The online racing simulator
#76 - Dru
Quote from Gunn :He did a two-stopper even though he had to use soft compound for 30 odd laps. He let Kimi past when Kimi was on fast laps before pitting. He finished 6th despite starting from the back of the grid and having to fight his way through all of that traffic. Clearly a better drive than Kimi's clean air run.

Perhaps you just didn't understand what you were seeing.

have to agree +1
#77 - JTbo
I doubt that Massa would been so high position without great pit tactics of Ferrari team.

Massa's best lap 1:27.044 when winner's best lap were 1:25.235 (second fastest was Alonso and he got 1:26.314), now Massa certainly have to had some laps where he could drive at his own pace too, seems to me he was just bit slow today. His performance was big disappointment to me, perhaps lack of motivation because of bad starting position?

Kovalainen was second big disappointment to me, spinning out several times and lacking performance.
I thought he started 16th, but seems it was from the back after all, this is what you get when you sleep over the start. Still not extraordinary though, Kimi and Schumi have won starting from the last place, although the stupid new tire rule might just do that impossible.

edit. I thought brick men don't watch cars with wings driving around.
#79 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :

Who said that I have watched that boring driving in line formation? I can read from race and save quite lot of time, actually much more entertaining too
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Kimi was his usual cold lifeless self, I just can't like the guy.

you dont like a person, just because kimi is very reserved in public?

poor poor albers...
When asked Kimi said, that the phone call was from Schumacher, but he
wasn't shure ... couldn't hear anything ( ? ) .. bad line ...

Maybe it was Schumi, and He just didn't care much of what he had to say ?

Just my own speculation though ( and I'm obviously joking )
Redbull gave David Coulthard wings!
Quote from Lotesdelere :So close to Wurz's head

Yeah I said that to my dad when watching it, was rather close!
#85 - JTbo
Quote from Lotesdelere :So close to Wurz's head

That is one reason why I don't like open wheelers, second reason is wings, those things make things quite dangerous and even small contacts/errors can have very serious consequences
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You know the other thing I found a bit odd was that Jenson was banging on about this understeer again, the telemetry showed none and Barichello was much faster in the same car. Even after they added more front wing the understeer was still there...maybe its to do with his driving style, smoothness isnt suited to F1 anymore.

nothing to do with understeer or driving style. its to do with that shit skin.
he must be embarrassed to put that thing up the front.
Quote from JTbo :That is one reason why I don't like open wheelers,

Nothing that decent roll cage can't handle
Quote from JTbo :second reason is wings, those things make things quite dangerous and even small contacts/errors can have very serious consequences

The worst accidents are usually related to tires, suspension and wings. In that order. [/guess]
#88 - JTbo
Quote from Hyperactive :Nothing that decent roll cage can't handle

The worst accidents are usually related to tires, suspension and wings. In that order. [/guess]

Problem is that with wings you have much greater speed when you loose it and after you loose it you loose also quite often downforce which makes accidents more violent.

Haven't seen any open wheeler with rollcage, not even F1
Who forgot to tell Heikki Kovalainen that it wasn't rallycross ...
#90 - JTbo
Quote from duke_toaster :Who forgot to tell Heikki Kovalainen that it wasn't rallycross ...

Sorry, I guess it was my job, but I was busy elsewhere, some pit girl demanded hydraulic lessons and missed start with that so could not remind him, must improve for next time
Bindun?
Attached images
Untitled 2.bmp
long live .bmp's!
Press 1 to vote to ban Coulthard ... lol

Why are You guys saying Massa was slow, the fact that his laptime was 2 secs slower than Kimis, doesnt mean he was slow. He had differenent tactics, he drove with 1 stop, so all the time he had a geavy car or worn tyres, no chance to do a lap as fast as Kimi.

Dont You be thinking that tyres physics for F1 are the same as in LFS

Worn tyres are slower , so you cant really go as fast over a long stint as You can in LFS.
#94 - Davo
Depends on the tyre I suppose. Kimi did his fastest lap somewhere around lap 40, which IIRC is a few laps before he pitted to go to the softer compound. So his tyres should've been shagged yet he made an awesome lap time.
#95 - Gunn
Quote from Blackout :I thought he started 16th, but seems it was from the back after all, this is what you get when you sleep over the start. Still not extraordinary though, Kimi and Schumi have won starting from the last place, although the stupid new tire rule might just do that impossible.

Ferrari decided to change Massa's engine (which means starting from the rear). His gearbox had failed which ruined his qualifying session, he would have started 16th if they had decided not to change the engine. Massa was faster than Kimi most of the weekend until his gearbox gave out.
As for Kimi winning from the rear, he has usually been quite crap in the past at performing well from the rear or from mid-field. His best performances have come when he has been at the front with no traffic.
Quote from Gunn :He did a two-stopper even though he had to use soft compound for 30 odd laps. He let Kimi past when Kimi was on fast laps before pitting. He finished 6th despite starting from the back of the grid and having to fight his way through all of that traffic. Clearly a better drive than Kimi's clean air run.

Perhaps you just didn't understand what you were seeing.

Whilst I do agree it was first thing in the morning and I was struggling to stay awake, I dont think I was so far gone that I missed Massa taking a clearly dominant car directly to the front runners in the first 20 laps or so. This is what I expected to see, if I was Jean Todt, it is what I would have demanded of a driver who wants to call himself team leader of Ferrari.

tbh, after that performance, i'd be hoping it was a one off whilst checking how water tight the contract is incase he flopped again.

He should have been 6th in the first third of the race. The car is clearly dominant, Massa clearly wasn't good enough for it.

I've never seen a top driver struggle to come through the field like that when they've had one of the top 2 or 3 cars, and Massa has the best.
Unlucky for davidson, was hoping he would get a good race, starting in 10th, but he stalled
Quote from (-Mark-) :Unlucky for davidson, was hoping he would get a good race, starting in 10th, but he stalled

Yes dam shame, but if i remember they were complaining about a dodgy throttle on there out lap, possibly the reason for the bad start.

Still, there are plenty of rounds left!
Quote from Gunn :
As for Kimi winning from the rear, he has usually been quite crap in the past at performing well from the rear or from mid-field. His best performances have come when he has been at the front with no traffic.

Japan 2005 was a perfect example of what a particularly good driver can do from near the back of the grid with a car that's up the sharp end for pace. 17th to 1st is not what I'd call "quite crap". Would you?

edit: Also, Massa only one stopped, so he had to do almost exactly half the race on the soft tyres which according to both ITV and SpeedTV were degrading disastrously after just a couple of laps. I'm not going to write Massa off just yet, for me the situation didn't allow him to fully exploit his package. What I did like to see, however, was his restraint in the first half lap from the back of the grid. I reckon if you put Massa in a car that was easily the class of the field right at the back in 2004 or 2005 you'd have seen a large dust cloud and Massa walking back in within 20 seconds of the race start.
I'd give Massa the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that it was a street circuit. If it had been at Hockenheim or Suzuka I waould also be saying that he performed poorly. In Hockenheim 2005 for example Montoya went from last to 6th or 7th in a couple of laps (from memory). And we all know about Suzuka of the same year.

Anyway move of the race was Hamilton in the first corner. Braking diagonally to the left and then goiing right round the outside. That guy can race!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG