The online racing simulator
List of car manufacturers - Who Owns who?
(29 posts, started )
Hi all,
I think some months ago there was a thread discussion that also showed a list of manufacturers showing, who had brought who, who had a big percent of the other etc

all my searches on the forum have drawn a blank perhaps my search terms, 'car manufacturers list' car manufacturers ownership? etc are not speciifc enough? But I did try a search before posting

While I know Google is my friend and I'll probably find a list there, the actual thread and discussion was for once on topic and quite interesting, so the thread and list url / reference would be great

Thanks in Advance
ShannonN
Wikipedia is your friend

Ford:
Ford
Jaguar
Land Rover
Lincoln
Mazda (controls 33.4%)
Mercury
Volvo (cars only)

BMW
BMW
Mini
Rolls-Royce

Renault
Renault
Dacia

Volkswagen
Volkswagen
Audi
Bentley
Bugatti
Lamborghini
SEAT
Škoda

Fiat
Fiat
Ferrari
Maserati
etc

Toyota:
Toyota
Lexus
Scion

GM

Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
GMC
Daewoo
Holden
Hummer
Opel
Pontiac
Saab
Saturn
Vauxhall

DaimlerChrysler
* Mercedes Car Group
o Maybach
o Mercedes-Benz
o smart
o Mercedes-AMG
o Global Electric Motorcars (GEM)
* Chrysler Group
o Chrysler
o Dodge
o Jeep
o DeSoto (discontinued in 1961)
o Eagle (discontinued in 1998)
o Plymouth (discontinued in 2001)
* Commercial Vehicle Brands
o Freightliner
+ Thomas Built Buses
+ Sterling Trucks
+ Western Star
o Mercedes-Benz
o Mitsubishi Fuso
o Dodge Trucks
o Orion Bus Industries
o Setra
* Engine Brands
o Detroit Diesel
o Hemi engine (see also Chrysler Hemi engine)
o Mopar
o MTU Friedrichshafen (sold to EQT in 2006)

For the most part, those are some of the pretty major companies
And luckly the company I work for own them all ( except GM and Volks)

I thought Ford had sold off Land Rover ( or they are going to )
Are you kidding me? Where's Honda and Nissan lol those are hugh as well.
Isn't Nissan under Renault? [edit: an alliance it is] As far as I know Honda is still an independent like Toyota.
Quote from Infiniti :Are you kidding me? Where's Honda and Nissan lol those are hugh as well.

Here ya go...

Honda:
Honda

Nissan:
Nissan
Infinity (think cars rather than audio, Infiniti, and maybe you should have known that, LOL)

I couldn't tell you about that Nissan/Renault alliance though...

Quote from Fordman :And luckly the company I work for own them all ( except GM and Volks)

The company I work for doesn't own any of them, but makes the bumpers, seats, doorpanels, headliners, trunk liners (the boot for all you guys outside the US ), um.... footrests I think, headrests, and, um, oh yea, fenderseals (for sound insulation).

So, Fordman, what are you? Ford mechanic, dealer, manufacturing, assembly line, CEO of Ford?
Quote from mrodgers :CEO of Ford?

Are you kidding me? Ford wouldn't be able to afford an S2 licence!
Just some clarifications

Quote from mrodgers :Here ya go...

Honda:
Honda
Acura

Nissan:
Nissan
Infiniti (think cars rather than audio, Infinity, and maybe you should have known that, LOL)

I couldn't tell you about that Nissan/Renault alliance though...

The company I work for doesn't own any of them, but makes the bumpers, seats, doorpanels, headliners, trunk liners (the boot for all you guys outside the US ), um.... footrests I think, headrests, and, um, oh yea, fenderseals (for sound insulation).

So, Fordman, what are you? Ford mechanic, dealer, manufacturing, assembly line, CEO of Ford?

Quote from undertech :Just some clarifications

Ok, if you want to get picky, then fix your fixes in the parenthesis of my quote. I was addressing Infiniti the poster, which his name is indeed Infiniti.

Hmm, I was sure that Infiniti was the audio equipment and Infinity was the car. I stand corrected.

Acura, DOH! :doh:
porsche is owned by volkswagen
Quote from nikimere :porsche is owned by volkswagen

That's wrong.

It's more the other way around, as Porsche holds ~19% of all VW shares
Quote from XenoWolf :Are you kidding me? Ford wouldn't be able to afford an S2 licence!

ford above all!!!!
Quote from ATHome :That's wrong.

It's more the other way around, as Porsche holds ~19% of all VW shares

Ah.. wow, i always thought it was the other way round... thanks!
Quote from nikimere :Ah.. wow, i always thought it was the other way round... thanks!

I could be wrong though, but Wiki should be a more or less reliable source for such kind of info.

But as they write on Wiki, Porsche even has 2 seats in the directorate of VW.
Quote from battle :ford above all!!!!

THe geniuses who decided to sell off Jaguar. Their only/most profitable part of the organisation. Not to mention the most stylish....
well jaguar only makes concept cars, that's why theyre not as profitable as they could be...
basicaly someone needs to tell them that when you sell a car you get money for that
I noticed aston martin isn't on there. who, i think ford used to own, but just sold, not sure to whom though.

also, doesn't lamborghini fall into the Porsche-VW group?

and Mitsubishi was left off the list. they are mostly independant, but do collaborate with the Daimler-Chrysler group.
Renault owns Nissan...nearly nobody knows that.
Thanks guys but I don't agree that a wiki is at all reliable as its fed by anyone
and to Fordman C'mon ford isn't the company or the manufacturer it was in the 70s though it still produces 70's style cars ( gas guzzling slow pokes )
Remember what FORD stands for Fix Or Repair Daily
In Oz Holdens rule

ShannonN
Quote from Tweaker :Wikipedia is your friend

For the most part, those are some of the pretty major companies

Though GM was buying Chysler minus the Jeep brand?
There's a lot more to it than that. For example, it has "Toyota, Lexus, Scion" Toyota owns an 8.7% stake in Subaru, as well as many other companies. You'd expect the 2nd largest car company to have more than 2 subsidiaries, wouldn't you?
Quote from glyphon :I noticed aston martin isn't on there. who, i think ford used to own, but just sold, not sure to whom though.

also, doesn't lamborghini fall into the Porsche-VW group?

and Mitsubishi was left off the list. they are mostly independant, but do collaborate with the Daimler-Chrysler group.

Yea Aston have just been bought by a consortuim(sp?) which include a middle eastern rich buisness man, a canadian or american rich buisness man and David Richards of Prodrive chipped in but if i understand correctly its independent of Prodrive. Im glad to be honest, one of the most upseting things for me is looking at and aston or jag and seeing fittings and buttons out of a ford mondeo in it, i know it makes things cheaper but thats nott he point of a prestige car.
Quote from ShannonN :Thanks guys but I don't agree that a wiki is at all reliable as its fed by anyone
and to Fordman C'mon ford isn't the company or the manufacturer it was in the 70s though it still produces 70's style cars ( gas guzzling slow pokes )
Remember what FORD stands for Fix Or Repair Daily
In Oz Holdens rule

ShannonN

Don't you mean: Found On Road Dead

Or for those Ford lovers: First On Race Day
Quote from squidhead :well jaguar only makes concept cars, that's why theyre not as profitable as they could be...
basicaly someone needs to tell them that when you sell a car you get money for that

Do you get all your best lines from Top Gear ?
Quote from squidhead :well jaguar only makes concept cars, that's why theyre not as profitable as they could be...

Sorry being British I don't find that funny!

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG