suck.

Well, GPL's alright, but graphically it's not great and it's got some weird FF bug. RBR's good too but I'm not into rally all that much so I don't play it.

TT Superbikes (PS2) is another good one, but again, I don't play it regularly.
#5 - joen
Other: none

I very occasionally fire up nK but not for long. And rFactor when I want to try out some mod just out of curiosity but it mostly ends after a couple of laps.
ror but thats not exactly a race sim
Other: none.

Got RBR, but don't really play it.
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Shouldn't there be "none" option as well + nascar?

EDIT: GPL rarely and nk pro even rmore rarely.
Quote from Hyperactive :Shouldn't there be "none" option as well + nascar?

Silly me, forgot the nascar series. Poll options edited.
None for me. If I messed with other racing sims, it would be NR2003. If I'm not racing LFS, I'm flying FS9 at www.wspilots.com. I take a break from LFS for a month or so now and then to do the flying thing. It's a monthly hoplist tour sort of thing, so when I fly, it's for roughly a month break from LFS.

This winter, it was racing approximately every other night. Hockey season, which they play nearly every other night. Three games left to the playoffs. Go Penguins!!!!!!
Go on..have a guess what i put....

Yeah...NetKar pro and RBR
GPL

Once the Cortina mod is released, adding saloon cars to the already generous array of open wheelers, Live for Speed will really have to work hard for its place on my laptop.

(actually it probably won't 'cause LFS is way more fun online for me at the moment...)
hmph...now the votes went to the wrong category?
#14 - JTbo
I did launch rTractor today as I found out my home track was released some time ago so I could do some more testing of my car's virtual version, would just need more time for that, bigger and better than lego builder, but still just that building platform for something, not so much of driving that interests me in that

Also Netkar Pro I drive now and then, it has some nice touch but driving itself becomes not too exciting quite fast so I just run a little bit of it at time. But still I return to it time after time, maybe new patch will change driving to be bit more interesting as then there would be one car that is not open wheeler.

LFS is only one that I can play long and still find driving interesting and fun as I feel I'm not fighting to crack how to drive game better but how to drive better, only one that feels natural, only cars feel too stable at high speeds and limit situations perhaps bit easy, however AFAIK these are things to be changed in future so looks really good.
#15 - Jakg
LFS, RBR and TDU, although atm BF2 is taking mre time than all three combined!
Quote from Jakg :although atm BF2 is taking mre time than all three combined!

What's that, the Sauber turbo?
I used to play GPL a lot, but more recently I've only been playing LFS. I tried out the demo for RBR and enjoyed it, but not quite enough to purchase it. Not sure why I haven't bought it really.
I wouldn't call Need For Speed a "racing sim" It's soooo arcadish....

BF2 means Battlefield 2 lol..

RBR looks promising ...

LFS is the one for me.
Hotlapping in GPL offline, Far too dangerous ATM to race online.

Mosport+ Ferrari... still amazing.
Just LFS.

I want to try other games, but my graphics card is a little out of date (Geforce 5700 FX) so I get things like real bad graphics, low FPS and controller lag with anything exept LFS. Wierd, i can run things like HL2 and Counter Strike Source on full settings, all fine. But things like Rfactor or GTR2 run crap.
#21 - Jakg
Quote from Bob Smith :What's that, the Sauber turbo?

no its the Sauber with the "V" style front wings - i'm giving you a similar gesture atm
Quote from JohnPenn :Hotlapping in GPL offline, Far too dangerous ATM to race online.
Mosport+ Ferrari... still amazing.

Its getting embarassing how many years I've been playing GPL. It's taken a huge leap forwards today finding the rastdll hack to run it at 1680 x 1050 on the new widescreen monitor. With the new track texture addon packs it looks fabulous and runs like silk!
Really enjoying the close battles of the 65 mod at the moment, till I can relearn how to keep the bigger cars on the road.
#23 - J.B.
GTR 2 when I want to drive real tracks. It's the only ISI game where the physics don't put me off completely.
you forgot gt legends I'd vote none considering i hardly play any other game than lfs lol
Hey, Al, interesting poll idea.

Sorry to be a nit, but it seems strange to me that something like NFS gets a whole category, but a number of very distinct games get lumped in under "nascar". My point being that NR2003 and the other Papyrus games were very respectable sims, whereas a lot of Nascar games by EA and other companies were not.

Also, if NFS is in the list, surely the old drunken standby "Gran Turismo" deserves to be in the list?

Cheers.

(For myself, the answers are RBR and GPL, but I am stretching the definition of "regularly". I used to play NR2003 a lot but LFS has replaced it in my affections.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG