The online racing simulator
I haven't been able to watch any of the GP yet, but cannot wait to get well aquainted with the couch for the afternoon. I always love the first GP of the season. New drivers / liveries etc...
Quote from Renku :MTV3 Max? I have to start watching F1 from Estonian TV now, if I want to see it live..

Yes, it's a rip-off as you only have two channels and the other one is for kids. But no other way because I don't have access to Estonian TV as I'm too far from the coast. Would have been fun listening the commentators in Estonian though
We shouldn't discount Felipe Massa, I think he'll be a tough competitior this year. Everyone's on the same rubber too, so it should be an interesting grid for tomorrow :up:

Anyway, right now pit lane is damp as there's been light rain falling this morning (it's stopped now though). The wets are on standby. It's still quite cool & overcast so the sound's bloody good (I'm just a few miles away from the track so I'll get stereo from the TV and RL tomorrow ). The cool thing is, dear Murray Walker is in town for the race and is doing pit lane commentary for our local Channel Ten coverage! It's great to have the master down here :up: It's also great that when the race is broadcast tomorrow, we get our local guys calling the race and that means no bloody James Allen shouting and twatting about all afternoon

Several guys have done check-laps this morning but noone's done a flyer yet so no times are up. There's about 40 minutes left this session so we'll see what happens. Bummer is, I have to go out now so I'll miss the whole day. Crap!

Enjoy
lol I have never been able to stand the finnish commentators, they are like meneeeee Mika, meneeee, ah shit, Mika is at home changin dipers. Meneeee KIMI !!!!!!
#30 - JTbo
Google and get TVUPlayer there is one sport channel, hmm was it star sport anyway there it might be possible to see F1 live.

I think that you need pretty good connection to get even semi decent quality, though.

I'm interested from results sure, but not so keen to see race live as it is bit boring because those too big wings and all.
Kimi in the pole!!!
Yaaa! Kimi and Ferrari go well together. McLarens were quite quick, not enough though. Bit worrying to see Massa having problems, gear box apparently. Kovalainen was a slight disappointment but he has had some problems this weekend and not that much time on the track. But oh my was Honda horrible, not only their car looked like a awful shirt from the 80s (looked much better in the press pictures) but they were sloooooow, and the overalls the grew had were so sad and looked cheap. Green is slow, and Super Aguri is faster. Well, their speed is going to drop when the season continues as small teams just don't have the resources to keep up with the development, but great result for them considering they just started last year. Anyway, a good exciting quali I think, going to be a interesting race!

Quote from JTbo :
I'm interested from results sure, but not so keen to see race live as it is bit boring because those too big wings and all.

Oh please, go polish and have sex with your Volvo

And once you are done with that, here are the results.
At press conference, Kimi was his usual (where is the "iceman" smiley..), all what came from Alonso was excuses . Heidfeld was just happy to get 3rd.

KIMI FTW :eclipsee_
But, Kimi smiled at the press conference, twice!
Quote from Blackout :But, Kimi smiled at the press conference, twice!

Maybe the Italian girls gave him something to smile about before qualifying?

I think Kimi is going to do great, but my eyes are glued to Hamilton for now. His debut in F1 and he is already doing that good out of the box? I hope he can really show what he is made of this season

Super Aguri kind of a stunning result too. Honda... wow how ironic to have a lame car sponsored by the earth at the bottom of the list
Quote from Tweaker :Maybe the Italian girls gave him something to smile about before qualifying?

Hmm...it was actually the British guy in the press conference, now you got me worried
Looking at the quali there are few surprizes and few disappointments. Super aguri was like "WOW", 10th and 11th. And Sato being the better one. I certainly expected Davidson to finish before Sato but what do I know. BMWs were quite high too as well Mclarens. Renault was quite a disappointment, specially with Heikki's 13th place. Though he didn't have that many laps but he should have got into the top 10 at least. Hondas were pretty slow, Toyotas were ok, though for the money they spend they should be at least few places higher. Kimi on pole, didn't expect anything less and with quite a big margin. Bad for Massa, hope it was just the 2nd driver's luck as the number car in Ferrari has usually been quite reliable
#38 - J.B.
The top six seem to be incredibly close! Here's hoping for a great season. The way I interpreted the times Mclaren are starting much heavier than Ferrari tomorrow so who knows, maybe we'll be looking at a fight between LH and FA, similar to Australia '96 wenn Jaques the rookie came very close to winning?

And fantastic pace by BMW. Who would have guessed that the split from Williams would be the beginning of such a powerfull drive to the front end of the grid?

And I liked the fact that the green Honda cars didn't have to go into the wastefull, pointless fuel burning session that is q3. Maybe they are thinking of new ways to justify their new livery?

BTW does anyone know exactly how the whole soft/hard tyre thing works? FA used soft tyres in q3 when LH used hard tyres. What could be the reason for this? Do they have to use the tyres they use in q3 for the first stint of the race?
Quote from Hankstar :we get our local guys calling the race and that means no bloody James Allen shouting and twatting about all afternoon

I heard that. He's already rehearsed his lewis-hype soundbites in qualifying, twice, and I want him to shut up very much indeed
I wander if this might be like 2005 where McLaren ran heavier in qualifying compared to the Renault at pretty much every GP.

The first leg of qualifying was mighty close with four drivers sharing the same half a tenth of a second. It's only 4 tenths from 1st to 2nd and in this qualifying we have no idea whether that's raw pace or a little less fuel. McLaren are 4km/h slower on the straights to Ferrari.

Coulthard was disappointing Webber did a great job to take 7th.
#41 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :
Oh please, go polish and have sex with your Volvo

And once you are done with that, here are the results.

Did that already yesterday, well um. not that sex part, that would be sick

Brakes to do next and need to get new battery :P

Go Kyllönen Go, best finnish commentator ever, at least he is funny
Really quite impressed with Heidfeld and the BMW's generally. They amnaged to qualify very high, I am quite interested in their race performance. I wouldn't put it past BWM winning.

It was a shame for Massa, but atleast Kimi is up there.
Wow BMW have made a big change, 3rd and 5th
#44 - MR_B
I liked the subliminal psychology going on between kimi and fernando in the press conference. *Dig, Dig*
#45 - robt
It was funny to watch alonso in the press conference, he seemed to look like he was about to throw a tantrum at kimi.
Quote from Madman_CZ :Really quite impressed with Heidfeld and the BMW's generally. They amnaged to qualify very high, I am quite interested in their race performance. I wouldn't put it past BWM winning.

It was a shame for Massa, but atleast Kimi is up there.

What's your opinion to the Super Aguris then? Sato on 10th? :faint2:
Im quite looking forward to this now.

Quali results look great for the new season, quite amazed at the lot of them except David, he'll probarly just stroll onto the end slow as balls but still make positions.

I allways liked Sato and thought he had something, yea maybe he was a bit scary but last season it looked although he is on his way out, now he's climbed back up again. Good stuff.

Hopefully the race holds out for those who are placed pretty high up for having a slower car under them.
Quote from bbman :What's your opinion to the Super Aguris then? Sato on 10th? :faint2:

With Sato in midfield we are guaranteed some T1 action place your bets people on how many people you recon Sato will take out? 2-3 or 4?!!
this will give super aguri the boost (in funds i suppose as well) that they need and deserve. iirc they have ~100 employees, and they are mixing with bigger budget teams. Ok, im abit of a super aguri fan, but i didnt expect this at all.
#50 - MR_B
Quote from Madman_CZ :With Sato in midfield we are guaranteed some T1 action place your bets people on how many people you recon Sato will take out? 2-3 or 4?!!

Ah yes, our favourite wrecker. I bet a virtual cookie he takes atleast one person out

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG