The online racing simulator
What about tuning?
(103 posts, started )
#26 - Vain
I would agree with a selection of rims to choose from.
Sensefully chosen rims that are both lightweight and elegant is a sign of good taste.

However most other changes, like a different looking front spoiler, should affect the car's performance noticably, which would lead to everyone choosing the same part anyway. And don't come up with the idea of 'credits', I dare you!

Vain
watannabe style rims for the oldschool cars

there should be an option to REMOVE wings/spoilers.
There it will come the devs ability to produce a range of parts that have different shapes but same performances.
It's just like xfg or xrg.... totally different cars, totally similar lap times... don't u think?
I just think to add that customizing touch to the simulation that adds taste and realism. Something new and fresh that can make u love more lfs.
If people, (like me) loves so much skinning cos it's so easy, can u imagine how could it be to customize too? Maybe putting on 3 or 4 bumper shapes for car, so u can fit them with painting and your tastes. Not neons or nos or heavyweight MDF subwoofers, monitors and xbox360... that is bull@@@t... no, not bull@@@t, just another kind of passion, we have the racing passion, it's another planet
to be honest.

as i just read above, there should be a option to remove wings and spoilers from the people who like to drive around oval tracks (like me).

the xrt spoiler is useless and does nothing and slows you down.

but i dissagree on new bumpers like need for speed games.

dont get me wrong, i love tuner cars because i drift on lfs aswell, and i am a big fan of drifting as im going to see d1gp in june.

but it would wreck the game if there was options like new body kits.

but as a good idea. i think lfs could add the options remove wings (as above) and possibly things like, plastic windows to reduce the weight of the car.

and different rim's would just about pass as a idea. because it would personalise the car a tiny bit more and allso wouldnt wreck the whole theme of people using the same cars.

because on games like need for speed, its stupid if your car has "nitrous" and other people are just left standing.

lfs is a great game because the cars you use are exactly the same. its all about the skill of the setup

ok ill shut up now
no no no no no - gadzooks, noooooo ! :thumbsdow
I admit, I'm styling (trying not to use the word tuning) my car at this moment. So I can't say I hate all this stuff, but on the other hand, it doesn't belong in this game and I don't miss it. Why would you? You barely see it. In a real car you can look around a bit, but in-game you can't and you shouldn't really.
exactly what i mean, to follow the main idea, to leave the performances in a perfect balance, adding some littles customizations, i hate NFS, i only have fun to unlock parts and customize 3/4 cars then the only thing that makes sense to do is : Programs -> EAGames -> LFSCarbon -> Uninstall -> Are u sure u want to completely remove the program etc etc? -> YES
:bananadea
What does it means?
I really really wanted to flame the OP here but I don't have the deep set resentment it woudl take to do so.

The primary focus of LFS is to present the users with racing simulation. As such there are limitations on the performance levels of the cars just like in most of the orginised racing events around the world. LFS does not simulate ilegal street racing where people are unrestricted in what can be done to their vehicles.

There is no point in allowing people to alter the performce levels of the cars in LFS as once the best combination of parts was established we would all be running the same car anyways.

If you truly need to modify you car NFS Carbon or the real world may be a better suited outlet for your needs.
Well may you ask "what about tuning?" We, ourselves, may in turn ask "what about the search function?"!

@ Scorpio: the flaming banana is a quick way of saying "I don't agree with the idea but can't be arsed typing anything"
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :i mean somthing like this

I wish my quote would include your attachment where the car's registration plate reads "FWD LOL".

That is beauty.

Quote from ScorpioGT :Have u ever made a skin for your xrt, or xrr and found that front bumper so old style and ugly? So u make the skin and also mount a different shape bumper,

When I finish a race online, I usually talk to the people I raced and say stuff like "Good race, thanks" or "Sorry for the nudge on lap 2" or whatever. If I pulled over and some guy said "Nice bumper", well, I don't know what I would think of him.
You do know Kev, you're just too polite to say ...
... Nice Ass!
Dusty, of course, would just go ahead and say it
Maybe I'm more polite online than I am in person. If that's true, then it has to be a pretty unique characteristic. And god knows why.
I think I'm more polite online - but only because I can't type abuse as fast during an LFS race as I can yell it out the window IRL
No Kev, even I don't know why.
I think I can type abuse quicker than I can deal it out by voice, so the interwebs are a good choice of a soap box.
Every road car in the game should have the option of putting on steelies. Or perhaps donuts for those differentially challenged cars. You can blow tires in the game after all (although usually only after much abuse).

Everyone knows steelies look awesome, especially when painted neon green!
umpkin:
:expressio
I'm still trying to figure out what steelies are.

In my country, steelies are what you put on your feet when you go to work, or when you're going somewhere where you might need to kick some heads.
Quote from Hankstar :I think I'm more polite online - but only because I can't type abuse as fast during an LFS race as I can yell it out the window IRL

I think it's because it's obvious I'm a cock in real life, so I might as well pretend to be nice online.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm still trying to figure out what steelies are.

In my country, steelies are what you put on your feet when you go to work, or when you're going somewhere where you might need to kick some heads.

Somewhere like a football match? Or just a normal night out?
Quote from Hankstar :Somewhere like a football match? Or just a normal night out?

Well when I was in my teens I used to wear steel-toed docs all the time (except in summer if it got too hot) but that's because I lived in a town full of hardnuts and I'm a scrawny little weed of a person. They did come in handy a few times, but I don't miss them.

Best bit was occasionally swapping them out for a pair of chuck taylors or something - you suddenly feel like you could leap tall buildings in a single bound.

What about tuning?
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG