The online racing simulator
look, i had a Momo, and the wheel is larger, leather, nicer to hold, it feels just better, the FFB is better, the pedals are beautiful, the accelerator is nice and light and the brake has resistance, but not too much.

Since my G25 broke, ive had to do a league race with my Momo - had i have tried a G25 i would of paid £200 to have one the second they came out, its THAT good
Quote from Jakg : the FFB is better much.

Since my G25 broke, ive had to do a league race with my Momo - had i have tried a G25 i would of paid £200 to have one the second they came out, its THAT good

FFB? Whats that?

Also, you said your G25, is this a normal G25 thing where they break? Or did you just drop yours out a window or somthing?
Force Feed Back? the G25's is waaaaay better than my Momo's

My G25 has the 2nd most common problem, by the looks of things i need to send it back, but it broke on saturday, and i had the STCC on Sunday, and as the pedals still work i couldn't do it just yet!
So do they brake easyly? Is it common to find defective ones? (lemons).

I always find good barley used and refurbrished ones for around $180 USD. New is 300 USD, so thats a good price, for being barley used.

Im wondering if i should take the chance with the like-new one, or just save up for the brand new one, so i can get a warrenty and stuff.
well, out of lots of people i know from UKCT and the STCC, mines the only one thats broke

And its got a warranty, so it should be easy to be repaired
My shifter broke, whole shabang was replaced under warranty, only had to return the plugs off the old unit. Very good warranty policy IMO, although I was told they've since changed it now?

If you got a 2nd hand one, the warranty will still be valid, assuming its not been claimed against by the previous owner.

Anyone know how long the warranty is in the UK? I know the DFP had a 2yr warranty, which was nice.
Do you have to save any papers for the warrenty to work? I inherited my DFP from my uncle as a birthday gift (as well as GT4), because i used it WAY more than he ever did. This was about two years ago, and my shifter now feels very cheap. Its no problem, as i made a custom paper towel shift boot, but it was nicer before.
Im thinking of getting the g25 just wondering the steering wheel part does that attach to your desk like some older wheels do with the cheap plastic hooks or is there a better way?

Thanks
Quote from bryanviper :Im thinking of getting the g25 just wondering the steering wheel part does that attach to your desk like some older wheels do with the cheap plastic hooks or is there a better way?

Thanks

The G25 attaches really well. They are threaded grippers that you tighten but they grip much better than all the wheels I've ever had before.

You will have a problem if your desk has a nice curved top though. The unit has to butt up against the edge of the desktop so if its not straight you gotta a problem.
Quote from Gentlefoot :The G25 attaches really well. They are threaded grippers that you tighten but they grip much better than all the wheels I've ever had before.

You will have a problem if your desk has a nice curved top though. The unit has to butt up against the edge of the desktop so if its not straight you gotta a problem.

Nice any pictures of these new grippers? Also my desk is straight at least where Im going to put the wheel but I have a drawer under it where my keyboard goes now is that going to be a problem for clearance?

Thanks
Great thanks
Hi, I got a problem with the clutch on LFS.

It is not working anymore, i press the pedal and nothing happen, but in the windows it is working ok.

So I reinstal LFS 2 days ago and it come back to normal, but now it doesnt work anymore.
have you tried pressing shift+c. or maybe its control+c i cant remember...
Reverse?
Hey guys, am I the only one having problems getting the Reverse-gear in? It keeps getting gear 6 in, even how much i push it down.. Tip?
Quote from Jo-que :Hey guys, am I the only one having problems getting the Reverse-gear in? It keeps getting gear 6 in, even how much i push it down.. Tip?

common problem.... only way to fix it = get a new one.
Is there anyone at all using the clutch/6-speed shifter competitive?
Quote from stealthstorm :Is there anyone at all using the clutch/6-speed shifter competitive?

Lol, I'm thinking the same thing. Its the only way I drive now, but gets frustrating sometimes... I'm almost at my Silver STCC liscense, but I'm nowhere Near as quick as I was with my Momo Black. Learning to rightfoot brake wasn't a very easy transition.

I'm for a G25 Clutch and 6speed league!!!!
Yeah same here, rightfoot brake

I will be faster if I use the paddles or shifter in sequential but with some practise it should be possible to be good using the clutch/6 speed....and that's what I'm going to try for a while
Quote from srdsprinter :I'm for a G25 Clutch and 6speed league!!!!

Now that would be sweet. I only use manual clutch and shifter now with no aids at all, even when I know I`m mechanically slower than anyone using paddles/throttle cut, etc.

Flat shifting on the upshifts helps a lot to stay competitive. Its pretty easy when you get used to it

...and @mr_x...

The faster I get at manually shifting the gears, the worse I get at selecting reverse gear. It might just be me, but recently I`ve noticed that I`m not pushing down as much as I should to engage reverse. There`s nothing physically wrong with my G25, It`s just down to me as I get faster selecting normal gears, I`m not pushing far enough to drop into reverse properly.
does anyone else feel a small electric shock when they touch the metal parts of their pedals and their computer case at the same time? This happens to me, even when the wheel isnt plugged in the usb. Its very annoying when i go to fiddle with something behind the computer and i get a small shock from leaning on the pedals.
*Leans down under the table, groans at sore back, and gets no shock at all from the pedals/case touch test.

Nope, not here
No, and I very much doubt the pedals are electrified. It's probably your computer case that is charged, and when you connect it with the metal pedals (ground), then it discharges.
Finally getting the G25 to replace my momo+ms combo. Should arrive tomorrow. The best bit is that it's about 70 euros cheaper than a while ago, wihii
Logitech - WAKE UP!
Email to Logitech: Yea - my reverse gear hasn't worked since I got it (Christmas) can I have a replacement please?

Logitech's Standard Response: Did you check the game settings?

My Reply: Yea - I know it's a hardware problem cause it works if I hold the shifter a certain way.

Logitech's Answer: Glad to have resolved the problem!

WTF?! lol... guess I'll have to try again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG