The online racing simulator
I know I've set the volume way louder than suggested, but I DON'T CARE!

Drive till those ears bleed, this is such a blast! :faint2:
DaveWS - Just to give you a mental boost, you can see here how your soundpack is dominating my server:
Attached images
ownage.PNG
Great job!!! Now I love all your sounds!!!:lovies3d:

Smith’s server is will have difficult times
Just downloaded the sounds and sure like them. Thx for the work, DaveWS .

I do get some clipping even with the car sound set to 4, though, but as it's not audible as far as I can tell, it's okay, I guess. I haven't tested them with a bigger field of cars, yet, so I'll have to see if that causes noticable clipping.

Thx again!
Quote from Bob Smith :DaveWS - Just to give you a mental boost, you can see here how your soundpack is dominating my server:

There is a flash setup-guide?
Yeah, it's been available in PDF and Flash ever since it was finished (WIP versions were released as Word documents).
Ohh god this is very nice man.....i´ll use that all the time
Great soundsets, thanks alot! Now I finally can drive the "little ones" again without feeling like getting a cold
Tys
I didn't thought that cars in LFS could sound like that with so short samples, impressive :O
The samples are less than 0.1 seconds long, if I remember correctly, but it's the real time adjustment of the underlying sample that's the clever bit. And this is only the first itteration of the new sound system, so I think it can only get better. And if Mr DaveWS keeps making his version of the pack for each sound engine patch I'll be a happy man.

RIP Samples, Long Live Real Time!
Quote :it's the real time adjustment of the underlying sample that's the clever bit

It's a great start- I've chucked CSR for now because I really like DaveWS's sounds.

I think that before patch V, there wasn't really too much (if any?) real-time variation in the engine sounds (or maybe it was just way too subtle for my abused and aging ears), apart from simple variations in pitch. The idea and the potential was there though, of course. Now I can hear all kinds of funny things going on, the sound is much more colourful and nuanced than before. This new (improved) system is starting to open up and I'm really curious to see what happens next!
the lx6 sounds like a really bad boy
but the "_silenced"-sound of the lx6 won't play if i hit the limiter... maybe a bit too much clipping, eh?
nice work. i send you a pn for mirror link.
Great work DaveWS.
RB4, RAC, XRG and XRR are still need some tweaks, because they are not as rough as the others.

Excellent addition to it, is your skid soundpack.
Sounds very good to me. I especially like the LX6, the FO8 and the FZR. XRR (my personal love) lacks a bit of roughness I think. But it's 1000 times better than the default. Thanks!
brilliant sounds, as far as i tested.

The UFR sounds, like i thought it had to sound, if this car was for real. Like a tincup full of extacy.

Same goes for the XFR, rough and mean, makes me grab the steering wheel even harder.

I love those sounds!!
Big THANK YOU here. Very very good sounds, really a new quality added to LFS as far as I'm concerned.

Also thanks to the more exposed gear whine in some cars I started to appreciate that the devs really did a good job with it! Just a proof that the devil lies within the details. (I hope this saying works in English too, as I translated it directly from Polish )
Quote from szyszek :Just a proof that the devil lies within the details. (I hope this saying works in English too, as I translated it directly from Polish )

It certainly does work in English - The Devil is in the details is a well known phrase here.
I`ve been using these since they went online, and upgraded all of them to the v2 versions when they went up.

A large part of what I do for a living is provide sound effects/music and loops for games, and Dave has certainly done an excellent job with the current sound engine/tools available. Minimal clipping for nice beefy sounds. I`ll personally give the guy a large bag of double choc-chip cookies for the v2 release, as he`s saved me working on it.

Some things could be improved, mainly the overall engine volume balance between individual cars, but I can`t get the time just now to work on it properly..
I've tried your sounds DaveWS, version 2.

First I tried them on my dads PC with some ordinary PC-speakers. And I must say it sounds great and very realistic also what is a great achievement. A huge improvement.

However when I tried them on my own PC, connected to a hifi with B&W speakers, they sound odd. The resulting sound is somehow completely different. This is without using any EQ what so ever.

After comparing them A->B with the original LFS sounds I must honestly say that, on my hifi, the originals are better/more realistic.

It seems that with good hardware you can allready hear more detail in the original sounds.

They do sound great however on average PC speakers.
Sound great on my expensive headphones/speaker set up

Yeah i also agree with 2 posts up, the volume difference between standard cars and gtr's etc is far to different, i have to turn my overall volume down with keyboard for some cars
Quote from keltern :All I need now is backfire.. proper backfire!

Is Becky's mod still usable btw? Or does it need to be fixed for the V-patch?

Or maybe DaveWS is interested in making something?

Still works... But the backfiring sounds are awful, so I don`t like to use it much =/
MillerM - weird, I've got B&Ws too (never tested on anything else) and the new sounds seem much less muffled and more like an engine to me. Must just be a personal preference thing.
Quote from DejaVu :Yeah i also agree with 2 posts up, the volume difference between standard cars and gtr's etc is far to different, i have to turn my overall volume down with keyboard for some cars

Ok, well I did that to try and make the sounds more true to life. For example, Formula 1 car is going to have a much louder engine noise inside than say, a VW Golf.

There are volume sliders in the shift+A menu anyway if you find them too loud / quiet.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG