The online racing simulator
S2 price
(58 posts, started )
S2 price
I went on XE.com to see how much Canadian an S2 license was and it was almost $60, is this right?...thats a lot of money..
It's actaully not that much considering how much support you get, all the great features...plus the devs really do deserve it. You get ALOT of enjoyment out of it and you can play it as much as you want. It's a worthy investment in my opinion.
Yes it's ~55CAD.
No it's not a lot.
So ? hehehe I won my license it didnt cost me a cent
Cmon, I can just tell u , it worths every penny
#6 - X-Ter
Yeah, £24 is equal to 332 Sweden Kronor (SEK) which is at least 40% less than the price of any other game or simulation. Just compare ot the price of GTL or GTR2. And LFS is worth every penny
Quote from evan55 :I went on XE.com to see how much Canadian an S2 license was and it was almost $60, is this right?...thats a lot of money..

and also you will never "lose" this no mater what, ... it's not a cd that can get scratched or the cd key isnt printed on a manual that you can misplace and never find and it doesnt take forever to install

all you need to do is download it , unzip and unlock
It's about $60 Australian as well. Lots of new, high profile titles for consoles and PC start at $80 here and just go up.
It's pretty good value imho :up:
#9 - Davo
Yep, it's actually cheaper than most games over here.
$60CAD isn't expensive for a game, it's average. And, LFS kicks the teeth out of any other game out there.
Quote from Xalies :and also you will never "lose" this no mater what, ... it's not a cd that can get scratched or the cd key isnt printed on a manual that you can misplace and never find and it doesnt take forever to install

all you need to do is download it , unzip and unlock

Most people probably thinks that when they buy something they should get the product in a physical form, when you buy LFS you get it in a digital form
its 24 pounds here and it's a bit more expensive then Russian Licensed game copies we find in shops, and a lot more expensive then Russian pirated CDs we find in underground passages...BUT...I have never seen a game that would still be interesting and challenging after 2 years...
all other games (including GTR2, GTL, Chronicles of Riddick and such) cot me half the price and were uninstalled in a matter of 2-3 weeks...
this one - wasnt
I'm Canadian too. I payed $60 for Need For Speed Underground 2 for PC when it came out. The PS2 games at walmart are over $60. Xbox games hit almost $80. Most new PC games from big names cost upwards of $70 with taxes. And they are all the same, play it, beat it, get bored of it. But with LFS, which is cheaper, you get a game that you won't lose, won't get bored of (Comunity keeps growing) and a game that you will never beat (I'd like to see you get every car/track combo record and hold them)
~Bryan~
Hi.
You know, I was gonna post on that thread from the banned troll about this but the thread quickly devolved into nonsense and got locked.
WHen you look at getting the licenses for LFS all at once, then yeah it's
gonna be expensive. That's getting the licenses all at once. And to you UK guys that think that getting both licenses at once is still a bargain price
compared to boxed games, you pay too much for boxed games and should really revolt against your government for ridiculuos taxes and tarrifs
That's it! Dress like Indians, sneak into London's waterfront, raid the docked freighters and dump every video game title you see into the harbor!
(Hey it worked in Boston)

The cost of living in the UK is a lot higher than most other places and I'm sure that the costs for whatever you have over there is going to be adjusted accordingly. I bet if the devs did this game from like Nebraska, they could sell it for less, but not much though. And they gotta eat and pay bills in the UK.

When I got S-1 it was only for I think $20 usd and S-2 was like 22 or 24 dollars. When it's broken up like that, then, I really think LFS is about the best bargain you can get in puchasing a video game. but added together
it starts to sound pretty expensive.

I won't go into how much content you get with these licenses as most people seem to get stuck on the overall price.
You could tell them to get the licenses in installments, but apparently not many are wanting to do that. And that sucks. S-1 is better than what it was two years ago and should keep a bunch of people happy as it is.
But everyone wants to get what they perceive to be the complete package
and complains about the total cost of that.

I honestly think S-3 will not pick up very many new people for that very reason. because then your looking at even more money to be spent for the
first time buyer and again, I doubt they'll go for the installment plan.
And that's not just Americans not buying lfs s-3, that's everyone. Even UKers.

The exchange rate between the dollar and the pound has always been about 2 to 1 for as long as I can remember. it fluctuates some here & there, but not all that much. even so, the cost of goods coming into the US from the UK has always been on the expensive side ( I think they're still pissed by the Indian thing in Boston)
So if you're an American, comparing the price of LFS to other British imports, you come out ahead especially since we don't have to pay excise tax, import fees or heck, even sales tax.

LOL Those people that think LFS is expensive now don't know the half of it.
I know I spent close to $300 on lfs by way of wheel & computer upgrades.
But that's ok the entertainment value from just having S-1 alone and using a mouse surpassed that cost. And when I plunk down that 12 pounds for S-3, I'll still be happy knowing i "spent too much $$$ on a @#%!! video game".
best £24 you can spend
#16 - joen
[sort of in response to Racer Y]

You make some valid points, and I'm a bit worried as well that when S3 comes out, it's price will be too steep for new players. Not that I think it won't be worth it, quite the contrary.
I think that over time LFS has picked up a lot of new players that consider LFS as basically "just another game", and compare it to other mainstream games. They don't (instantly) realise that LFS is not comparable to mainstream games in many ways. Ofcourse on a quality level, but also on a pricing level. They are not (yet) aware of the philosophy behind LFS development, the history of it, it's plans for the future, and the fact that this is an indie game. They are different from people that already have experience with other true sims and their position in the games market as a niche product. This certainly goes for people who don't frequent the forums and judge the game just by the demo and not the additional benefits of things like LFSWorld and community based addons/projects.
This is shown by people constantly asking for "real cars", "real tracks", neon's on cars, nos, the list is endless. In other words, stuff that for the majority belongs in mainstream games. Or people telling to Scawen to "hurry up" because otherwise other games/sims could catch up and LFS will be behind. While the devs don't want to compete with others, they just want to do this their way.

Talking about that troll you mentioned, he's a perfect example of the type of player I'm talking about. He said something along the lines of "LFS never going to hit the big time and get big sales". The fact is, we (and the devs) know that it isn't going to compete with mainstream games from the big companies. Simply because the majority of gamers want quick easy arcade games where bling bling graphics are defining the standards. LFS is made for a relatively small userbase who want realism first and foremost.

I guess the people who really get into LFS are the ones who felt "a spark" when they played it for the first time. People who really fell in love with the game. These people will simply want to buy LFS because they see it's true quality. I know that was how I felt when I got into the demo. I just had to have it, I never questioned if the price was worth it because I knew it was great. I would have bought it if it was double the price.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I truly feel LFS is a bargain for the people who are meant to play it, if that makes any sense No other game has kept me interested for such a long time, no other game has given me this many hours of fun. I would have had to buy a multitude of games to give me the same amount of fun. It's value for money is just way higher.

I mean, a (somewhat) comparable game would be nKpro. It's €36,- it has a lot of playability, compatibility and usability issues, it's got much less content, the content is less diverse...how can LFS be expensive?

If you're going to compare, at least compare it with other products like flight simulators, they're more expensive than most games too.

Anyway, I'm not totally ontopic and this is not a sales pitch, it's what I truly think of it.
Superbly put, joen!
Let's not forget that some racing sim companies are starting to move to the pay-as-you-go plan where you have a yearly fee. If/when this happens on a large scale LFS will look like even more of a bargain. Which is more expensive, 36 British Pounds for the all you can eat LFS buffet or 50 American Dollars per year for the iRacing happy meal?

Sure, some people may hesitate or even decide not to buy LFS based on its somewhat high initial cost, but those of us who have spent good money on wheels, pedals, computers, video cards, fancy screens, etc. will still realize that LFS is a bargain.
I'd pay double for LFS without thinking, and it would still be the best value game I've ever played.

S1 - £24 ($48)
S2 - £48 ($96)
S3 - £72 ($144)

In fact, I'd probably pay as much as £100 to have S3 (in total, so £33 per stage), and still be happy with it.

But of course I say that with hindsight, knowing that LFS has kept me coming back for more for nearly four years. To a new demo user just looking to have a piss about with an F1 car, and not really caring about the development process or the real-time solutions to everything, it might appear to be expensive - in which case I suspect LFS isn't for them in the first place.
Quote from joen :....

Couldn't agree more.

The player that is right for this game will just feel it. And if you've felt it, the price is just right, no, a bargain when you look back at it.

Best 36 Euros I've spent in a long time for the ammount of fun I've had so far, ....now if I could only get good at it... the damn flightsimmer in me still thinks in too many dimensions... Gotta keep them wheels on the deck!
I just did an inventory of the collection of games bought over the years. Oddly enough they all seem to have cost about £30-£35. There is over a grands worth of games taking up shelf space having been played through once, then forgotten. Apart from Half Life, which I've played several times and CS (free), LFS has taken up almost all of my gaming. If the devs packed up and went home right now and never did another stroke of work on it, LFS would be the BEST value for money....EVAH!
There are people from China playing LFS. Can you imagine how expensive it's for them? I remember one Chinese guy here had on his sign that S2 is worth of 200 something meals over there.
I have to agree with Doorman....i have a huge stack of games sat on my shelf gathering dust, that (nearly)all cost £30 +

All thats on my hard drive is LFS, nKPro and LockOn, all of which cost around £25 and are independent projects for a niche market and all will probably be still on my hard drive in several years time as they are added to and expanded.
If i include the LockOn addons i've spent a total of £100 on software that has/will give years of entertainment.
In comparison to any other entertainment medium, those three products are providing the best value for my £ by a long shot.

£100 for thousands of hours of entertainment....you cant beat that for value
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd pay double for LFS without thinking, and it would still be the best value game I've ever played.

S1 - £24 ($48)
S2 - £48 ($96)
S3 - £72 ($144)

In fact, I'd probably pay as much as £100 to have S3 (in total, so £33 per stage), and still be happy with it.

Which is true for some people, but not 95% of the consumer market.
The way I see it, £12 every few years is GREAT value for this sim, but tbh when S3 is released, people will think twice about spending £36 on a PC sim. (Bearing in mind other sims are/will be availble for maybe around £25 on amazon etc).
Quote from Racer Y :The exchange rate between the dollar and the pound has always been about 2 to 1 for as long as I can remember.

Then you don't remember for long ... it only hit about $2 o £1 in January, not long ago it was $1.40 to £1. Sorry, but saying its expensive because of the exchange rate won't wash when console games cost $60 there anyway!

S2 price
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG