The online racing simulator
Why is BF1 used so little?
(75 posts, started )
I think the BF1 is the coolest car in LFS considering that it is the fastest, best handling, and is based and designed off a real life car. So why do so few servers use it exclusively? Are we afraid of it or something?
Well honestly i think the bf1 sucks and tracks are to small for the car
Fastest, Yes, Best Handling , No, and with lfs i dont need real cars as such, so it poses as no REAL attraction to me, but i like it BLgp
Well, most people can't drive it, racing can be almost impossible
as it's so dam fast, and most importantly, for me, it sounds hideous with the TC making that awful clicking sound.
wtf is the BF1?
#6 - Davo
It can't be driven by most poeple on most tracks since it's so fast and even with TC they still manage to stuff up. It's great fun to drive on the longer Aston tracks. Som pretty good racing can be had with people of similar speed since it's great for racin side by side. I'm totally into the Open Wheelers and think the BF1 rocks.

After a few laps hop into the XFG and it's like a slow motion replay
Main reasons I think people aren't using it is because:

-Racing online in it is dangerous, it is too fast
-The way it handles and slides is ridiculously stupid, and needs to be fixed
-The TC is really annoying and has some serious issues in my opinion
-There aren't really any good tracks for the BF1, it just feels out of place on the ones we have.

The FO8 however.... still the best open wheeler LFS has to date, hands down.
Most points have been covered already. It requires less throttle control than the FO8 due to traction control, so at least in that aspect, it's easier to drive.

However, with the extreme corner speeds the BF1 achieves, it's very difficult to maintain the same entry, apex, and exit points lap after lap. Even highly experienced drivers require hours of practice in order to do so. Combine that with the fact that the high speeds result in much greater slipstream effect. As a result getting behind someone even remotely close in a corner almost always results in disaster.
Public servers + BF1 (infact any fast SS) = total carnage
It is a league racer or a hotlapper car imho. It's way too fast for public online racing. The way how late you can brake and how fast things happen arounf you in it is just overkill for anyone who is not ready to really spends some time in it. It's too fast for its own good, kinda nice ride but is more of widowmaker than a exciting racecar
It has a point and click interface, so it's not really a driver's car.
Hmm... Sounds logical, but one of my best cars is the BF1. Once you've got a good, grippy setup, u dont have to turn on TC to hear the awful noise, and you'll find that racing with it isn't much of a challenge. I haven't been plaing with it online, since no popular servers host the BF1. It's quite cool too, actually. Driving a 720 BHP car specially designed for racing is quite a nice feeling, but that's juz my opinion. Perhaps im too biased since I loved Formula 1 ever since I watched Schumi.
#13 - S0ul
At first i really hated the BF1...but that was for the reason that couldnt drive it. Now,that ive gotten better i love it but unfortunately i find myself alone with that. I dont like the oval,so theres no place to race the BF1
#14 - JTbo
If people struggle to survive from T1 with XFG and XRG, then I really don't see why any faster car would make situation any better, so that is also reason why that car is not more popular, it is not providing good clean racing.
Personally I dont drive the BF1 because its too easy to drive, but very hard to drive fast

FO8 is more rewarding to drive, more of a drivers car IMO.
The one day I tried to have races in the BF1, I got the impression the brakes were too quick for online use. You can't react to someone braking infront of you at 200mph - by the time the server has told you about it you'll already be half-way through the pile-up. Try a full grid or even half a grid of BF1s at KY2.
Well,
I already had a great online league race with BF1, and sure it was a lot of fun. No crashes or pileups. So it is definitelly possible to have a good race with BF1. The main point why it is not used, is in my opinion that right now it is the worst sounding car of them all.
Personally, i don't like so much open wheels, karts perhaps... but I like preferably the turismos, like sedan, berlina, etc.
If you like it join the league! OWRL F1 will start in a month, applications are still open: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=20118

List of applied Teams (in order of application):

- Online Motorsports Club F1 Team
- Factory Phantom Racing Team
- Cyber Racing
- eXcite-Racing.com
- |DM| Digital Madness
- Dark Industries Racing
- Good Friends Connection
- Clownpaint Gaming
- OCRANA Racing
Even when everyone on the track is a BF1 pro the racing is still boring, you see it in F1...you get in their downforce and your screwed. The car has hardly any mechanical grip, its a point and shoot car.
The BF1 is not for everyone, just as Formula 1 is not for every driver. As the supposed pinnacle of motorsports technology, F1 cars are tricky to drive. I am of the opinion that most of the F1 drivers today (please note I did say most) are among some of the finest drivers in the world, and for good reason.

I tried earlier today to look for a quote I heard a while back...I think it was Jeff Gordan's crew chief to Jeff Gordan when he had a test drive in an F1 car some time ago. I have to paraphrase (if you know who did say this, and the exact quote, please let us know):

A drive in the worst Formula 1 car is better than a drive in any other race car.
Quote from NoQuarter :
I tried earlier today to look for a quote I heard a while back...I think it was Jeff Gordan's crew chief to Jeff Gordan when he had a test drive in an F1 car some time ago. I have to paraphrase (if you know who did say this, and the exact quote, please let us know):

A drive in the worst Formula 1 car is better than a drive in any other race car.

lol, I suppose that is pretty true (of course it depends on your preferences). But driving the worst F1 car when you are trying to keep up with the best, looks to be pretty nightmare-ish to me.
trust me to be the odd one out.
but i find all the cars slow and boring in lfs except the BF1.
if i fancy a drive in a road car i just power up my xbox 360 now thats speed.
I don't get excited by BF1, or indeed any of the "fast cars" of LFS, simply because they're fast. Fast is meaningless, whether I'm doing 80mph in a UF1000 or 180mph in a BF1, I'm still sat on a chair doing precisely zeroMph. I enjoy the feeling of the car, the movement and a realistic reaction to my in input. I never race BF1 because I'd be alone on the server most of the time if I did, and on the odd occasion that I have been racing it on a populated server on a track other than yawnwood it has been a crashathon.
@sinbad: You say you're doing 0 mph in your char, and you're right. However, I say you're going much faster than that, and I'd be right too.

(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG