The online racing simulator
What about tuning?
(103 posts, started )
Genius!

I want stealth paint like the B-2 bomber. Impervious to "safety" cameras.
#77 - Woz
Quote from Hankstar :Just to get back on topic a little: I don't want tuning. Or ricey mods or kits or blingin' rims. But fluffy dice - aw HELL yeah It'd be a great indicator of how accurately the g-forces are simulated.

Back off topic: Canada rocks - go Senators!

+1 for fluffy dice, but only if there are sliders to change the colour of the dice and spots
Make the dice skinnable.
I was under the impression "tuning" was modifying the car for performance reasons. What the OP describes sounds more like ricing to me.
The fluffy dice should be added to the demo!

Edit: Maybe you could get the fluffines just right with that 3D hair system they used in Monsters Inc.
Ok, i'm happy i created a populated thread, but i guess i was misunderstood. Or maybe i just used the damned word tuning... i never would
So, no bumpers, no rims, no wings, all the same cars.
The point we are discussing around is not the realism of the simulation (which is the best in my opinion) or the performances, i meant just to customize a bit the exterior look of our ride, just a little more creativity, to create more interests about our fabulous sim.
If noone wants it, probably the best thing to do is to shut up .... and drink to forget about it which is always a good thing
#82 - Woz
Quote from ScorpioGT :Ok, i'm happy i created a populated thread, but i guess i was misunderstood. Or maybe i just used the damned word tuning... i never would
So, no bumpers, no rims, no wings, all the same cars.
The point we are discussing around is not the realism of the simulation (which is the best in my opinion) or the performances, i meant just to customize a bit the exterior look of our ride, just a little more creativity, to create more interests about our fabulous sim.
If noone wants it, probably the best thing to do is to shut up .... and drink to forget about it which is always a good thing

Skins allow you complete control over the artwork on your car. It allows users to change the skins and does not require dev work. There is also an automatic download system so everyone can see your skins you create. Great system and works VERY well.

If you want anything extra for customisation of cars you have to then realise what you ask. In the LFS dev team there is just one person that does ALL the code and another person that does models etc. So if you want to be able to change bumpers and the likes it means you have to take time away from these two people as they will need to create all the models for the different cars to allow you to change bumpers etc. Then the app needs changing to allow selection of the parts etc.

So now the question becomes...... Do you want a few different bumpers and the likes for all the cars OR do you want a new cars and tracks? You see adding pointless things like changing the physical appearance of the car has this effect. Someone else put forward the idea of a few different shapes for each car but when you think this through you soon see that it is a waste of time because the model is most of the work in a new car for LFS so would you prefer a complete new car or be able to select between two looks for the same car.

With LFS you have to think about the size of the team and also what impact an idea might have on development.
You're damn right from this point of view! I didn't consider it.
For sure i'd like more new cars and tracks, or they can just use time to improve again and again this almost perfect phisic model, adding realism.
This is the right post. I have no more doubts, this thread can be closed any moment to me, thank u so much.
Forgive him, he's new, and doesnt know about the existance of the search button
Quote from squidhead :Forgive him, he's new, and doesnt know about the existance of the search button

Your a bit late...
omg I want Nawz where is teh nawz patch

I hate Ricers.
Will u forgive me? All of u? OOOh i feel relaxed now
You have obviously learned the error of your ways. Go in peace and sin no more
JU GUYZ IZ ST00PID!!!

NEONZ SAVE WEIGHT! You know why? the neons get rid of the shadow. The shadow adds more weight to the car, therefor, the neons is a great form of weight reduction.

Also, people with non-painted carbon fiber hoods are retarded. That does NOT save weight, and simply ADDS more weight. Why? Raw carbon fiber is pretty black. Black absorbs the most sunlight, and sunlight = weight. Why put a black hood on your car just to add weight? pretty silly, right?

If you really wanna save weight, paint your CF white, since that does not really absorb any sunlight at all. And if your REALLY serious about loosing weight, then a chromed mirror hood, may be for you!

Anyways, those were my tips of the day.
Tune in for next week!
no, no tuning plz.

plz don't make it like carbon 0.o (doesn't needa capital C =P)
#91 - Woz
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :JU GUYZ IZ ST00PID!!!

NEONZ SAVE WEIGHT! You know why? the neons get rid of the shadow. The shadow adds more weight to the car, therefor, the neons is a great form of weight reduction.

I am sorry but I have to correct you on this one, its a subtle but simple mistake to make.

It's not the weight of the shadow that is the problem but the way it hangs off the car and onto the track. This means you car has to move not only the weight of the car but also overcome the drag of the shadow on the road surface.
1. Everyone would once again end up with the same car parts because they work best on a particular track.

Guys forgive my ingorace plz.... what is RICE (not intended as the chinese dish) ???
Quote from ScorpioGT :Guys forgive my ingorace plz.... what is RICE (not intended as the chinese dish) ???

It's when you make a car look sporty, while it totally isn't. Purely visual add on parts which don't add to the cars speed or whatever, mostly on the contrary.

Urban dictionairy is your Friend
Dont put spoilers on please, because they create downforce and they push the back of the car down, cheap tires surely can't handle it and tires will blow.

Cheap tyres are the fastest because they are usually much thinner and made of plastic which causes a lot less road resistance.

Geez, I thought you guys new all this
-1 for tuning. because LFS is about who has the best skills on a track and the best setup. I wouldn't have bought LFS if it had "RICE" like options to cars. I like my FXO just the way it is. would you tune a ferrari?
I agree wiith you, Zach, Also the S1 FXO had a rediculousy RICEY spoiler.(Twice as tall as my foot maybe?)
#99 - JTbo
Setting ignition and air/fuel mixture for humidity and temperature would be nice, that is what tuning really is, this rice crap is something else...

Tuning is also what you do for your setup when changing settings even today and what you did yesterday too.

Or at least that is what is has meant. Bit same as hacker is really not someone breaking in to systems, that is cracker...

Wouldn't mind if there would be possibility to build engine and other parts, it is just extending setups and even now there is way too many possible adjustments in setups.

Also why not, we can have freeflow airfilters and neon lights if their effect is realistic, mostly harming performance...
ricers may need to play Drag Racer 3 a little bit

nah, a little joke on ya all, eh?

What about tuning?
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG