The online racing simulator
S2 price
(58 posts, started )
Quote from undertech :Do the math:
If the price is $1 and you sell 100,000 copies, you make $1*100,000 = $100,000
If the price is $50 and you sell 10,000 copies, you make $50*10,000 = $500,000

Nobody except for the devs knows how many S2 licenses have been sold or will be sold in the future. I am quite certain that the number is nowhere near what World of Warcraft sells (per months even) :P

It's on LFSW.
Hmm, I've tried looking all over LFSW but I could not find any total S2 #s, only those currently online. Maybe it's because I'm still demo?
#53 - Jakg
Quote from duke_toaster :It's on LFSW.

no its not, its a stat the devs want to keep to themselves, remember Phlos raping 12 GB of bandwidth?
Scawen told us quite a while back their were something like 30 000 S2 licensed users if I remember correctly? If that's right then I'd imagine it's gone up a fair bit since then.
56,68$ and no regret, expect that I can't play
Quote from spankmeyer :So in your scenario a person has been fortunate enough to get a PC and internet connection for free and STILL says the license is too expensive?

I was only commenting on the common arguement that we see often that if you can afford a PC and internet connection, then you should be able to afford to pay for an LFS license. In no way do I argue that LFS is or is not expensive with what I wrote. Just wanted to state that it is very possible to have no money, yet still have a PC and internet.

I've had 8 PC's since 1995 and I've been on the internet since then. I've paid for only my first PC in 1995 and my current one last year. I've never paid for internet access since going online in 1996 until a few years ago when I moved away from the free access being a long distance phone call. I recently have seen that the free internet now has a local number for me, so I'm curious about it. But I do doubt I would be able to play LFS on it. My current 56k has proved flawless over the last 2 years I've been with LFS (except for heavily server mod usage as in the Caribbean Cruise servers). I'm even hesitant to eventually go broadband as I time out less than I see others time out on the servers (limiting to pretty much 15 others that is, which isn't hard in the US.)
Quote from Racer Y :No. it just seems that every time I have bothered to look at the exchange rates for some reason, it always seems to be at about 2 to 1 i know it changes a bit, but i dunno just dumb luck on my part that it's 2 to 1 when I look it up. Like 4 years from now, I'll need to know the rates and it will be about 2 to 1. 15 years ago(?) I looked it up and it was 2 to 1. When I was in the 4th grade the subject came up for some reason and the teacher said.... 2 to 1. now in between all those times the rates can be whatever, the next time I'll need it, it'll be 2 to 1. Does that make sense?

I import car parts from the US on a regular basis, its hit 2 to 1 before, but not for a good while (like before Clinton).
LFS is remarkable value for the money, not doubt about that. Also each stage gets cheaper, because the price for S2 and S3 was set when S1 came out. So, compared to the costs of living, S2 was already cheaper than S1. S3 is probably at least 3 years away (I consider this a rather optimistic estimate). So by that time, costs of living will have gone up even more, but S3 will still be 12 gbp .

S2 price
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG