The online racing simulator
Quote from srdsprinter :Bummer. I hadn't really experienced that much of a slowdown before.

I was just throwing it out there, as I wasn't sure if there was more elements taken into consideration for the new sounds than stock ones.

I think my X850XT must be straining then. Obviously some slow-down due to CPU limitations, 2.6GHz x2 AMD, but probabaly a good bit due to 1680x1050 with full AA and AF.

I'm aiming to get a 8800gts/R600 equivilant in a couple of months. I doubt it will pull any miracles, but full 16x AA and 16x AF should look impressive, and any extra fps are always appreciated. Maybe it'l stay above 40fps with that and a x-fi soundblaster...

Thanks for the thoughts.

there is something wrong with your computer buddy
I have a dual core 2.4 ghz amd 2 gig ram, 7800GTX and at 1680 x 1050 i was pulling 99fps with max aa and af

I got a 8800GTS now have 3gb ram same cpu same resoloution 16x aa 16x AF and still get 100, in fact i limited the fps to 100

if your only getting 40 odd fps, check your power supply, ram timings, voltage ect as thats very down on performance

pm me your brands of everything , including ram, model no. ect of everything Ill help you configure things better im a IT tech
no one deserves to play lfs at 40fps that would be torture
all in favour of getting the devs to put his name as the cheif sound editor for this game raise your thumbs

dave seriously deserves a lot of respect, for creating something that is keeping the fans interested over this spell of incompatable patching/testing on the devs department, he just kept me playing this game for another few months
thanks dave, now if we can get DX9 graphics and some better tunabilty, id be blowing my load hint hint someone
Yeah, well done fella, great work!
Quote from seinfeld :there is something wrong with your computer buddy
I have a dual core 2.4 ghz amd 2 gig ram, 7800GTX and at 1680 x 1050 i was pulling 99fps with max aa and af

really? i have an overclocked 3700 which is running a little faster than an FX57, 1 GB of DDR400 ram (stock timings) and a mildly overclocked 7950GT, and lots of custom textures yet i can only run with 4xAA and 16xAF otherwise things bog down with a full grid
Yeehaw. I thought these should be default! One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for a community.
Sweet, got your name in the credits Great work.
Congrats Dave Nice work and the V3/V4 sounds are tremendous. Real beefy now
Congrats on getting your sounds included in the patches Dave I feel that once a new official release of LFS with your sounds included comes out they will play a significant role in new user's first impressions of LFS Truly something to be proud of
Thanks guys, it is appreciated.
Great work DaveWS! Very cool to see your work included in the test patch - What an honor!
Hey!
First, awesome sounds and really fun that they are in LFS as a standard now! Congratulations!

But, there's one thing that annoys me, I don't have the old sounds left and I would really like to have the DaveWS_2 for FZ50. So if anyone could upload a pack that contains it (I think it should be version #2 (I only find posts where it has been updated to V3) or just the file, I would be really happy!
Thanks FEL!
Good job DaveWS, and congratulations again!

I'm still using CSR (blended at low volume with your new synth sounds) but from memory the CSR sounds I'm using are all yours as well! So, thanks again. And keep up the good work!
CSR is still good for backfire and brake squeal sounds
Your brakes squeel? Need a touch of oil, mate.
A minor niggle for the MRT sound: At high revs there is a low-frequency oscillation, a bit like the chirping of crickets. (Though at Fern Bay this adds to the atmosphere )
DaveWS:

I think the shifting sounds should be a lot louder especially in the big GTRs. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XtZ08JmHXg: listen that Aston DB9 downshifting, very loud "CLONK, CLONK, CLONK". Of course there's a difference that's those are seq gearboxes and GTRs in LFS have H-gate manuals... but anyways. I think when Scawen next time touches the clutch/gearbox sim, big GTRs will turn to sequential immediately.

edit: I forgot there's no separate sound for up/down shifting, damn.

How are you going to update this pack in the future? Only with official LFS patch releases or more regularly? I hope FZR/FZ5 & BF1 are still first things on the to do list, probably the hardest ones to get sound right.

ps. Flat shifting really pisses me off. I hope something will be done to that in the next physics patch. That revvvvvvvoooeeeiiinngg sound that comes when flat shifting is real turn-off now, it really ruins the engine note.
Quote from deggis :DaveWS:

I think the shifting sounds should be a lot louder especially in the big GTRs. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XtZ08JmHXg: listen that Aston DB9 downshifting, very loud "CLONK, CLONK, CLONK". Of course there's a difference that's those are seq gearboxes and GTRs in LFS have H-gate manuals... but anyways. I think when Scawen next time touches the clutch/gearbox sim, big GTRs will turn to sequential immediately.

edit: I forgot there's no separate sound for up/down shifting, damn.

How are you going to update this pack in the future? Only with official LFS patch releases or more regularly? I hope FZR/FZ5 & BF1 are still first things on the to do list, probably the hardest ones to get sound right.

ps. Flat shifting really pisses me off. I hope something will be done to that in the next physics patch. That revvvvvvvoooeeeiiinngg sound that comes when flat shifting is real turn-off now, it really ruins the engine note.

Yeah I think I will increase the shift volumes for the next patch after watching that video.

I've fiddled with the BF1 again, but the sound engine is too simplistic atm to for that car to sound more realistic.

I agree with the flatshifting, the cars do sound much better if you lift between gear changes.
BF1 sound
Quote from DaveWS :I've fiddled with the BF1 again, but the sound engine is too simplistic atm to for that car to sound more realistic.

Agreed it's quite limited, but I think my effort (maybe more through luck then anything) has some good things about it - I prefer it anyway .

Please download and comment, if you like.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=386596#post386596
Quote from teeembo :Agreed it's quite limited, but I think my effort (maybe more through luck then anything) has some good things about it - I prefer it anyway .

Please download and comment, if you like.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=386596#post386596

All the edits for the BF1 I have heard so far are still terrible to be honest (not targeting yours don't worry :razz, after listening to some more real F1 vids today. Atm its all about personal preference as to which one sounds best for each person. I am not at all happy with my own sounds for the BF1, but hopefully it can be developed more in the future.

It's good that people are making an effort though.
off power volume too high?
The sounds of LFS since patch V is drastically better than before, thank you DaveWS

But does anyone think the off power volume now is too high? I mean shouldn't the engine be much more silent when no throttle is applied? I see 'increase throttle off volume' in the list of changes earlier and I wonder if there is a reason for this particular change (I kinda think it should be decreased instead but maybe it's just me :shrug
yoo
im from calgary tooo :P
shh :shhh:
Sorry for the huge bump but could someone please make a working link of this sound pack? Or maybe people could try mine (see signature)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG