The online racing simulator
Reporting cheaters?
(54 posts, started )
ih he would lost his licence may i get it? Joke!
Thanks for the report, I've permanently banned him on our servers.
was there to see the shame, why people want to do this is far beyond me. but i have seen him before, in redline 2 ages back. seriously this guy needs to go.
Honestly, if i saw someone doing this, if he wasnt banned after the first race he would get a slight nudge from me as he zoomed by. :mischievo
What I would suggest it that everybody add this guy to their 'buddy list', then whenever or wherever he races, go onto that server and :
a) Let EVERYBODY know he is a cheat,
b) Suggest that he gets banned from that server.. (Lifetime + 99 years)
c) Much as I hate wrecking..I think that in THIS instance it would not be entirely frowned upon

btw..he is already banned from _MY_ server
TBH, for such blantant breaking of the rules, and deliberate taking out of people, this license should be revoked, it's unfair on the rest of us licensed users.

Action needs taking by the Dev's
Stig = :turtle2:
he was just on an aussie server, i thought he was running the BF1 how fast he was catching me on the straight, thought i must be seeing things, then next race i saw him pull away by miles on the straight and someone was speccin saw him @ 292km/h, he also really sucks because he was blocking me through slow sections lol
Please guys, no naming and shaming here while the situation is being investigated
#35 - avih
Is there a mechanism where server admins can automatically synchronize/update the ban list with a central "wreckers barricade" (or other) list?

Also, IMHO it would help if the mentioned barricade site had some guidelines and apps that help to update the ban list on servers, along with instructions for server admins on how to use it and what text to add to the welcome screen of the server (i.e.: [This server uses the wreckers barricade ban list])

Naturally, such a global ban list would have to be reviewed manually for every user that enters it, because it may mean that the user will not be able to race on most servers around.
Quote from al heeley :Please guys, no naming and shaming here while the situation is being investigated

Sorry, but this cheat thing make me sad
The page has been moved to the admin subforum for further investigation.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
#39 - SamH
Quote from avih :Is there a mechanism where server admins can automatically synchronize/update the ban list with a central "wreckers barricade" (or other) list?

There is a ban file available on the Barricade which is updated once per month. It's also very easy for admins to ban individuals from servers directly from the Barricade webpage with a single click, for a week, a month, or for life.
Quote from avih :Also, IMHO it would help if the mentioned barricade site had some guidelines and apps that help to update the ban list on servers, along with instructions for server admins on how to use it and what text to add to the welcome screen of the server (i.e.: [This server uses the wreckers barricade ban list])

All the information is available for members of the Barricade, and of course if there's anything anyone doesn't understand, it's an easy process to PM me and ask.
Quote from avih :Naturally, such a global ban list would have to be reviewed manually for every user that enters it, because it may mean that the user will not be able to race on most servers around.

The Barricade isn't a global ban list. It's there purely to offer up information and an opportunity to discuss reports. How server operators use that information is, and (IMO) always should be their own decision. If someone wants to come up with a global ban list solution, I'll certainly share the Barricade database with them, but I personally want to retain control over who's banned and who's not on OUR servers.
Quote from SamH :There is a ban file available on the Barricade which is updated once per month.

I looked and was unable to find a link anywhere to download the ban file from Barricade. I don't operate a full time server, but occasionally host a server for local racers and would like to use the Barricade ban file. What do I need to do on my end?
Quote from ZORER :When i click the link, it says i don't have enough privilages to rech this page....what is that page???

For sure, it was this:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11651

Proof of concept...

Edit: I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but being publicly called stupid by Arno in another thread just hit a bit on my nerves, so I went back to my replay files to see if there could be a hint of honesty in his rather childish words. I wouldn't have done this usually, but in this case I make an exception, gladly accepting any kind of criticism (if motivated) on this stupid post of mine.
#42 - SamH
#43 - avih
Quote from SamH :Watch out for a PM

Assuming you PMed him about how to get the ban file, that's exactly what I was talking about. It would be helpful IMO if the ban file and instructions for admins would be more visible. I know your intention is not to maintain a global ban list, but how about considering changing your intentions?
Quote from Albieg :For sure, it was this:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11651

This person has been perma-banned from all LOTF servers since that was posted. This is one of the many reasons that anybody with a server needs to contact SamH and get on his Barricade mailing list. Let's keep this game clean.
I have a guy on my forum by the name of The Stig...there has been a couple of people that has said hes been banned on S2 from quite many servers...

he is also wanting to join my team so this is why im asking is The Stig a hacker/cheater or is he a good guy?

Or am I talking about the right The Stig? that you guys are talking about?

Edit: I try looking at the replay but it wont work with demo...I want to see but i can't can anyone make a video of this link that BigDave2967 has on this link http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=11651
So many people name themselfs the stig because he is well known and a good driver, but there are 2 people who race with the name stig, Arno who is banned and i can not recall the other person but he is on the forum some where but to lazy to search for him at this hour
wow ! bad guys . cheat!

look at this
Quote from Hamed Sam :wow ! bad guys . cheat!

look at this

no, that's not cheating, since server and client need to have exactly the same tweak file to play online, so it is restricted to private, "tweaked" servers.
It`s not a cheat, it`s a program
It can be used up to version...well I don`t remember, but it`s outdated now, and will not work with the latest versions of LFS.

So nothing to worry about
LoL theres no cheating there, LFSTweak is well known to alot of people around here and is does not work with the newest version of lfs.

Reporting cheaters?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG