The online racing simulator
LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :It's my feeling that being both the author of LFSC and a major league organiser I have become something of a target and too prominent in the LFS community so i'm lowering my profile and canning LFSC. It's a crap program anyway and doesnt work half the time. There will be no more updates.

I may release standalone tools in the future, but I have no desire to complete the feature list on this project for the sum reward of falling out with other forum members and making myself a target for abuse.

Oh no. So does this mean that the following statement is no longer true?

Quote from Becky Rose :I'm going to give you more sound editing options in later releases, this will give you the ability to modify the sounds without changing the engine or performance in any way and could directly be used by the devs.

Correct, this will no longer happen. I will not be releasing any LFS related software for some time.

Thank you for all the kind comments, really it's not necessary ! I took the decision because of events outside of LFS (although originating here) that I do not wish to discuss publicly at this time.

For the time being I will be focusing soley on the STCC and trying to get out on track and racing a little more often.
Quote from Becky Rose :Correct, this will no longer happen. I will not be releasing any LFS related software for some time.

Thank you for all the kind comments, really it's not necessary ! I took the decision because of events outside of LFS (although originating here) that I do not wish to discuss publicly at this time.

For the time being I will be focusing soley on the STCC and trying to get out on track and racing a little more often.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're stopping development, Becky. Especially because of something that was started on these forums. I use Companion all the time and really enjoy it. It's become an indespensable tool for online racing, for me.

I know that it was discussed in the past, and that you were totally against the idea at the time...but if you're going to stop work on the tool completely I wish you would consider releasing the source code. I understand that you didn't want to do that when you were still doing development, but now that you have stopped working on it, making it an open source tool could really have a lot of benefits for all of us, as racers. I personally can barely program Hello World, but there are a lot of other guys here that I think could take the ball and run with it without the work necessary in starting from scratch. Anyway, just something for you to consider.

Good luck with STCC and your other endeavors. I'm sure that the STCC series will be a huge success (everyone loves the video recaps).
I'm trying LFS Companion (v0.514b Alpha) and I have a problem I haven't seen mentioned here. Backfire sounds work, fuel alerts too, but I'm not getting any other pit messages (yes, they're all set to On).

I've tried several times to lock LFSC as described in the first message, but when I go to LFSC's config screen and try to lock it, it keeps reading "(Searching [0/0])" instead of my name.

I found two different versions of LFSC (one linked from here and one on the LFS Database) and I'm not completely sure which is the most recent, but I've tried them both with the same result.

Any ideas?

P.S. Sorry to read it's gonna be discontinued!
How do you get the insim relay to work?
Please Give me Very Understandable Instructions To Install This Program
you don't have to install anything, just run the program...
more instructions in the first post.
But it doesnt say Launch Lfs It said drag/drop Lfs.exe into Companion
And it said parometers must be positive and and it said memory access violation
one request, can we have the option of whcih soundcard to send the pit radio stuff to?

oook, after finishing all the reading of the thread and what not, i feel like a dork.
how to launch it? what port i need ... ? becous i drop the lfs.exe and it says parameter must be positive........ but if i don't do anything , just launch lfs.exe nothing hapening, so idk what to do, i'm to stupid .. plz help me ..
First off, I am sorry Becky that you will no longer be developing this. I have only just discovered it and think it is great and shows lots of potential to become an awesome add-on.
I do have a question that I am hoping someone can answer.
Can someone tell me whether the relays actually work for more than one insim or outgauge program at a time? If so how?
I have tried to run 2 insim programs (Pitspotter & LFS Stats) and I can't get them to work together, only 1 insim app will work at one time.
I have set 2 relays in LFSC, one for each app using the ports specified for each. LFSC sees them o.k as the corresponding port appears in LFSC once everything is started but they don't work together.
Same goes for 2 or more outgauge apps but I can get around this by using the outgauge gateway and setting up 1 LFSC relay to this gateway.
Any Ideas?
Hi, I'm just wondering if there is a manual for LFS Companion, as the link in the first post is broken and in Becky's page there's no link to anything LFS Companion related.

I know this is no longer developed, but I wanted to try it and get the functionality of having real time stats of races. Having watched STCC broadcasts I'm quite curious about how this works and how can I get it to work for me and analyse races and replays, and who knows if even broadcasting in a future?

Any help? Thanks in advance.
can i get a link? the one in the first page is broken
You know it wont work anymore soon. Patch Y it will be broke. I am sad because i like the atmosphere it gave with radio etc. Guess there is no chance Becky will port it to the enw insim as is.

LFS Companion 0.5 Alpha
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG