The online racing simulator
#1 - aoun
Formula 1 - Melbourne, Australia. Round 1 2007 Discussion
Good solid thread for race discussion Always make sure that you put *SPOILER* in the title though

I am excited about this new season, and really interested in the new drivers, and new team arrangements. 100% impressed with Hamilton, just amazing!!! He'll surely do good the whole season, I think he'll be one to watch. His debut into F1 and he is already high in the charts for quick times, his testing must've really paid off.
Woohoo, it's that time of year again
I think Massa or Alonso will win this one, I would love for Hamilton to do it...and he can, but he is cursed by being British...therefore unlucky.
#5 - aoun
Should be a good round.

ps, how can i change the thread name to put *Spoilers* in it?
I am really excited for this season because there are so many things that could happen. With so many variables with new cars and new driver lineups in all the top teams, anything could happen. How will Massa compare to Raikkonen? Will Fisi be outdriven by Kovalinen? Where will Hamilton fit into things and how close can he get to Alonso? And will any of the top teams stand out or will it be a really close fight?
Go Hamilton!! First year, 4th and 3rd, awsomet stuff.
i think F1 is far to overrated now, but i shall be wishing lewis all the best

Go Lewis GO
pfffff, GO HEIKKI.
The McLaren does not appear to be fast in a straight line at all, I wonder if Hamilton and Alonso will be able to make any overtakes if they aren't on pole.
Quote from Becky Rose :The McLaren does not appear to be fast in a straight line at all, I wonder if Hamilton and Alonso will be able to make any overtakes if they aren't on pole.

The worst part as well is they can't do anything to the engine till 2010 (if I remember correctly) So they will have to work on the aerodynamics of the car. I'm still a bit concerened by this engine rule, hopefully no teams have a problem lasting 2 GPs or they are pretty much screwed for years to come
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I would love for Hamilton to do it...and he can, but he is cursed by being British...therefore unlucky.

Hey, Quicksilver, you probably only meant this as a joke, but: I think British sport would be better served by dropping the "unlucky" excuse. Henman has not been unlucky all these years. The England cricket team were not unlucky during the Ashes. It is not luck that has seen the English football team lose so many penalty shootouts. I could go on...

Hamilton looks like he might be very talented and he's certainly hard-working. They seem like good reasons to be optimistic for him.
Who is win this race ?
Who is win this race ?

Qual

1 Alonso
2 Kimi
3 Fisichella

Results

1 Kimi
2 Alonso
3 Button
They sounded great today, especially working up the rev range from low speeds. Backfires under braking are vicious.

McLaren was the most visually stunning car (to me), and I'm not a huge fan of the current Renault livery with half the car splashed with ING sponsorship.

Spent some time in the Fangio stands today on pit straight so got an appreciation of how fast they get from A to B, though found a couple of spots where we could get within a couple of metres of the barriers elsewhere on the track and saw the brake discs hard at work.

1st session was damp, wasn't until about the last 15 minutes that Webber (I think) came out on slicks. Once the teams saw he posted a time better than the current intermediate shod drivers, they all had new boots on. Couple drivers had a few moments in the greasy conditions, but no mishaps. 2nd session was dry all the way, only hiccup was Rubino parking it somewhere inappropriate, red flagging the session for about 10 minutes. Still, almost 3 hours of F1 for the day! Looking forward to Qual.

Support races include Carerras, V8 Utes, F3s, and awesome little AusCars... great racing 4 wide through some of the turns.
Quote from keiran :The worst part as well is they can't do anything to the engine till 2010 (if I remember correctly) So they will have to work on the aerodynamics of the car. I'm still a bit concerened by this engine rule, hopefully no teams have a problem lasting 2 GPs or they are pretty much screwed for years to come

No, the FIA have said that if there is any reliability issues that the teams can request to do some development to improve reliability.
O/t
Quote from Red.Eye :...AusCars... great racing 4 wide through some of the turns.

Those things are AMAZING!! Some of the best races I've ever seen have been in AusCars!
Australia really does have it's motorsport hooked up atm, shame it's so bloody far away!
Quote :It is not luck that has seen the English football team lose so many penalty shootouts. I could go on...

Absolutely true. It's that darn Portugese goalkeeper.

Quote :No, the FIA have said that if there is any reliability issues that the teams can request to do some development to improve reliability.

What's that? Your big end keeps braking? Sorry I misheard you Mr Briotore... I thought you said you found a way to shave another 3gms of the big end whilst reducing friction a further 3%.
This 3 year engine homogolation will kill some teams stone dead - it should have been 1 year total freeze not 3 year nearly total.
I was under the impression that all teams have made their engines as powerful* as possible with all costs and now use the 3 year time to make them reliable. That way you have an engine that has a lot of potential but maybe a bit unreliable at the start. Not sure though but it would sound more sensible than just making a reliable engine that is only competitive on the 1st season..

*as powerful as possible = to include as much potential for more power as possible
@ Tweak & other Americans:

What is the best channel to watch F1 live or at least highlights?

I have the Speed channel amongst others that I can't remember...but it has too much NASC....zzzzzzzz
look how fast the super aguris are. they arent fast. but they arent slow. in Prac2 they are faster than the honda team.

Now, i dunno, but concidering that the team was created in late 2005 and raced using a slightly modified 2002 chassis for some of a season, limited funds and so on. i find it amazing.
Anyone else noticed how shockingly off the pace the Honda's are?

Oh, and go Hamilton.
Go Kimi, go Heikki! Yeah!

And now I can see Formulas live on TV again!
Quote from Blackout :Go Kimi, go Heikki! Yeah!

And now I can see Formulas live on TV again!

MTV3 Max? I have to start watching F1 from Estonian TV now, if I want to see it live..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG