The online racing simulator
LFS IRC Race Commentary
(11 posts, started )
LFS IRC Race Commentary
Hey guys, i just got an idea,

There are so many league races nowdays, and its great, and it is always fun to read the race reports after. But wouldnt real-time live reports be better? LFS has support for 23 slots, inlcuding 3 spectators, im sure that wasnt just a miscalulation by the Dev's...they must be there for a purpose! So maybe we can gather a group of talkalot spambots who just...cant stop talking and stick them in the 3 spec slots, and watch the race, and do updates on the IRC. Yes i know there is LFS Spectator, and that does a great job, actually there is nothing stopping you from using this here, i often use it to spec my teammates in the leagues, but i think it'll be soo much more fun doing it with a group of others, and make witty comments about incidents, or perhaps some taunting and bashing here and there!

Anyway i created a channel called #lfsracing on gamesurge (same server as LFS official channel)

What you guys think? and anybody want to nominate some talkative peeps?
I think it sounds like a great idea. I used to to that on Oval servers sometimes, and people seemed to really enjoy it, they didn't want me to stop commentating so I could race LOL
Hello,
we´ve taken it even one step further. We run a public ventrilo voice chat server wich is open to everyone. When we do our events its required that the participants are on our voice chat - even if they dont have a mic, they still are able to hear our commentary. Its always great fun to put a voice behind someones name. Text chat is really obsolete these days, and honestly too slow to quickly tell someone to obey a rule or to provide a decent and fun commentary.
We have alot of fun on voice chat and we've met loads of nice, friendly people. Sometimes there are up to 30 people from all over the world.
Give it a try, http://fragmaster.net/vt
See...ermm hear ya there :-)
the point of this is to entertain the non-racing guys, if u have 30 people chatting on 1 server, it might become laggy for the drivers
Honestly, no lag...
I just got a 1mbit dsl connection and i experience no lag with 23 players on the server and at the same time even more on ventrilo. Works awesome. As it always did in the past 3 years on various multiplayer games.
Besides, we got seperate channels - so racers can be easily seperated from the rest of the crowd.
Dont be skeptical unless you tried it. Most people say they never could have imagined how much fun it is.
If you want to experience lag free voice chat at its best... please visit us - even if you dont (want to) have a microphone. Dont be shy!
#6 - Misko
Two big events are on tonight. Nations Cup Group E is running thier 3rd event right now, can be watched on LFS Spectator, and in 45 minutes time (10pm cet) Group B will start their first event (without spectator). Sorry about the late notice.
#7 - Misko
Group A in LFS Nations Cup will have their 3rd event in 3 hours time:

1 am in Mexico City
8 am CET
6 pm in Sydney

Aston National with XF GTR, 1 lap qualifying, then 8 laps sprint race, then 1 hour feature race.

Serbia and Montenegro, Australia, Czech Republic, Mexico and Spain, each represented with 3 drivers.

Live IRC commentary is arranged on Chensta's channel #lfsracing on gamesurge. Gu3st will be your commentator.

Be there and lets see how it'd turn out.
well during late S1 we had a thing called LFS Radio i still have the same idea to bring that radio alive again, but im stuck atm because i cant seem to find anyone to host a shoutcast server but atm things are looking bright again and hopefully LFS Radio will be alive and kicking once again, but til then u have to cope with other things
Quote from Syxxpacc :well during late S1 we had a thing called LFS Radio i still have the same idea to bring that radio alive again, but im stuck atm because i cant seem to find anyone to host a shoutcast server but atm things are looking bright again and hopefully LFS Radio will be alive and kicking once again, but til then u have to cope with other things

Why not piggyback on http://www.radiosimracing.com? They already host one LFS broadcast, and there's plenty of gaps to fill in their schedule.

Quote : Live IRC commentary is arranged on Chensta's channel #lfsracing on gamesurge. Gu3st will be your commentator.

I was there, but I didn't hear much commentary.
Quote from cannonfodder :I was there, but I didn't hear much commentary.

Yeah, Guest had some unfortunate "technical difficulties" with his hardware, as I heard after, so no show this time, sorry.
Quote from Lola Popeye :Hey guys, i just got an idea,
So maybe we can gather a group of talkalot spambots who just...cant stop talking and stick them in the 3 spec slots, and watch the race, and do updates on the IRC

Where's tristan when you need him?

LFS IRC Race Commentary
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG