The online racing simulator
Reporting cheaters?
(54 posts, started )
Reporting cheaters?
Basicly, Ive just seen someone blatenly cheating on redline racing 3. Basicly doing 190mph on the straights. I have a reply (As im sure a few others do) Where do we report it?

fd
The Wrecker Barricade - and also send it to the devs/ a forum mod. Ideally cheaters and real bad wreckers would get their licences removed.
#3 - joen
Reported to the barricade, and to the RR admins
#5 - S0ul
Quote from duke_toaster :The Wrecker Barricade - and also send it to the devs/ a forum mod. Ideally cheaters and real bad wreckers would get their licences removed.

Just curoius...did anyone ever get his license removed....there are some bad wreckers out there and they only get banned from the server
Quote from S0ul :Just curoius...did anyone ever get his license removed....there are some bad wreckers out there and they only get banned from the server

Not yet BUT there is potential to do so in the TOS.
#7 - SamH
Hey Fragile_Dog.. thanks for reporting it to the Barricade. Now all the barricaded servers are aware, so hopefully we won't see much of him online any more. The Devs have also been made aware of the problem.
#8 - ev0
hmm, yeah, I was on that server too.

This guy was just stoopid, flaunting the fact that he was cheating. The scary question is how many people are using similar cheats, but just using it enough to give them an upper hand over competition, without being this easy to spot?
Thankfully cheaters don't usually have enough restraint to be sly about things. If they had more patience they would just learn to drive and have fun through fair competition.
#10 - ev0
I think you are right there - If they thought carefully enough about it to hide it, they would probably have the sense to decide against doing it at all in the first place.
Anyone know what the nature of the cheat is? What does alter on the client side to go faster?
Probarly the wind resistance as before, I don't know much about the cheating things but AFAIK changing the HP and weight etc etc of the car doesn't allow you to stay in the server, get a JOOS_ERROR msg or something similar.

Will probarly be sorted soon though, as all of these things do.
Does that mean that most fast lap times are done by cheaters?
Proberly not, if its near the other fast laps. But this guy went and got a 59sec lap on his second lap, and the really fast guys usually get 1.00.something. Then he went and done a 56 second lap :/
well I didn't want to name and shame but yea its was :/.
#17 - ev0
yep, same guy...
well dont get me wrong, name & shame is usually not my thing either but you know, cheating is one thing, wrecking others without even saying anything is another but both togehter is a bad combination at all.
#19 - ev0
At least there is one positive way of looking at this - the more exploits these lamers find in alpha, the more holes will be patched in the final version

I'd love to know how cheaters reason, and how they justify it to themselves - I hope that in this case, he has only cheated himself out of £24...
so they should be thanked and rewarded with a ban. this guy wasnt banned the 1st time he got caught cheating? or has he hacked the mp?
#21 - ev0
If you look at the dates, the posts started last night and this morning (UK time,) about the same guy in two different places on the forum.

I don't think anybody has done anything about him yet
there was another incident a few months ago with the same guy.
#23 - ev0
Oh, ok, I didn't know that, sorry!
#24 - SamH
He who shall not be named (Dwayne Dibbley, 34 Arcadia Crescent, Tingley Bottom, BERKshire, TW4 T1S) has been reported to the Wrecker Barricade by several different people. This means that most of the *main* server operators/admins have been proactively made aware of his antics.

It's entirely up to the individual server owners/operators/admins if they decide that they want to ban the guy.. though heaven only knows why they would decide not to (but it's not my shout.. I just distribute the information) so if you see him on a server from here onwards, the only thing I can suggest is to bug the server owner to join the Wrecker Barricade so they can get a heads-up about these things *before* he interferes with races on their servers. The Devs are also aware of the situation.
#25 - SamH
Quote from Gabkicks :there was another incident a few months ago with the same guy.

Hmm.. you're right. He was reported to the Wrecker Barricade back then, too.

I can put the information in front of server admins. I can't make them use it

Reporting cheaters?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG