The online racing simulator
Why is BF1 used so little?
(75 posts, started )
Quote from southamptonfc :
Nearly everyone who can't drive them ends up saying things like 'they aren't as much fun' or 'you can't have decent races with them'. No, YOU can't have decent races with them

Totally
Ian Wright - that name rings a bell. Aren't you one of the guys from the GP Legacy project?
Quote from The Moose :I think it's because most LFS drivers are a bunch of big girls blouses and simply cant handle a real man's car.

QFT
Bob Smith - sort of. (hi)

Quote from The Moose :I think it's because most LFS drivers are a bunch of big girls blouses and simply cant handle a real man's car.

I agree and it's not because I'm Cornish, it's cos I'm frustrated.
back to the point
I don't think the BF1 is no being driving alot, but I have never seen a BF1 server other than "Oval Junkies". the only other time I've seen people driving it is on servers that alow every car.
Quote from Bob Smith :Ian Wright - that name rings a bell. Aren't you one of the guys from the GP Legacy project?

He is a footballer
When I was trying my cousin's s2, (yes, only 3 hours of experience is not enough, but here is my input) the bf1 was fun, and you just have to learn to control it. My experience with the XRt halped me control this car, even on blackwood.

I havent tried it online though...my cousin thought I would give him a bad reputation.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :When I was trying my cousin's s2, (yes, only 3 hours of experience is not enough, but here is my input) the bf1 was fun, and you just have to learn to control it. My experience with the XRt halped me control this car, even on blackwood.

I havent tried it online though...my cousin thought I would give him a bad reputation.

I've heard that story before.
Quote from southamptonfc :Its too fast and too difficult for most people. People complain it isn't fun - hah, thats because they just don't have the ability to go wheel to wheel for 10 laps against 5 other cars while setting near pb laptimes. Then it is fun

Another sweeping generalisation about people who have an opinion different from my own:
"Most people who like BF1 like it because they enjoy driving quickly, but don't have the requisite skill to drive a slow car quickly, so they get in the fastest car available, drive brutal laps which are actually way off the pace and lie to themselves about how awesome they are because they're driving an F1 car flat out".
I don't like this attitude that only the best drive the BF1. This is not true.

Yes, it is the fastest of all, but the fact that is fast does not make it the hardest to drive. It has very good acceleration and brakes, TC, accurate steering and high grip compared to some other cars.
But when you have a field of people who aren't _that_ good, little bits of lag now and again, and a hotlap (5 lap race) mentality, the BF1 racing in LFS just sucks.

In a league, with tight entry requirements (assuring a reasonably high level of skill), and long races (at LEAST 50 laps, about 180miles in total) then I bet the spectacle would be pretty good, and even lots of overtaking with LFSs current aero model...

Edit: And at many tracks my PB is pretty close to yours - you've done over 1000 laps at Blackwood, yet are only a second or so better than my 16 lap effort, so don't make out you're way quicker or way better than me. Sinbad makes me look pretty darn slow as well, so not the best person to argue about driving standards with. And he can race (not always the case for the aliens in LFS), so again, don't argue too much with him!
lfs
Quote from southamptonfc :Ha, Jealousy, you didn't understand what I wrote, like you probably don't understand how to drive the BF1

hrhrhr, awesome! you really should at least check lfsworld before you post something like this . you are talking with sinbad here :P
Quote from BlackSheep720 :I think the BF1 is the coolest car in LFS considering that it is the fastest, best handling, and is based and designed off a real life car. So why do so few servers use it exclusively? Are we afraid of it or something?

Maybe a lot of ppl want a challenge? If its the fastest, best handling, it may be too easy and boring after a while?

As for being based on a real life car, perhaps just as F1 is boring in real life, the BMW follows its RL counterpart way too closely Like good compeitive drivers will get bored sitting in a single file line most of the time just like Rl and pull out overun, rear end etc just like RL

For a challenge I see the lesser cars like the LX6 and RAC as being not the fastest but definitely a challenge to control and although the LX6 is only loosely based on a RL car the RAC certainly is a RL, though updated in rl since it was added to LFS in S1

My 2 c
BF1 and even FO8 are very easy to control I think. Try to drive in Oval 200 laps and you can handle car very well. There are side barricades and it helps you to drive very carefully and not to bump into them. That is needed to learn to know BF1 better.
We're all talking about circuit racing, where braking, turning left AND right, accelerating, modulating the throttle and other skills are required. Of course it's easy to drive on the oval. Why do you think 95% of newbies to LFS go on the oval in the Sauber? Because it's easy and fast.
Quote from Fetzo :hrhrhr, awesome! you really should at least check lfsworld before you post something like this . you are talking with sinbad here :P

I did do that, he's not very good at bf1.

However, having read his post again I realised I'd misundestood what he'd written!!!!! Doh! He wasn't saying that bf1 is rubbish but giving another example of a generalisation. So I just changed my post to 'lfs'
#68 - JJ72
Quote from tristancliffe :We're all talking about circuit racing, where braking, turning left AND right, accelerating, modulating the throttle and other skills are required. Of course it's easy to drive on the oval. Why do you think 95% of newbies to LFS go on the oval in the Sauber? Because it's easy and fast.

Not very often will you miss a sarcasm.
Quote from JJ72 :Not very often will you miss a sarcasm.

Talking about F1, isn't Tristan a bit like the Eddie Irvine of LFS...
In a way like kid was the Brutus of Scavier
Quote from southamptonfc :I did do that, he's not very good at bf1.

However, having read his post again I realised I'd misundestood what he'd written!!!!! Doh! He wasn't saying that bf1 is rubbish but giving another example of a generalisation. So I just changed my post to 'lfs'

ok he is .4 slower on blackwood than you. but he did it in 30 laps, you needed over 1100 .

i don't wanna pick on this any more, but it's definately not jealousy .
agreed, what I wrote was wrong, thats why removed my post, I said that in my reply to you.

I think what everyone agrees on is that bf1 drivers are best
#72 - Vain
Quote from southamptonfc :I think what everyone agrees on is that bf1 drivers are best

Ehm, no?
That's like saying Alonso is a "better" driver than Loeb.

Vain
Quote from southamptonfc :I think what everyone agrees on is that bf1 drivers are best

I drove 30 laps with the BF1!!

Im a BF1 driver!!

Im the best!!
Quote from southamptonfc :
I think what everyone agrees on is that bf1 drivers are best

Hehe I'll assume, because you added the wink at the end, that this comment is as tongue-in-cheek as my post was.

...sorry bout that - just wanted to see what platinum sig looked like, soz!

Why is BF1 used so little?
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG