The online racing simulator
What about tuning?
(103 posts, started )
What about tuning?
It's kinda strange that a boy like me, who loves pure performance and settings suggests something like this, but it's a part of motorsport that i also like, and could bring some new dimensions to lfs world.
I could suggest (sorry if someone already did) to introduce exterior and interior tuning, nothing to improve performance, just to give something more than the usual skin making.
For example someone could put a different steering wheel, or gear leather cover, or something else to personalize the cockpit.
Or just the rims, the spoilers and bodykits, maybe something like autosculpt on NFSCarbon.
It should be nice, particularly in drift events, where racers shows their customized rides. Cool!
It would be great!
Quote from ScorpioGT :...Or just the rims, the spoilers and bodykits, maybe something like autosculpt on NFSCarbon...

Have fun with the responses. I hope they wont be too hard.
No.
who's got the marshmallows?

(this .. isn't the game you'd want to turn into a tuning game as you'll soon find out scorpio )
#5 - jtr99
Are you local?
Suggested before, adds nothing to the simulator, except weight I suppose - if you wanted to make you car a bit slower than everybody else's.

You can make your own interiors if you like by editing the game's assets in a graphics program. You'll be the only person who can see them online, but really, the rest of us aren't that interested in seeing your blinged-out ride anyway.
#7 - joen
Quote from ScorpioGT :It's kinda strange that a boy like me, who loves pure performance and settings suggests something like this, but it's a part of motorsport that i also like, and could bring some new dimensions to lfs world.

Such as?

Quote :
I could suggest (sorry if someone already did) to introduce exterior and interior tuning, nothing to improve performance, just to give something more than the usual skin making.
For example someone could put a different steering wheel, or gear leather cover, or something else to personalize the cockpit.

You can use texture mods for that.

Quote :
Or just the rims, the spoilers and bodykits, maybe something like autosculpt on NFSCarbon.

For the love of god, no.

Quote :
It should be nice, particularly in drift events, where racers shows their customized rides. Cool!
It would be great!

LFS is a racing simulator not a beauty contest.
#8 - Ventu
ti rispondo in italiano xkè nn saprei dirlo in inglese
questo è un simulatore, e come tale nn si fa tante pippe a livello di pistolation... x quello cè Need for Speed, che è diverso da Live For Speed

for not-italian: i told him that fot spoilers etc he can use NFS, not LFS
but he also means with steering wheels other shapes, not just the same wheel that every race and road has exept the openwheelers(not MRT)
#11 - Woz
Quote from ScorpioGT :It's kinda strange that a boy like me, who loves pure performance and settings suggests something like this, but it's a part of motorsport that i also like, and could bring some new dimensions to lfs world.
It would be great!

Most motorsports have VERY strict rules as to what is and is not allowed on cars. F1 tightly controls many aspects on aero, tire sizes etc etc. Many other race events are similar.

So knowing all this, as you probably do being a motorsport fan, the question has to be... What can it add to LFS as the last thing you are allowed IRL racing.

Why would you want to "tune" [sic] the interior. Why does a race car need a PS2 that you can play on the multiple screens in the car. Does it need 30 speakers to boom out the base. I assumed most race team want to gut every piece of weight from the car but I guess all the weight somehow helps. I guess the more weight the more the car sticks to the road, right? Must be something like that looking at the amount of weight most hoons add to their cars.

The tuner world is well sorted in the NFS range. Its a great paint'em'up and spoiler'em'up sim. The racing is a bit crap but then the tuner world is not about racing anyway so that should not matter.

XCNuse: Have you eaten all the marshmellows already?
In my day, tuning mean't sharpening up the car to make it go faster eg. Maybe putting some better carbs on and fiddling about with timing to help "tune" the engine. It seems it means quite the reverse these days. Oh well
#13 - joen
Quote from Markz :IMO, I'd at least like engine choices, not completely new cars...

Why? Everyone would just pick the best one.
But again, what is the point? Everyone will just run the "best" engine. It's a waste of time!

edit: bah, too slow.

To OP:

LFS is completely about racing, aesthetics are not a concern (to a point I guess) and your suggestions do not contribute to racing per se at all. Not to be rude, this is has been suggested 10^4 times with 10^8 rapidly degreading threads with a half life of about a day.
hm.... +0.25

Mabey being able to re do the color shceme of the iterior would be cool, as well as steering wheels. Rims, well, the easyest way to do it would be to switch rims between cars, such as putting raceabout rims on the UF, and putting GTR rims the XRG, etc. Body kits? NO. Spoilers, no. Sure it would serve a function since we race on tracks at high speeds, but then we would need to add other performance options as well, so it wouldnt work out.

Mabey small things, like being able to make the car two tone. I dont mood hood being different color than body, but i mean somthing like this
Attached images
100_1488.jpg
DSCF0339.jpg
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Mabey small things, like being able to make the car two tone. I dont mood hood being different color than body, but i mean somthing like this

Have you ever heard about... skins?
Quote from AndroidXP :Have you ever heard about... skins?

yes, and i dont have photoshop to edit it. Not only that, i have no clue how to.
#18 - joen
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :yes, and i dont have photoshop to edit it. Not only that, i have no clue how to.

You can use any image editor you want, it doesn't have to be photoshop. Making a skin like the picture you posted of the two tone car would take...10 minutes at most. It's not rocket science or anything. Nobody is born knowing everything, it takes a bit of learning.
Quote from joen :You can use any image editor you want, it doesn't have to be photoshop. Making a skin like the picture you posted of the two tone car would take...10 minutes at most. It's not rocket science or anything. Nobody is born knowing everything, it takes a bit of learning.

where would i go about learning? id love to learn how to make my own skins.

Also, it would be a nice tool in the "skin editior" built into LFS, so you could ajust the reflectivity of your paint, from like flat/matte, to really really glossy, to like metalic like so. (first metalic, second glossy, last being flat).
Attached images
mexpress.jpg
s2k_6.jpg
DSCF8142.jpg
#20 - joen
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :

Also, it would be a nice tool in the "skin editior" built into LFS, so you could ajust the reflectivity of your paint, from like flat/matte, to really really glossy, to like metalic like so. (first metalic, second glossy, last being flat).

This is not Pimp my Ride.

This is a racing simulation.

You have skins, textures, tweak and BeSpoke to customize your car. And thats enough.
Quote from Anathema :This is not Pimp my Ride.

This is a racing simulation.

You have skins, textures, tweak and BeSpoke to customize your car. And thats enough.

Who said anything about pimp my ride? I was just suggesting to be able to ajust reflectivity of the paint.
and this is something we dont need in an racing simulation. In racing simulations we drive races and dont want to customize the look of the paint. That are toys for little boys who play NFS. There is no demand for different types of paint.
WOW, 22 replies in less than 4 hours!!!!
Come on boys don't be so hard to me! I just meant that it would be cool to model for example a bumper differently, not to add useless stereos subwoofers or other things.
I know that racing is racing, and tuning is tuning, but as an example i can tell u this:
Have u ever made a skin for your xrt, or xrr and found that front bumper so old style and ugly? So u make the skin and also mount a different shape bumper, just to give a touch of customization, not saturday night tuning in the shopping center parking
Or just to fit a different rear spoiler that meet our tastes or different kinds of rims instead of the same and the same and still boring the same.
This is a simulation, i use it as a simulation, and the multiplayer part of it puts you really into a race, i know, so it's not a beauty contest, but why we loose hours and hours making skins?
I mean, it's cool to be the fastest, but what if my car is even the cooler? It's a double satisfaction.
So i was talking about little customization changes, clearly not applicable on F1 or other cars with a strict regulation.
Maybe i shouldn't use the word TUNING in my thread.... i know.... it immediately puts in your head coloured neons and 6000 watts amplifiers
LOL
Thanks for writing a lot!!!
No.

What about tuning?
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG