The online racing simulator
Very nice sound pack, such a massive difference to the default sounds.
@ DaveWS

Thanks for this one! very good sound
Great sounds Dave!
XFR is brutal!!
But i got alot of cliping with XFR, i watched a replay, Shift A menu was on, and i got constant message "clipping" in red letters displaying in the top right corner.. Should i adjust something, the sound volume.. or something else?
I also noticed alot of cliping and distortion in XFG, LX6, XRT.. some ear blowing beeeeep..
I downloaded the V2 test patch and your pack from that first link "download here"
Is it my crap headphones that are causing this?
I'll try tomorrow with my speakers...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Great sounds Dave!
XFR is brutal!!
But i got alot of cliping with XFR, i watched a replay, Shift A menu was on, and i got constant message "clipping" in red letters displaying in the top right corner.. Should i adjust something, the sound volume.. or something else?
I also noticed alot of cliping and distortion in XFG, LX6, XRT.. some ear blowing beeeeep..
I downloaded the V2 test patch and your pack from that first link "download here"
Is it my crap headphones that are causing this?
I'll try tomorrow with my speakers...

If you have echo volume boost right down, there should be hardly any clipping. And if there is any, its "soft" clipping, which shouldn't be a major issue.
holy wow.... why haven't I noticed this before..
I knew there were a lot of self made sounds around, but lack the quality I seek.
This one is awesomely nice... thanks DaveWS, I'm impressed and I'm loving the sounds! yay!
Quote from StanleyCarter :I knew there were a lot of self made sounds around, but lack the quality I seek.

Who needs the rest, when you've got the best?
Thanks again DaveWS

BTW: The Latest SoundPack(V3) for LFS(V2) worked fine on my not yet updated LFS(V).
Quote from DaveWS :If you have echo volume boost right down, there should be hardly any clipping. And if there is any, its "soft" clipping, which shouldn't be a major issue.

I lowered the echo boost, and it's better now, thanks!
I'm lowing the XFR so much!! It's absolutely awesome!
Just wondering if we could get the older packs for download? I happen to prefer some of the older engine sounds and I don't have them anymore since I overwrote them with the latest pack.
Quote from Davo :Just wondering if we could get the older packs for download? I happen to prefer some of the older engine sounds and I don't have them anymore since I overwrote them with the latest pack.

Try not to make that (deleting) mistake again. I have 3 soundpacks, named DaveWS, DaveWS_1, DaveWS_2.
Great sounds!
My BF1 sound (V3)
Have reworked my BF1 sound to fit in with Dave's brilliant soundpack. I hope you like . (Set echo boost to zero).
Attached files
BF1_teeemboV3.eng - 385.2 KB - 221 views
Quote from Renku :Try not to make that (deleting) mistake again. I have 3 soundpacks, named DaveWS, DaveWS_1, DaveWS_2.

Great advice, I'll try to rememebr that. Care to share the older packs then?
Davo got the link to the first V patch soundpack via PM. I won't post it in the thread, might cause unnecessary confusion. I believe the "second" pack that I have contains a bug, but because I never delete anything , I still have it.
:wtf2:

How did I not see this before? I can't wait to try this out tonight!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo ::wtf2:

How did I not see this before? I can't wait to try this out tonight!

Yeah should try that too, the new s2 sounds is one of the things that turns me off. Haven't driven LFS for a couple months, I hope this is really as good as it "sounds"!

btw, you're from calgary too?!
Quote from XtremePsionic :I hope this is really as good as it "sounds"!

It sure is. Although BBT isn`t going to like it much, as there`s no clutch damage sound...
Quote from unseen :Although BBT isn`t going to like it much, as there`s no clutch damage sound...

:gnasher:
:boing:
lol thats just mean but soo funny
:jawdrop:

:wow:

I cannot beleive it. This has breathed some new life into LFS for me; what an amazing change. If figured it would be "notably better" given the feedback in this thread - I didn't forsee such a dramatic transformation, I'm speechless!

The F08 - WOW. Pulling out of the pits with small amounts of throttle at lower RPMs sounds AMAZING, then when you floor it all hell breaks loose! I love it! LX6 sounds just horny.... FZ5 is still bit weak, but still far better - every other car is REALLY improved alot..

I know it's old news, and yes I live under a rock, but hey... I'm still blown away. These sounds should be used in official LFS even now, it would be a lot better if new buyers got to hear this without using the forum (not everyone uses the forum obviously). I should've clued in when Scawen said he really liked them a while ago!

BTW Tweaker - the RB4 is not a flat 4; it's inline
:jawdrop:
Fantastic work Davews!
Liked all the sound you made, absolutely a must to download!
Now a long file renaming session expect me!
No more original sounds!
I'm having another stab at improving the sounds, as I know more can still be done.

One thing I have been doing is creating my own engine pulse's from some white noise from random places. Bare with me, LFS must use the waveform somehow, so every new pulse I cut and edit, sounds totally different. Using a macro to help, I have made 40 different engine pulse file's, which can be loaded using the Shift-A menu. I have lost some motivation atm, but I know some of those engine pulse's are bound to be an improvement on the current one's I have made.

Basically what I'm asking, is if anyone is willing to try them all out, and tell me if any of them are an improvement.

Edit: If you don't have a clue what I am talking about, ignore this post.
Attached files
Engine Pulse's.zip - 247.2 KB - 369 views
I was skeptical, but this really put a big smile on my face and put the fun back in driving several of the cars.

Two shining stars of the pack, IMO, are the UFR and LX6, which I just don't want to upshift!

Wonderful, simply wonderful.
this is just proof that the lfs community can create some good stuff, it also proves that the developers are either stupid or just wankers, cause they arnt harnessing the talent on these forums, for anything, I know of people that can map and do all the graphics for tracks 200000000% better then what the devs can do yet they dont ask, and its not even about the money for the people on the forums, they just want a better game, its just frustrating that we have a game that has so much potential but is being limited to 3 stupid **** developers, being anal, and saying we will develop it our way, thats fine but get some help and get this thing finished already ****!
Quote from seinfeld :this is just proof that the lfs community can create some good stuff, it also proves that the developers are either stupid or just wankers, cause they arnt harnessing the talent on these forums, for anything, I know of people that can map and do all the graphics for tracks 200000000% better then what the devs can do yet they dont ask, and its not even about the money for the people on the forums, they just want a better game, its just frustrating that we have a game that has so much potential but is being limited to 3 stupid **** developers, being anal, and saying we will develop it our way, thats fine but get some help and get this thing finished already ****!

Man, you need to turn down your freaking vitriol a few notches.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG