The online racing simulator
As long as you have a cord that fits into the adaptor properly it'll work. I'm not sure what this shaver plug is, if its just a UK plug and cord then go ahead. Some radios and applicance might have the same style plug. Think someoen even mentioned a PS2 cord works.
shaver plug works, but just get a plug that plugs into the inverter, it's what i did
Why are they sending the UK plugs here down under instead of over where they're needed? I have one sitting here in my cupboard, anyone wants it just pay postage and it's yours.
if it says for razors and toothbrushes only, it might not be good enough to handle it.

personally i would just take the US plug off and stick a normal plug onto it.
Well I gave it a shot and it seemed to work perfect the last couple of hours constant use on LFS.
My G25 is almost silent is quite unbelieveable. When the FFB is turned off it feels almost friction free . I'm once again a happy man .
On the commute to work today I revved my engine at the stoplight and felt the stick vibrate and move a little as it always does.

Then I had this really cool thought:

It would be awesome if some kind of realistic force feedback could be transmitted through the gearshift on the H-shifter. If Logitech (or some other manufacturer) made their H-shifter vibrate and move like a real shifter, I would definitely buy it.

I've never heard anyone discuss this before.

Any thoughts? Comments? Would LFS or any other game support FF on the gearshift if there was such a thing?

Oh well. Just a thought. My G-25 shipped today!
Quote from PlusP :On the commute to work today I revved my engine at the stoplight and felt the stick vibrate and move a little as it always does.

Then I had this really cool thought:

It would be awesome if some kind of realistic force feedback could be transmitted through the gearshift on the H-shifter. If Logitech (or some other manufacturer) made their H-shifter vibrate and move like a real shifter, I would definitely buy it.

I've never heard anyone discuss this before.

Any thoughts? Comments? Would LFS or any other game support FF on the gearshift if there was such a thing?

Oh well. Just a thought. My G-25 shipped today!

Before I got my G25, I used to have a cheap force feedback joystick hooked up via FFShifter. It had quite a decent feel to it, and I even programmed the shifter/force graphs so that the stick would shake when it was in neutral.

Only problem was, since the motors were constantly working, it used to overheat and the feel would go limp after a short period of time, even with heatsinks installed on the motors.

Since the shifter on the G25 is very similar to a joystick, it's concievable that a force feedback system could be retrofitted to it. Wouldn't be easy though, even if the reverse gear was sacrificed.
That idea reminds me of some gaming chairs I have seen that have a sub strapped to the seat, so you can 'feel' more of the action in the game
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
i have recieved word from Logitech saying they have no plans to make a UK version, so either learn it the other way around or tought luck!
PS - I'm joking! its the same in ALL countries, they may sit on the other side, but the pedals are all in the right order, i should know, i have one!
Hiya street.. also, the detached gearshift console is bolted to the desk on the right side of the wheel, and as far as I can work out, they're not planning to release a left-mounted gearshift console for the UK. There's also no way to change the button configuration on the wheel itself, to swap those over.
Ok, were both joking, the layout on the G25 is IDENTICAL to the layout of a UK car, the pedal layout i s universal, its just they sit on the other side - you can change the side the shifters on, too!
I just got my second G25 from Logitech, this one feels ALOT better, the shifter is no longer sloppy in N or in any gears....when you press down, you can hear a slight click, which is kinda nice knowing its pressing the button for Reverse....The wheel is alot smoother than my previous wheel, feeling a little more weighty, but alot smoother and almost silent unless spinning very hard
....Pedals...well there the same.

But now i have 2 G25's, the old one is going to be my modifiying platform, work out all mods and mess around with it, then when they are complete and can be done without problems, ill transfer the mods to the one that works

Also means i can now build my Cockpit and use the Duff G25 for placement without moving the wheel around the house when i want to race.

Meh i talk too much..anyway have fun all
When you phone logitech, do they ask for any specific info on the wheel? such as Warrenty codes, serial Numbers etc? as my DFP is still acting up, as i may just ask for a new one.
all they ask for is, where you got it from, have you contacted them...just say yes you have, but have low stock and cant promise you an RMA, then they will ask for the codes on the bottom of the wheel on black sticker, these are specific to each wheel, so they will tell you which they need...and they will send you a new one..

hope it helps.
G25 and Vista??
I have instaled vista onto my pc but now my g25 is not noticed by my pc??any one els had trouble????
Quote from kdempsey :I have instaled vista onto my pc but now my g25 is not noticed by my pc??any one els had trouble????

Not really... profiler and the wheel installed just fine and dandy when I tried it today.
Quote from jollyeskimo :Not really... profiler and the wheel installed just fine and dandy when I tried it today.

did u use the cd or download from web??
Quote from kdempsey :did u use the cd or download from web??

I used the cd but profiler didn't see the wheel when it asked for it to be plugged in but i continued with the install just like in xp.

After finishing the profiler install, i unplugged the wheel, then plugged it in again. Vista picked it up straight away and i was able to change the settings around in control panel\game controllers without any worries.

After that, it worked in LFS with no problems.
Quote from kdempsey :did u use the cd or download from web??

Downloaded it straight off logitech's site, but I doubt it makes a difference.
anyone know if rev2 of G25 is avaliable yet?

my shifter is dying slowly, I now don't have a Rev or 6th gear to play with also I got a knocking noise inside the wheel at about 270 degrees left turn, however I don't want to phone logitech for a replacement until rev2 is out with (in theory) some of the first batch of problems fixed.
Similar question - to the guys who have recieved replacement wheels under warranty from Logitech, have you notiecd any difference to the feel or operation of anything? Is the shifter still sloppy feeling, the wheel louder to the left, etc?
Quote from So_VipeR_oS :all they ask for is, where you got it from, have you contacted them...just say yes you have, but have low stock and cant promise you an RMA, then they will ask for the codes on the bottom of the wheel on black sticker, these are specific to each wheel, so they will tell you which they need...and they will send you a new one..

hope it helps.

I did that and they insisted I re-contacted Komplett with a logitech ref number... so i contacted komplett instead. they want it back for an RMA. 2-3 weeks using my old Momo again, I'm not looking forward to that!
Have to send yours back now
Love the G25 pedals, but notchy wheel and totally loose shifter prompted a call to Logitech. They're replacing it, but DHL picks old one up tomorrow and it'll be 7-10 days after they receive this one before I get new one.

Meanwhile, I went back to black Momo. Whoa, what a difference in the G25 pedals! The progressive resistance makes a huge difference.

It'll be interesting to see how my times compare. At AS2 in FOX mostly 1:03s (or worse) and occasional 1:02. Tomorrow will see how it goes.
The sequential shifter mode needs work. I personally have trouble with it not responding or glitching sometimes. Maybe a lemon but who knows....

Wished the shifter had a little more realistic feel, a more firm feel instead of this loose, cheap feeling... and god i can't stand the clicking noise. Needs more buttons. :/

Doesn't the actlabs h shifter have a hint of a reaslitic feel? Does the actlabs have a sequential mode?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG