TEST Patch V5 (compatible with V)
(204 posts, closed, started )
Scawen: Be aware also that Vsync can cause issues on SLi systems. Best case scenario, Vsync just doesn't work, worst case, all timings go to hell. I'm not sure of the exact cause of this, but I will do some research and give you any useful links I might find. Just wanna give you the heads up. I know Vsync looks good on paper, but I have very few aplications where it actually does any good. I never noticed much tearing in racing sims anyway... I'd rather rely on some minimum sleep value to give the cpu and system a breather.
-Willi- : this is with FOV of 120 I guess?

Yes I have noticed the trees popping up at BL, when I use a lod that seems fine for cars, there is too much tree popup and I've made a note to check if that should be balanced a bit. I think they have a needlessly low draw distance and I can increase that to an acceptable value.

Is it only trees? Or do you have something else popping up as well, that didn't pop up before?
Quote from atledreier :Scawen: Be aware also that Vsync can cause issues on SLi systems. Best case scenario, Vsync just doesn't work, worst case, all timings go to hell.

Yes, enough bad reports already that I've changed my mind about putting that as the default option.
Quote from -Willi- :I'm running LFS on 3 Monitors - 3840x1024.
Seems that LOD is now (V5) lower than before (V2) - if I switch to 1280x1024 it looks better (tested on BL1r) ...
I have set all LOD to max - but there is still popups and trees changing size and form as I get nearer

Any way to increase LOD more than actual max values?

according to your posted formula I would need a LOD of 1.2:
0.6 (my old LOD) * 3840 / 1920 = 1.2

Have you tried lowering mip bias? Might not stop the popping up, but the sizechanging...
It's strange how much issues some of you have with VSYNC. It would be interesting to see poll about how many people realy have problems with VSYNC and what sort. I for example have always used VSYNC with all my games and haven't had an issue in years because of it. But I guess it's better to leave it off by default in LFS if people gets problems for using it and it's easy to switch on if you prefer to use it.
Scawen, I went out of unlocks because of my bro, and it seems that I'm stuck with Demo again

Account: Riders Motion

thx
Quote from 510N3D :After reading yours and some other peoples replies i have noticed you and probably the others too have got a AMD dual processor. Maybe there is the problem but i may be wrong. Im curious if you guys have done any of the steps explained here in order to install the processor properly. In case you follow those steps, please let me know if theres any difference after it. I already did everything and im not having any problems at all with the newest patches. But as already said, it could be the reason but i might be wrong.

Good luck & cheers

Thanks

Done all that, apart from installing AMD's optimizer, as plenty of people have had issues with it. I seemed to have solved the freezing here by turning off VSync, but we'll see.

( BTW, not sure what effect this would have in LFS when using VSync, but I have the DirectX ' render frames ahead ' value set to 1 instead of the default of 3 )
I did some testing with my SLi system, and I definetly get the double buffer syndrome with v-sync enabled.

Fraps benchmark:

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
2605, 65925, 37, 75, 39.515

Care to guess my screen refresh rate?
LFS stats! v1.49
During the replay:

190, 191, etc...

End of replay:

btw, replay is made with V5...
Quote from Riders Motion :Scawen, I went out of unlocks because of my bro, and it seems that I'm stuck with Demo again

thx

you dont post here, you email the devs

Just wait a few days until friday and an extra unlock will be yours
Quote from Riders Motion :Scawen, I went out of unlocks because of my bro, and it seems that I'm stuck with Demo again

thx

how can that happen?

since i own lfs, i unlocked it two times and i own it since over a year now...
Quote from nesrulz :During the replay:

190, 191, etc...

End of replay:

btw, replay is made with V5...

Already been posted earlier and i have posted in on the LFSStats thread.
Quote from birder :Already been posted earlier and i have posted in on the LFSStats thread.

OK!
Any chance someone can mirror this patch somewhere else and make it something other than 7-zip..... I cannot unpack this file and have had similar problems with other 7-zip archives..... even though I have 7-zip installed ?!

Also available here.
Problem solve, I got a friend to lend me an unlock
Quote from Riders Motion :Problem solve, I got a friend to lend me an unlock

This is the TEST PATCH thread. Stop posting your woes in here, it is for test patch discussion only.
Wasn't sure weather to post this here, but it's only happened since v5.

I had LFS lock up on me for the first time ever tonight...black screen with looping sound.
And twice tonight I've just teleported mid race and re-appeared behind where i started...unable to drive off again as i keep teleporting from one side of the track to another. Better seen than described i think....have a look.(I start at the back of the grid)

I've never seen either of these things before v5
Specs fwiw AMD2400xp/ati9700pro/1 gig ram/WindowsXP
Attached files
MP wierdness Moose.mpr - 352.8 KB - 167 views
Quote from birder :LFSStats still works fine you just get the messages, i will contact the developer

Thanks Birder & Scawen, Excellent, I can still use stats!
Quote from Scawen :-Willi- : this is with FOV of 120 I guess?

Yes I have noticed the trees popping up at BL, when I use a lod that seems fine for cars, there is too much tree popup and I've made a note to check if that should be balanced a bit. I think they have a needlessly low draw distance and I can increase that to an acceptable value.

Is it only trees? Or do you have something else popping up as well, that didn't pop up before?

Scawen, I have noticed pop-ups since V5. Not sure if it is related to the changes in the test patches or my PC as I have had pop-ups previously but not this bad.
Seen them at South City, light poles, tress and some signs. Also at Westhill but was just one thing the white lines on the road near pit entry/exit.
Love the new patch Great Work!!!

the only thing i dont like so much is the PLPIT ect :/
Sounds are fantastic !! Well done DaveWS, a great effort

Bug report: Since I can't remember when (sorry, though it is definitely in V5) I have been experiencing a critical issue when playing Multi-Player replays. Basically, when I attempt to view a replay the game will freeze (no movement on the screen, sound loop). This happens sporadically, and typically when I change the view or cycle through drivers.

I can't exit to my desktop at all despite pressing the Windows key and CTRL, ALT + DEL. Also, I generally see significant stutter and hear sound looping even when the game does not freeze.

At the moment I am unable to view more than about a minute of this replay before I have to restart my laptop: http://mondaynightracing.com/s ... 007/f8f/r10/f8f-r10-3.mpr (this one was saved by another driver)

Any suggestions?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V5 (compatible with V)
(204 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG